Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Not really sure what he's supposed to do here. He's the president and he has a duty towards his people. Of course he's trying to do everything he can to ensure that he stays in power (if you're cynical) or Ukraine can fend off foreign invaders. I'm not a big fan of seeing an encore of Afghanistan 2021.

Right now, politics has nothing to with him trying to save his country from a hostile force. What would our response had been toward him if he had fled the country, like many leaders do, when Ukraine was first invaded. He gets blamed for not wearing a suit when addressing our congress. Don't know about you but I don't notice any of our officers dressing up during a combat situation. I see a war leader. If Ukraine drives out Russia, then let's see the people's choice.

I'm not hating President Zelenskyy for what he's doing. I like to think if I were in his situation I'd be doing the exact same thing. But he is absolutely trying to "drag us into war" with Russia. That's the only thing that is going to save his nation.

If any of you haven't watched his speech to Congress, you should. It's masterful. One of the first things he requests is a no-fly zone. A no-fly zone is going to put US planes (because that's probably all they would be, not NATO) in direct combat with Russia. And then we're at war.

Something else to think about is the "why." Who determines who gets to address Congress? I think it's the Speaker of the House. And the Speaker wouldn't have done it without the approval of the President. And neither would have allowed it to happen if they didn't already know what Zelenskyy was going to say. So knowing what he wanted, they let it proceed, which means it serves their interests.

It will be interesting to see where it goes from here. But yeah, if you haven't watched his speech yet do it. A whole lot to unpack there.

I don't blame or criticize Zelensky at all for trying to defend his people. He's literally pleading for their survival.

That said, NATO clearly understands what's at stake and continues to play it smart. They've checked themselves a few times already.

Despite the massive amount of propaganda surrounding this conflict, I still it look at through this lens: Who was the aggressor? Putin owns this 100%. If he does initiate this directive, no one knows who Zelensky is. He didn't ask for it. It's also clear now that it was simply a matter of time before Putin took this step. Fortunately, it was against a neighbor that wasn't willing to roll over.

I don't blame or criticize Zelensky at all for trying to defend his people. He's literally pleading for their survival.

That said, NATO clearly understands what's at stake and continues to play it smart. They've checked themselves a few times already.

Despite the massive amount of propaganda surrounding this conflict, I still it look at through this lens: Who was the aggressor? Putin owns this 100%. If he does initiate this directive, no one knows who Zelensky is. He didn't ask for it. It's also clear now that it was simply a matter of time before Putin took this step. Fortunately, it was against a neighbor that wasn't willing to roll over.
It's very refreshing to me to see people actually willing to fight for their homes instead of demanding someone else do it for them.

Wait, is this a thing? If I get an electric car, someone who is not me can deactivate my car remotely without my permission?

Elon Musk asked by Twitter users to deactivate all Teslas in Russia, following the country's invasion of Ukraine​

Elon Musk asked by Twitter users to deactivate all Teslas in Russia, following the country's invasion of Ukraine

Ford can send updates over the air to some of their vehicles (and not just electric vehicles, IIRC F-150 and Bronco were discussed as well as the Mach-E). An OTA “update” that shuts things down isn’t a far leap.

As a dictator who only cares about staying in power, Putin cannot be trusted concerning anything that exits his pie-hole. He has no issue with attacking civilians and/or anyone/anything he wants. He doesn't differentiate between civilian and military - he only sees targets to destroy.

Ford can send updates over the air to some of their vehicles (and not just electric vehicles, IIRC F-150 and Bronco were discussed as well as the Mach-E). An OTA “update” that shuts things down isn’t a far leap.
Well, I mean I'm a Jeep guy so I'm used to vehicles that randomly shut themselves off, but at least it's not being directed by someone else ;)

Last edited:
Back