Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Anybody else on Twitter? The blow by blow accounts are fire!
Yeah seeing a lot of it.

The interesting bit is if Putin inserted green units...who the hells has green units? What weird doctrinal shit do you have to not vary your experience? Well I guess the sort that deploys 50k infantry to act as fodder. Although this has been previously a heavy part of doctrine Russian Army Doctrine. Russia started redploying troops from Grozny including ethnic Chechen units.

So he's violated doctrine without a heavy fires campaign, SEAD and other fires which is normal. They got bogged down in Kharkiv and then started bombardment instead of bombardment first. [shrugs]

New doctrine was focusing on creating a BCT like formation that had sustainment internally for a period of time...but apparently that doesn't work and the Russian support logistics is nothing like a Division Sustainment Brigade...

The whole IO Campaign against your own people and Army is interesting.

If multiple Twitter feeds are to be believed, Putin greatly underestimated the resolve of the Ukrainians. According to Riho Terras:

Putin is furious. Putin was expecting this to be done in 1-4 days. This war is costing them about $20 billy per day. There are 3-4 days worth of rockets at most. The Tula and Rotenberg plants can't fulfill orders for weapons. Rifles and ammo are the most they can do. The raw materials they imported from Slovenia, Finland, and Germany have been cut off. If Ukraine manages to hold the Russians off for 10 days, then the Russians will have to enter negotiations because they have no money, weapons, or resources. Alpha Spec Ops have been near Kyiv since 18 Feb. The goal was to take Kyiv and install a puppet regime. They are preparing provocations against innocent civilians to sow panic. This is their trump card. Russia's whole plan relies on panic-that the civilians and armed forces surrender and Zelensky flees. They expect Kharkiv to surrender first so the other cities would follow suit to avoid bloodshed. The Rusians are in shcok of the fierce resistance they have encountered.

$20 billy per day. There are 3-4 days worth of rockets at most.

I know wars are expensive but an all out effort like this, damn that is one hell of a price tag. Wasn't their foreign reserves at like $680 billion before this kicked off?

Last edited:
For those of you prone to "doomscrolling" (apparently the term du jour) the Instagram account realnewsnobullshit has consistently been 12-24 hours ahead of all of the news networks and is refreshingly devoid of, well, bullshit. Another decent account is northernprovisions.

Cav people - talk to me about tracks on asphalt/concrete. If I recall correctly, if a tracked vehicle is going to be using road surfaces they have track pads installed to minimize damage to the road surface and increase traction - is that accurate?

Cav people - talk to me about tracks on asphalt/concrete. If I recall correctly, if a tracked vehicle is going to be using road surfaces they have track pads installed to minimize damage to the road surface and increase traction - is that accurate?

More like to minimize wear on the track, in my time with Tanks, Brads, 113s not a single track could be ordered without pads. I don't think they exist in our supply chain. Israeli Merkavas are on roads all the time on road marches without pads. The biggest thing about minimizing wear on roads from a load perspective is what the road is rated for. If it's a Heavy-Duty Road it can take a tank. Medium Duty roads aren't rated for heavy shit, which is why you end up HMMTing tanks on trailers places.

That's my experience, but YMMV on schoolhouse spewing.

For those of you prone to "doomscrolling" (apparently the term du jour) the Instagram account realnewsnobullshit has consistently been 12-24 hours ahead of all of the news networks and is refreshingly devoid of, well, bullshit. Another decent account is northernprovisions.

Viper1 shared the app LiveUAMap which also is way ahead and updating every 15m or so.

Last edited:
Turkey's Erdogan is telling Zelensky he'll deny Russian warships access to the Dardanelles and the Bosphorus. Not sure why the Black Sea Fleet would feel the need to send ships through those straights at a time like this...but it could pose more logistics problems for Putin.

The OAF_Nation instagram has been really good about documenting this as well.

I've suspected for a few weeks that Putin's "we recognize the Republics of Donetsk and Luhansk as independent territories and will provide support" was probably what would happen, but the full scale invasion of Ukraine wasn't something I'd have put money on.

I also would have never imagined an invasion to happen with as poor logistical support as is being demonstrated by the Russians. It's a good real world example to point at to my joes and remind them just how important support operations are to frontline troops.

Russian transport aircraft shot down

Apparently the Russians tried to do some airborne insertions. Seems like it didn’t go too well for them.

Makes me wonder how the morale of the Russian troops is doing if they’re doing as poorly as stuff like this leads me to believe. Especially if that IL-76 was fully packed. That’s a lot of guys.

Back