Ukraine - Russia Conflict

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
From Wiki:
Russian frigate Admiral Makarov - Wikipedia
Data from Flightradar24 showed a USAF Northrop Grumman RQ-4 Global Hawk and an RAF Boeing RC-135 Rivet Joint flying in circular patterns over the Black Sea, suggesting that something may have happened to the Makarov.

If you go over to FlightRadar24, RRR7236, an RAF RC-135W is transiting back to the UK. FORTE11, an USAF RQ-4B, is currently over the Black Sea. It isn't unreasonable to think something big is going on over the Black Sea.

You now have two modern warships, 1 sunk and 1 heavily damaged or sunk. Both have modern air defenses designed to counter missiles like the Neptune. The Neptune is roughly comparable to the US Navy's Harpoon which is in service with about half of the planet's navies. I'd dare say most of the West's navies would annihilate the Soviets in a Mahanian decisive battle.

You know, second and third order effects being what they are, how many Soviet generals and admirals will lose their jobs over this war? I'm not talking about those fighting in it, I mean those will will fail the upcoming "inspections" (witch hunts) and "reassignments" (purges, the Soviets love their purges)?

"Comrade, we've developed new damage control training and found your ship to be...lacking in some capabilities."

Tell me that won't happen before this is all over. Fail your tank's gunnery tables? BWAHAHAHAHA! Maintenance problems in your fighter squadron? BWAHAHAHAHA! Missing light bulb on your frigate? BWAHAHAHA!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
From Wiki:

If you go over to FlightRadar24, RRR7236, an RAF RC-135W is transiting back to the UK. FORTE11, an USAF RQ-4B, is currently over the Black Sea. It isn't unreasonable to think something big is going on over the Black Sea.

You now have two modern warships, 1 sunk and 1 heavily damaged or sunk. Both have modern air defenses designed to counter missiles like the Neptune. The Neptune is roughly comparable to the US Navy's Harpoon which is in service with about half of the planet's navies. I'd dare say most of the West's navies would annihilate the Soviets in a Mahanian decisive battle.

You know, second and third order effects being what they are, how many Soviet generals and admirals will lose their jobs over this war? I'm not talking about those fighting in it, I mean those will will fail the upcoming "inspections" (witch hunts) and "reassignments" (purges, the Soviets love their purges)?

"Comrade, we've developed new damage control training and found your ship to be...lacking in some capabilities."

Tell me that won't happen before this is all over. Fail your tank's gunnery tables? BWAHAHAHAHA! Maintenance problems in your fighter squadron? BWAHAHAHAHA! Missing light bulb on your frigate? BWAHAHAHA!
Let's just say, it may be a "rebuilding year" for the Soviet military. :ROFLMAO:

Let's just say, it may be a "rebuilding year" for the Soviet military. :ROFLMAO:

"In other news, a surprise acquisition was announced in Moscow today. Kirk Cousins has signed a 5-year, 400 billion ruble deal to head up the Western Military District. This deal has stunned both the US and USSR, leaving the likes of Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield to test the waters of free agency."

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
From Wiki:

The Russian military really seems to be getting an ass whipping, which I'm happy about and totally approve of. I wonder if we eventually get to the point where Russia is tired of getting its ass kicked and really open up with the rest of its capabilities.

The Russian military really seems to be getting an ass whipping, which I'm happy about and totally approve of. I wonder if we eventually get to the point where Russia is tired of getting its ass kicked and really open up with the rest of its capabilities.

I agree and I agree. They (Putin) are taking a beating and at what point do they say "Fuck it, the West is weak" and roll the dice? Brother, we know the war crimes the Soviets committed in Syria. They used chemical weapons, they napalmed schools and hospitals, they targeted anything with a pulse...and we did nothing as a direct response. We looked the other way and maintained our existing posture.

Now that the UA is involved we're going to care? NOW we'll find our spine? The US will go to war with the New USSR if they hit Mariupol with chemical agents? Yeah, nah.

And I say the US because...and I truly love and respect our allies, especially those in the Commonwealth, but their politicians are weak. Their political systems are weak. They will follow our lead. If we say the solution is to send 10 tons of chocolate per day to Moscow, they would plead poverty and negotiate down to a thousand kilos. We would then send our portion and whatever the other nations couldn't cover.

We've hit our equilibrium with the war and are waiting to see what will happen. Putin has the next move.

Or have I missed something?

Also, where is a better love emoji?

Seems pro-Russian encouraging a surrender by the Ukrainian Army in Mariupol. Maybe I'm jaded. But he also said that the Civilians who have sought refuge there are human shields so...

He started as pretty unbiased but has become more pro Russian as the conflict went on. I'm not siding with the guy, it's just interesting to watch; especially when he interacts with the civilians. Most aren't cheering for Ukraine...
There's more than 2 sides to a story and we're not even getting close to 1 side of this one.

Ok. Serious question. The foreign fighters who come over an enlist in Ukraine's foreign legion, are they mercenaries? Illegal combatants? Soldiers in the Ukrainian Army? What do you think their status should be?

Question prompted by this article about a Brit captured by the Russians.

Back