Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Last edited:
I read a headline yesterday that the 74th Motorcycle Brigade had been captured.

A whole BRIGADE? Well gee, that's interesting.

I opened the article (on a site I'd never heard of before) and it was "a platoon" from the brigade.

OK, significantly smaller than a brigade, but that's still a notable number of troops.

Further in the article, a purported Ukrainian spokesman said he didn't know the number.

If it happened at all, it was probably two dudes from the scout platoon that turned left when they should have turned right and got balled up.

But yay, they captured a brigade!!
IMHO...

China's sanctions etc... are smoke and mirrors. They want things to get messy, for the US to get embroiled in a 2 way range with the Russkies, when that happens (or things just get out of control) China is going to pounce on Taiwan. It's the perfect situation for China. To complicate things, Japan has said it will fight to defend Taiwan (the USA has no agreement to defend Taiwan), then what does Kimbo Un do? Try to take out/on Japan and ROK?

I'm not an intel guy with insider knowledge so I'm quite surprised at how badly the Russians are doing, like this is super embarrassing for Vlad, armoured columns running out of fuel, entire convoys abandoned intact, no air supremacy, a massive propaganda fail.
What happend to the unbeatable Spetsnaz, the hard as nails Airborne and Naval Infantry, the masses of advanced weapons that would send the US Military reeling, let alone Ukraine's tiny Military? Vlady you naughty boy, have you been bullshitting us!?

The Chechen commander was supposedly killed today which is awesome.
I'm not buying the 5K Russian Soldier's mutiney until I see it from a reputable non Ukrainian source, but shit, I hope it's true. All of the Russians i've seen have had zero animus, in fact a cordial relationship with the Ukrainians so far, even buying food from them.

Part of me think's Putin is brilliant and will release his evil plan, the full strength of his Military, his secret wonder weapons, but then again I remember reading some history books that mentioned that same thing about 70 years ago...

I think it might be time for Finland to take back the land it lost in the Continuation War in 1945!
Russia was supposed to be this EW super jamming boogeyman, able to DF you and obliterate your grid square faster that you can say “radio check” if you were dumb enough to key your mic. Where are they? Ran out of petrol en route?

When I saw that video, I thought it was powerful. If an old lady walked up to me, handed me some sunflower seeds and said that to me, I'd find it pretty creepy. LOL.

A lot of misinformation floating around (the psy op game is strong) but, in terms of analysis, this thread by Gen Mark Hertling (ret.) is pretty good:

The comments on poorly trained/inexperienced (most Russian troops reportedly 1 yr conscripts, poor NCO corps, etc) and incredibly poor logistics (overstretched supply lines, no gas, no food, etc) seem to be ring true based on recurring reports.

Last edited:
I had not considered this aspect. The Most Immediate Nuclear Danger in Ukraine Isn’t Chernobyl
The most immediate nuclear danger, however, comes from Ukraine’s nuclear power plants. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has already stated that “Russian occupation forces are trying to seize” the Chernobyl nuclear plant, site of the infamous 1986 accident, and footage purportedly shows Russian forces there. Various storage facilities for spent nuclear fuel and radioactive waste are located nearby. However, the bigger risk comes from the potential for fighting around Ukraine’s four active nuclear power plants, which contain fifteen separate reactors and generated over half of the country’s electricity in 2020.

According to my First Alert, Belarusian Special Forces are staging for an air assault on Kyiv, and Putin has ordered for Russian deterrence forces to transfer to a combat mode.

Seems like everyone but me already has their accounts set up on that :( Anything else crazy that you're seeing?

Deterrence forces meaning nukes?

Back