Ukraine - Russia Conflict

A month before she was arrested, State had already put out the evac order for Americans in Russia. This was before any Russian forces hit SP. She's there to take Russian Oligarch blood money clearly.
She was detained on Feb 17th, the US didn't tell Americans to leave Russia until March 5th. She has played professionally in Russia since 2014, so she probably felt pretty comfortable being there. And I don't think anyone expected the shitshow we're in the middle of, so I don't think it's fair to blame her for her situation.

I’m sorry if I sound insensitive to him, and maybe I’m reading this wrong, but to me it sounds like he realized war isn’t call of duty, and he regrets it, so he deserted and hid under the international Red Cross, possibly compromising their access and status.

I called this early on and reality did not disappoint.

If true, sounds like the Ukrainians are trying to replicate what the Russians did to the Germans at Stalingrad, if necessary, around Kiev. Really reminded me of this movie scene specifically with regard to the lack of equipment and the threat of being shot.
That was the exact scene I was thinking of.

I’m sorry if I sound insensitive to him, and maybe I’m reading this wrong, but to me it sounds like he realized war isn’t call of duty, and he regrets it, so he deserted and hid under the international Red Cross, possibly compromising their access and status.
Also possible that he was former military and bought into the idea that Ukraine was going to provide weapons and ammo before sending them out to the front lines.

Also possible that this is all just propaganda meant to keep people from volunteering.

Also possible that he is from 1st Civ Div Camp Couch located in moms basement. Point is we don't know what we don't know and can only guess.

This smacks of the need for a Babylon Bee headline, something like "US Marines and Soldiers go to Ukraine to fight, only to find out they were instructed for form at 0400 for a 0630 weapons draw" or "People go to Ukraine to fight, only to stand around for 90% of the time."

Call of War indeed. I have zero sympathy for people going over there then deciding it's not their cup of tea....

This smacks of the need for a Babylon Bee headline, something like "US Marines and Soldiers go to Ukraine to fight, only to find out they were instructed for form at 0400 for a 0630 weapons draw" or "People go to Ukraine to fight, only to stand around for 90% of the time."

Call of War indeed. I have zero sympathy for people going over there then deciding it's not their cup of tea....
Hm, this might be the next Article 107 News article.

Can't get any more surreal or weird, really? Ask and you shall receive:
Russian MP wanted Putin to fire nuclear missile at America to 'send a message'
Russian Duma member Yevgeny Alexeyevich Fyodorov has claimed America would not retaliate if Russia fired a ballistic missile at them, with casualties of roughly 10,000 predicted by the politician.

A warped Russian politician has called on Vladimir Putin to launch "a ballistic missile" at the Nevada test range in America to "send a message".

The comment comes from Russian Duma member Yevgeny Alexeyevich Fyodorov, who claims that western nations are acting "on the assumption that Putin has no trump cards in his hand".

One potential "trump card," Fyodorov says, could be a nuclear strike on a Nevada test site, which he believes would not see retaliation from the US."

Evidently, batshit crazy is the one thing there's no shortage of these days.

Last edited:
Back