The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh...no, they did not.
Dude. It's already been posted here.

SNL, Key and Peele, numerous crappy non-famous people.

Yes, they did. They did it so much he self deprecatingly referenced it, laughing off the fact that he got his ass handed to him by the right for 4/5 of a decade.

You must remember the anti-Obama 8 years right? The "you're not actually and American", "you're a Muslim" 8 years?

I mean, we aren't saying things like, "Pres Trump isn't American" or anything. It's not like anyone is accusing Pres Trump of his "questionable religious affiliation" like they did Obama. We are saying. "Pres Trump and his administration are laughable". Which they are. That's why so much material is available. Cause it's funny, and don't get your feelings hurt. It's a joke.

Wait, does that make me alt-right?

Lol. Well, if you feel like you're being unfairly targeted, or if this make you feel sad, that's ok.

But it doesn't change reality. Pres Trump is going to be the butt of these jokes as long as his behavior warrants it. And if you/his supporters/he can't take the jokes, maybe Pres Trump is the Snowflake in Chief the right has needed all along.

trumpflake.jpg

The only thing I'm sad about is that there's only one side of satirical commentary, just like how the media is treating every fart as an emergency. But as Mark Twain said: "If you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you read the papers you're misinformed."

The only thing I'm sad about is that there's only one side of satirical commentary, just like how the media is treating every fart as an emergency. But as Mark Twain said: "If you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you read the papers you're misinformed."
You're sad cause it's not your side. Get over it.

SNL isn't journalism. It is comedy. If you cannot see the hilarity of the shit Spicer says, and the way he says it, I don't know what to say. POTUS sets himself up to be satirized. He just says too much off the wall bullshit to not be.

They made fun of Obama, and Pelosi, Harry Reid, and even Hillary, maybe you just weren't watching.

The way they made fun of Hillary was almost exactly in line with what people here were saying. She is out of touch. She would do or say anything to get votes.

SNL isn't journalism. It is comedy. If you cannot see the hilarity of the shit Spicer says, and the way he says it, I don't know what to say. POTUS sets himself up to be satirized. He just says too much off the wall bullshit to not be.

They made fun of Obama, and Pelosi, Harry Reid, and even Hillary, maybe you just weren't watching.

The way they made fun of Hillary was almost exactly in line with what people here were saying. She is out of touch. She would do or say anything to get votes.
As I said: Whatever Man.

As I said: Whatever Man.

Dude,

Scroll to the bottom of this thread and watch the Amy Schumer video.

United States & Gun Control discussion.

Then see my 'outraged' comments and the discussion that takes place in the next few pages. Bottom line, in many cases we make the decision about what is funny based on whether we agree with the topic being made fun of. Once I got that thru my skull, I've enjoyed life a tad more, and can appreciate that humor being poked at things I may not like humor being poked at....because I know there is probably just a little bit of truth in it.

Uh...no, they did not.

When the DCGS-A test got re-opened there were some data-collectors running around saying how awesome Palantir was...I just know DCGS-A takes a lot of love to work.

Both SAMS MI Planners I worked and everyone in the data collection shop I spoke with about the issue much later on said Palantir was even worse than DCGS-A based on their experience. Take that for what it's worth...but acquisition wise, we spent way too much money on the pistol program.

I'm not much but I am a USMC SAMS equivalent and I thought Palantir was great when I was in Afghanistan. Granted I was only there in 2008-2009, and 2010-2011 so you may have more current and relevant experience. What was your operational combat experience using Palantir? I used it to find and apprehend a suicide bomber before he killed our provincial governor (and Teufel the battle space owner and company commander).

I'm not much but I am a USMC SAMS equivalent and I thought Palantir was great when I was in Afghanistan. Granted I was only there in 2008-2009, and 2010-2011 so you may have more current and relevant experience. What was your operational combat experience using Palantir? I used it to find and apprehend a suicide bomber before he killed our provincial governor (and Teufel the battle space owner and company commander).
I have legit zero experience with Palantir to compare to the reports generated by our S-2 when we used DCGS-A. As a reconnaissance platoon leader I provided raw intelligence reports to our S-2 shop that was then fed into DCG-S either direct from our O&I chat rooms via JBC-P and JCR or during debriefings following each mission when we operated out of FOBs.

To be clear, I was providing anecdotal evidence based on discussions I had with both of the MI Planners I worked with during my year in the DIV Plans section. The overarching opinion was that both systems were not user friendly.

It's not that I don't find the skits funny in a vacuum, because they are. It's that comedians who are satirists especially Stewart when he was still on and his replacement who is a pure shill aren't treating both sides the same. As has been said before: I get it, they have their own slant...but let's get a 60/40.

Now that the super bowl is not on...the shout out to Kirk Cousins in that skit is hilarious.

So AirBnB is coming out against Trump. Which I find pretty hilarious because the cities that are trying to push AirBnB out happen to be democratically controlled. So the hotel lobby's in those cities tend to be stronger it appears.

It looks like President Trump may not be allowed to address Parliament during his visit to the UK

Donald Trump will not be allowed to address Parliament on UK state visit, Speaker says
Donald Trump will not be welcome to address Parliament on his state visit to the UK because of his racist and sexist attitudes, the Speaker of the House of Commons has said in a major snub to the American President.

In a dramatic intervention, John Bercow, the Speaker, said he was “strongly opposed” to Mr Trump speaking in the Commons as he stressed that being invited to address Parliament was “not an automatic right” but “an earned honour”.

I'm conflicted. You all know my views on the President, but the (apparent) refusal of the House of Commons to allow Trump to speak seems like a huge slap in the face. I'll have to look and see if there's any precedent for this refusal, but if not then it may signal a serious degrading in relations between us and the UK. Well, the President's relationship with Theresa May is unaffected, but other legislators may not be as warm to him as the PM.

I forsee a big rally-style press conference coming instead of a Parliamentary address. Hell, the President would probably prefer that anyway!

It looks like President Trump may not be allowed to address Parliament during his visit to the UK

Donald Trump will not be allowed to address Parliament on UK state visit, Speaker says

I'm conflicted. You all know my views on the President, but the (apparent) refusal of the House of Commons to allow Trump to speak seems like a huge slap in the face. I'll have to look and see if there's any precedent for this refusal, but if not then it may signal a serious degrading in relations between us and the UK. Well, the President's relationship with Theresa May is unaffected, but other legislators may not be as warm to him as the PM.

I forsee a big rally-style press conference coming instead of a Parliamentary address. Hell, the President would probably prefer that anyway!

Sitting US Presidents who addressed England's Parliment in recent history, since 1939:

Reagan- 1982
Clinton- 1995
Obama- 2011

It is a bit presumptuous for Trump, or any sitting POTUS, to expect the privilege of speaking to Parliment so early in his term of office. He does not get to do so because he wants to. He may request such a speech, but he must await the invitation. Great Britain is not his to do with as he likes. Trump should bide both his time and his tongue. While it could happen, I rather doubt it will take place this soon in his administration. He has yet to establish a comfortable relationship with Great Britain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back