Ukraine - Russia Conflict

So- couple things.

320 feet is a cakewalk. Commercial mixed gas divers working simple DECO are working somewhere in the world 500+ right this second, I will guarantee it. It's not that hard. Saturation divers like @TLDR20 mentioned- much deeper. Huge surface supplied ships working ICW with subs and other submersibles can carry, transport and place hundreds of thousands of pounds of equipment. We worked with commercial divers in Scotland that routinely worked 400 feet- one of them worked a project at 900 feet... for 7 months.

The author has definitely published some bombshells that turned out to be true, he's also the guy that alleges the UBL raid was completely fictitious and didn't go the way that you were told, so I have a healthy dose of skepticism for him personally but...

... the timing links up. The fact that the regular Navy (and not SOCOM/JSOC) allegedly did the deed makes sense because JSOC would need express permission from Congress/SECDEF. Regular forces wouldn't. Navy divers are actually the right "tool" for this one- diving in SOCOM/SOF is almost always done for infil, not for salvage. Even for us (PJs) that have a distinct mission to recover... we tap the Navy when it's too deep.

I will hold what I got here- but you got motive, you got capability, you got timing, you got Biden explicitly saying that he was going to kill the pipeline during the exercise when it's alleged the explosives were being placed.
"If Russia invades, that means tanks and troops crossing the border of Ukraine again," Biden said. "Then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it."
When asked how, Biden said: "We will. I promise you. We will be able to do that."

That was Feb 2022.

You can probably count the number of SEALs in DEVGRU who are qualified and experience Navy Divers on a hand with three of the digits blown off. Dive work like that requires a different skill set then most of the pew pew shit. So I bet if they are in DEVGRU you can either find them pretty easy or they are invisible.

You can probably count the number of SEALs in DEVGRU who are qualified and experience Navy Divers on a hand with three of the digits blown off. Dive work like that requires a different skill set then most of the pew pew shit. So I bet if they are in DEVGRU you can either find them pretty easy or they are invisible.
Counterpoint: if it was a SEAL they will write a tell-all book about it in six months and we'll have all the details.

Counterpoint: if it was a SEAL they will write a tell-all book about it in six months and we'll have all the details.
Who said the book wasn't already being printed? Wasn't that how Bissonnette's shit worked?

Biden's making Obama look like Teddy Roosevelt...

We still doing extra-judicial droning in Yemen?

Reporting is it was navy and the agency…

There's always someone lurking around stories like these.

hughes_special_collections-0321_0113.jpg

Recognize him?! I want to be him.

If the end has me pissing in milk bottles but I got there via Ava Gardner*...that's not exactly a loss.

* For those who don't recognize the name, she was a criminally underrated and absolutely drop dead gorgeous actress. Kate Beckinsale played her in the Aviator and my thoughts on Kate B.'s batshit crazy ass are well known.

If the end has me pissing in milk bottles but I got there via Ava Gardner*...that's not exactly a loss.

* For those who don't recognize the name, she was a criminally underrated and absolutely drop dead gorgeous actress. Kate Beckinsale played her in the Aviator and my thoughts on Kate B.'s batshit crazy ass are well known.

Trivia time: Ava Gardner came from a small town close to the town my mom grew up in, and there's some way that my mom's family knew her family, though my mom had always denied knowing her.

As for the pic, I wonder where the Glomar Explorer is these days....

Trivia time: Ava Gardner came from a small town close to the town my mom grew up in, and there's some way that my mom's family knew her family, though my mom had always denied knowing her.

As for the pic, I wonder where the Glomar Explorer is these days....

Scrapped in China, 2015-2016. Somewhat ironic, but not surprising.

Glomar Explorer - Wikipedia

Preparation is a long-term endeavor.
We cut production, and cut factories, ignoring history and the requests from professionals to not take those actions.
Classic "guns or butter" dilemma. Making and maintaining the kinds of stockpiles we would actually need in a long, large-scale war is incredibly expensive. And it cuts into things that are more important to lawmakers, like I don't know... funding studies about how dog parks reinforce rape culture or something. You know what's not going to get you re-elected? Worrying about having enough missiles for something that may not even happen. What does get you re-elected? Bringing home that sweet sweet government bacon.

Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Suspected Iranian Weapons Seized by U.S. Navy May Go to Ukraine

CNS The Soufan Group Morning Brief

My interpretation:

US: <seizes illegal Iranian weapons shipment bound for Yemen under the auspices of the UN Arms Embargo. Wants to redirect seized weapons to Ukraine>

UN: "Um... is that legal?"

US: "Of course it's legal, we're the US! Would we do it if it were illegal?"

Me:

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Back