The "CrossFit Culture" is a bunch of DORKS!!!

Thanks.

Hard to know without some frame of reference. Appreciate the link.

Yeah, you wouldn't know unless you had been watching the CrossFit Games that were held this weekend. One of the events utilized that bike. The original bike of that style was called an Airdyne.

Side note, for those who didn't watch the Games, you missed out on the EPIC chance to see Dave Castro rocking cornrows. I mean, not really because I'm sure that shit is all over the Net by now, but the surprise of seeing him pop up on live TV like that was something else.

This thread was started in jest and good fun.

I think, however, it's exposed some folks with true disdain for CrossFit.

I did watch the games this weekend in between errands with the girl. As per usual I was impressed with the feats of strength, I didn't see day 1 so I don't have any comments about the Murph. But looked like most of the programming wasn't terribly horrendous like last year or so it felt. Also, it appears to me the average amount of time you can spend at the top of the games for a woman seems to much shorter than a man's similar to tennis.

I know it's a rogue product, the bike style is called an airdyne, lets not come up with dumb names. I'm sure there's a caveat that not only is Rogue a Sponsor of the games, I'm sure they gave ESPN a chunk of change for the color analysts to use their terms. More cool shit to buy courtesy of crossfit this year which is cool.

Also...what is the drug testing protocol for the games?

I know it's a rogue product, the bike style is called an airdyne, lets not come up with dumb names. I'm sure there's a caveat that not only is Rogue a Sponsor of the games, I'm sure they gave ESPN a chunk of change for the color analysts to use their terms. More cool shit to buy courtesy of crossfit this year which is cool.

That's good, but give us some context next time.

Looks like someone ripped off Schwinn.

ScreenHunter_693%20Jul.%2025%2015.13_zpsi6xo3lno.jpg

As a slight sidenote, my 55 year old father is about to start crossfit. I think it might be a good thing, though I will start getting worried if he starts talking about buying matching Nikes and going to a party involving Kool Aid.

As a slight sidenote, my 55 year old father is about to start crossfit. I think it might be a good thing, though I will start getting worried if he starts talking about buying matching Nikes and going to a party involving Kool Aid.
Make sure he gets a good physical first; up to and including a Cardiac Stress Test. If he is fit enough to consider CrossFit, he should be able to do a stand up treadmill.

Last edited:
Make sure he gets a good physical first; up to and including a Cardiac Stress Test. If he is fit enough to consider CrossFit, he should be able to do a stand up treadmill.
I will talk to him more about it but as far as I know he's in relatively good shape and should be ok but I'll double check. The place he's going to is run by vets and they sound pretty focused on starting people slowly so that made me feel better about him starting.

One of the top women this year had also qualified for the UK's Olympic Lifting team, I'd like to see a cross-over from either the US Olympic weightlifting team or a top US xFitter...as I watch the clean and jerk and no Americans have appeared on the platform.

One of the top women this year had also qualified for the UK's Olympic Lifting team, I'd like to see a cross-over from either the US Olympic weightlifting team or a top US xFitter...as I watch the clean and jerk and no Americans have appeared on the platform.
Are you talking about Tia Toomey? She's actually an Aussie lifter, not from the UK.

She also didn't do very well- one has to wonder how training for the games seriously impacted her ability to train and prepare for the Olympics.

Back