Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Sweden gets into the act…it’s Christmas for Zelensky if he can keep the Russians away from all the incoming gear.

Sweden just announced it will deliver 5000 anti-armour rocket launchers, 5000 body armour kits, 5000 helmets, and 135,000 field rations to the Ukrainian armed forces
Sweden just announced it will deliver 5000 anti-armour rocket launchers, 5000 body armour kits, 5000 helmets, and 135,000 field rations to the Ukrainian armed forces Grästorp, Sweden - Ukraine Interactive map - Ukraine Latest news on live map - liveuamap.com

But how to get all the goods there? Russian warplanes are engaged in CAPs; NATO cannot provide air cover for military/charter flights without getting involved in the fight. The Black Sea fleet can control ports and interdict attempts by water. So what’s left? Covert ground transport through Poland? Slow, dangerous and limited.

Honestly, all this good shit might end up stagnating in Polish staging areas while Russia conquers and consolidates. The Ukrainians will have to hold on, protect supply routes and reception areas, keep up an effective logistics system for distribution amid Russian attacks and cyberwarfare.

I don’t know, man. Ukrainian defiance is inspiring. And the pledges of support are great. But the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Last edited:
But how to get all the goods there? Russian warplanes are engaged in CAPs; NATO cannot provide air cover for military/charter flights without getting involved in the fight. The Black Sea fleet can control ports and interdict attempts by water. So what’s left? Covert ground transport through Poland? Slow, dangerous and limited.

Honestly, all this good shit might end up stagnating in Polish staging areas while Russia conquers and consolidates. The Ukrainians will have to hold on, protect supply routes and reception areas, keep up an effective logistics system for distribution amid Russian attacks and cyberwarfare.

I don’t know, man. Ukrainian defiance is inspiring. And the pledges of support are great. But the road is paved with good intentions.

Russia has air superiority, not supremacy. Poland delivered massive shipments via ground on Friday. Land Bridge to the west where there is limited Russian activity is where this will go, but once it crosses the border how do you get things to the front. It seems that Ukraine is continuing to get airframes in the air and their ADA capabilities although damaged are still quite active.

If these reports of Conscripts being forced to sign contracts is anywhere close to true, I imagine morale is currently through the toilet and into the sewer system.

It really seems like Putin vastly underestimated Ukrainian troops resolve and current level of training and figured he could just send in a meat wave of young soldiers to take Kyiv. It's a brutal strategy, and I feel bad for the lower enlisted/younger Russian troops if that is the case. They're truly pawns in this fight.
It’s like the Russians and Germans in Stalingrad…. But with the roles reversed..

According to my First Alert, Belarusian Special Forces are staging for an air assault on Kyiv, and Putin has ordered for Russian deterrence forces to transfer to a combat mode.
Fear mongering. US and Russian land based systems went off alert in 1992.
The "special" mode means they are reactivating nuke comm links.

I read a short piece earlier that Turkey was considering excercising their treaty right to restrict access to the Black Sea. Have not seen corroboration. If true, this is serious risk of an Article 5 issue if Russia decides it doesn’t want to be restricted.

I read a short piece earlier that Turkey was considering excercising their treaty right to restrict access to the Black Sea. Have not seen corroboration. If true, this is serious risk of an Article 5 issue if Russia decides it doesn’t want to be restricted.

Turkey Says War Exists in Black Sea, Allowing It to Block Russian Navy

Under the Montreux Convention of 1934, it states they can block Non-Black Sea Fleet Vessels. I'm guessing Russia has to register the ships assigned to the Black Sea Fleet. All other vessels can eff off.

Back