Ukraine - Russia Conflict

@Gunz the problem I see is that Ukraine may be getting better equipment but it's equipment with a steep learning curve. Also, Ukraine is definitely distorting or outright hiding their losses. Without a major influx of manpower, how long can they sustain?

How long are we delaying the eventual world wide conflict? Putin isn't going to back down. Either way, we have an eventual worldwide nuclear war. Everyone is forgetting all the other assholes in the room, with itchy button fingers.

I hope you're wrong, Bro, but the doomsday clock has moved closer to midnight. But didn't we (US/UK/NATO) have advisors training Ukrainians in the use of these weapons prior to invasion?

RE: all the military equipment and weapons, read this in an article earlier:

"While many who sympathize with Ukraine are cheering, this multi-billion dollar weapons package will make little difference. As former US Marine intelligence officer Scott Ritter said on the Ron Paul Liberty Report last week, “I can say with absolute certainty that even if this aid makes it to the battlefield, it will have zero impact on the battle. And Joe Biden knows it.”

Sooooo......is it working, or no??

Good question. Probably one for which we'll never get an honest answer prior to conflict termination.

Dark, cynical view follows, but y'all weren't expecting rainbows and butterflies when you saw that I posted.

I am 100% down with the Ukraine. I am Team Ukraine. I am all for the world providing the curb (weapons) on which the Ukraine can curb stomp the Soviets.

Also, I don't care about the Ukraine.

Nations have to act in their own best interests and friendships can be fleeting. That isn't a good idea, but it happens. A friendship/ partnership with UA is in the US' best interests. You know what else is in our best interests?

A lot of dead Soviets.

Sorry, not sorry, but if UA bleeds itself dry a la Afghanistan from 79-89 to weaken USSR 2.0, then send more weapons. Not 500 Javs/ Stingers a day, but send them what they need to kill Soviets. If UA bleeds a cup, let the USSR bleed a gallon.

I think the Odyssey put it best:

USSR/ Eurymachus:
Spare your own people. As for ourselves, we’ll make restitution of wine and meat consumed, and add, each one, a tithe of twenty oxen with gifts of bronze and gold to warm your heart. Meanwhile we cannot blame you for your anger.

UA/ Odysseus:
Not for the whole treasure of your fathers, all you enjoy, lands, flocks, or any gold put up by others, would I hold my hand. There will be killing till the score is paid. You forced yourselves upon this house. Fight your way out, or run for it, if you think you’ll escape death. I doubt one man of you skins by.

I hope you're wrong, Bro, but the doomsday clock has moved closer to midnight. But didn't we (US/UK/NATO) have advisors training Ukrainians in the use of these weapons prior to invasion?

I don't think it was vehicles and many of the heavy weapons. Canada just sent 4 M777 to Ukraine and are now training Ukrainian's to use them. And this doesn't account for all the nations donating that were not involved in training since 2014.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ukraine-m777-howitzer-russia-heavy-artillery-1.6427762

Canada training Ukrainian troops on howitzer artillery, Canadian defense minister says

Russia intends to seize all of Southern Ukraine. Have fun with that guys.

Ukraine war: Russia 'plans to seize southern Ukraine'

Additionally, AFP reports that Russia won't allow Ukrainian Army to surrender in Mariupol. So, went from a Surrender or Die Ultimatum to a just die ultimatum.

So far Ukrainian Army soldiers were refusing to surrender. This is turning into some viking level glorious way to die type shit. The Ukrainian BoB mini-series on HBO will be next level when all this shit is over.

8 days later and the Ukrainian Army is still holding out in Mariupol.

Civilians continue to seek refuge at a besieged steel complex in Mariupol.

The latest speculation on Putin is interesting:
Putin 'to have cancer operation and hand power to hardline ex-spy chief'

The real problem in this is that it appears the U.S. still doesn't have any open diplomatic lines to the Kremlin. As a matter of fact, it's concerning that the Kremlin has seemingly shut down most direct diplomatic channels to the West. In the meantime, the Chinese continue to stand by the Kremlin.

Chalk up another dead Russian General.

Russian general killed alongside 100 of his soldiers, Ukraine says

Reports are also saying the Russian Army Chief of Staff was on ground during the attack and was wounded. Shit electronic warfare unit or amazing intelligence provided (likely both).

At the beginning of this conflict there wasn't unified command on the Russian side...then they fixed that and dude's position gets comped. Wild stuff. Putin's chief of staff Valery Gerasimov 'wounded' in Ukraine

At the beginning of this conflict there wasn't unified command on the Russian side...then they fixed that and dude's position gets comped. Wild stuff. Putin's chief of staff Valery Gerasimov 'wounded' in Ukraine

If this is all true- about the amount of Russian generals getting schwacked- I need to rethink how they conduct C2 from tactical to operational levels, and where in the battlespace they should be. Lots of interesting nuggets to dig into here, with the implications being well worth the study someone somewhere is probably chalking up already.

I hope we use this to support information warfare campaigns abroad where Vagner Group and Russia have been able to shift perceptions of US influence in a negative way so we can start pressing back on their overall lack of competence. Who knows though.

If the Russians actually have him, the "Biolab" bullshit is the contrived pretext for prosecution and fits in well with the the existing propaganda that the Ukrainians have a secret bioweapons lab beneath the the Azovstal industrial complex.

Call it conspiracy to commit war crimes and summon the kangaroo court.

He should've stayed in Canada to face the sex charges. Now it's too late to do the honorable thing and charge into Russian machine gun fire.

Last edited:
Here's something interesting from the rumor mill.

If they have this guy, Trudeau is fucked and hopefully it's not enough to trigger Putin.

Military officer retires, heads to Ukraine amid sex misconduct investigation
Timeline on this is a bit weird.

Linked story has an 21 APR date. So, a couple weeks ago.

Tweet from Soviets is from yesterday.

Azovstal has been under surrounded/under seige since late March and reportedly completely surrounded by 16 APR - prior to the Canadian General's departure.

So, how did he get into the plant and why would he go there?

Why would Azovstal have a biolab (Soviet and Chinese propaganda going back to March)? Have Soviets actually taken Azovstal yet? Odd.

Last edited:
Timeline on this is a bit weird.

Linked story has an 21 APR date. So, a couple weeks ago.

Tweet from Soviets is from yesterday.

Azovstal has been under surrounded/under seige since late March and reportedly completely surrounded by 16 APR - prior to the Canadian General's departure.

So, how did he get into the plant and why would he go there?

Why would Azovstal have a biolab (Soviet and Chinese propaganda going back to March)? Have Soviets actually taken Azovstal yet? Odd.

His official date of retirement was April 5th but he hasn't been in uniform for quite some time. I had cleared, moved and been in shorts and crocs for almost 6 months before my actual retirement date. It's plausible he was in country, long before the invasion.

Ukraine had dozens of public health research facilities, toss in a bio weapons General and you have a bio weapons lab. Not necessarily true but enough for propaganda. If they secured materials from said labs and had to retreat, it would make sense that it's underground with them in the plant.

Russia hasn't taken the whole Azovstal facility, there's acres of underground tunnels and rooms.

So, the NY Times broke a story that US intelligence was providing information to the Ukraine so it could target Soviet generals. (There are a bunch of links out there).

Then this popped up:
Pentagon denies US intelligence is targeting Russian generals in Ukraine

“The United States provides battlefield intelligence to help Ukrainians defend their country,” Pentagon spokesman John Kirby told reporters during a press conference. “We do not provide intelligence on the location of senior military leaders on the battlefield or participate in the targeting decisions of the Ukrainian military.

Later in the article, we more of the same:
“This is their country, their territory and they have capable intelligence collection abilities of their own,” he added. “Ukraine combines information that we and other partners provide with the intelligence that they themselves are gathering on the battlefield.”

"Nah, we totally aren't providing information on generals an' shit. We are giving them data and what they do with that data is anyone's guess. I mean, if we told the Ukrainians that a cluster of RF was at a 10-digit coordinate, that doesn't mean a general officer is there."

So, the NY Times broke a story that US intelligence was providing information to the Ukraine so it could target Soviet generals. (There are a bunch of links out there).

Then this popped up:
Pentagon denies US intelligence is targeting Russian generals in Ukraine

Later in the article, we more of the same:

"Nah, we totally aren't providing information on generals an' shit. We are giving them data and what they do with that data is anyone's guess. I mean, if we told the Ukrainians that a cluster of RF was at a 10-digit coordinate, that doesn't mean a general officer is there."
Go Intel!!

Back