The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's with people that he hired! That to me is one of the most crazy things about this charade. One of the core attributes of the Trump 'brand' pushing candidate Trump to President Trump was how decisive he was in 'firing' people thanks to his Apprentice persona. But, instead of firing the people he hires who fuck up, make him mad, or however he forms opinions he doesn't fire them - just talks shit to them publicly via twitter and press statements. It always falls to someone else to fire them (Priebus, Scarammucci) or they quit after it gets too much (Bannon, Spicer, Gorka). Seems like Tillerson and Sessions have learned the lesson that if they want to keep their jobs just don't quit - the boss doesn't really have the stones to fire them - just rant and rave on social media.

Trump often says what he thinks his base wants to hear. Sometimes he gets it right and sometimes he does not. I think his base likes the fact that he will call out and rumble with politicians, even those he hired. So, does this mean Rex did call him a Moron?

So, does this mean Rex did call him a Moron?

He may or may not have called him that, but regardless of whether or not he did...it's getting "Romper Room'ish" at this point. Let's get to some serious matters rather than the three-year-old name calling game.

He may or may not have called him that, but regardless of whether or not he did...it's getting "Romper Room'ish" at this point. Let's get to some serious matters rather than the three-year-old name calling game

I agree, but it does matter. As a Platoon Sergeant or 1SG, I didn't always agree with my commander but I didn't publicly call them Morons. Loyalty matters.

I agree, but it does matter. As a Platoon Sergeant or 1SG, I didn't always agree with my commander but I didn't publicly call them Morons. Loyalty matters.

Sure it matters, I am just anti-drama. If he can't deal with being called a moron...then fire him and move on. Playing the IQ challenge game is childish at best, but not Presidential.

It's just really disappointing how he treats those around him. As mentioned, many of these are members of his staff! He clearly does not embrace the "take care of your troops" philosophy. Nor the concept of praising in public, criticizing in private. Scorched earth seems to be his style. I'd hoped for much better. :(

Flashback.. OCT. 8 2016

Donald Trump Could Have Been President

Donald Trump is never going to be the president of the United States. As we sit and digest each successive leak of damaging material, each un-endorsement, each Trump threat to attack Hillary Clinton in the most personal terms imaginable, the fact remains that Trump has almost surely destroyed his chance of ever becoming the most powerful man on Earth. The discussion will now slowly shift to Republican hopes of shoring up down-ballot races and (just wait) the creation of Trump TV. But we cannot and should not forget: A couple days ago it was still fathomable that America could have voted into office the biggest threat to the country in decades.

The conventional wisdom was definitely on him being un-electable. It's certainly what I thought. I didn't vote for then-candidate Trump. But I was happy when I woke up after Election Day and found out he would be President.

I take that back. I was happy that Secretary Clinton was not President Clinton.

The conventional wisdom was definitely on him being un-electable. It's certainly what I thought. I didn't vote for then-candidate Trump. But I was happy when I woke up after Election Day and found out he would be President.

I take that back. I was happy that Secretary Clinton was not President Clinton.

This, I understand fully. And agree with it. But this 10th of October morning? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

So that Em freestyle was an excercise in free speech an lyricism. It's easily google-able, but posting it here would sort of belay the whole "respect the office" tone we've got.

As a freestyle I have a couple thoughts on it, but as a rant full of punches he hits home with me.

ETA- His line about the NFL athletes and John McCain was his best couple of bars, tho. Got eeeeeeeeeem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back