Ukraine - Russia Conflict

I thought that high fuel prices in the US were due to "Putin's War?" (from my Twitter feed)

View attachment 39797
Did I miss something important? Was it declared that we are at war? Is anyone outside of Ukraine and embargoed Russia in a declared war?

Why should any other country, or more specifically a for profit company, care about our situation? If he wants to help the people of the United States, turn on our tap. More domestic oil, means global oil goes down in price to be more competitive.

This is the equivalent of starving to death because your neighbor won’t share, while your pantry is fully stocked.

Did I miss something important? Was it declared that we are at war? Is anyone outside of Ukraine and embargoed Russia in a declared war?

Why should any other country, or more specifically a for profit company, care about our situation? If he wants to help the people of the United States, turn on our tap. More domestic oil, means global oil goes down in price to be more competitive.

This is the equivalent of starving to death because your neighbor won’t share, while your pantry is fully stocked.
I agree that we should become energy independent. IIRC, there was a time not long ago that we were.

High gas prices are not a bug in the Biden-led system, they are a feature, intended to drive "green" energy and promote the "liberal world order."

This is a case of the "Why not both"? meme.

Oil production was low during the pandemic, it has been increasing. It's not peak production levels, (which was about 13 million barrels a day), but that's why there's that release of 1 million barrels a day from the strategic reserve.

I doubt we ever hit energy independence while oil is our primary fuel source.

Americans on average use about 21 million barrels of oil daily, with about 40% of the consumption devoted to gasoline, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Domestic oil production is equal to more than half of the country’s usage, but high prices have not led companies to return to their pre-pandemic levels of output. The U.S. is producing on average 11.7 million barrels daily, down from 13 million barrels in early 2020.

As for the oil companies, they're seeing record breaking profits while slowing on new drilling.

I thought that high fuel prices in the US were due to "Putin's War?" (from my Twitter feed)

View attachment 39797

Well when we are selling our Strategic oil reserves to lower prices and they aren’t reducing the price to consumers it is a little fucked up.

Domestic production is about 2 million barrels short of consumption. What is he supposed to do? Drill the oil himself? Oil companies are reaping massive profits right now. Massive. They have a commodity that we have to pay for. It is driving the price of everything up. They don’t give a shit.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Don't even need to drill more, just need to uncap wells. This administration's implementation of policies and rhetoric demonizing oil companies is the problem.
Well when we are selling our Strategic oil reserves to lower prices and they aren’t reducing the price to consumers it is a little fucked up.

Domestic production is about 2 million barrels short of consumption. What is he supposed to do? Drill the oil himself? Oil companies are reaping massive profits right now. Massive. They have a commodity that we have to pay for. It is driving the price of everything up. They don’t give a shit.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Shut his damn mouth for once? Like legitimately resign or stop talking. So much for bringing the world back to "normal". If anything life has trended in such a way under this regime to where we welcomely encourage activism in the workplace for one type of person...but the other is more likely to get fired.

Also, no real point releasing 1M Barrels from the Strategic reserve, that's not going to do much. Heck gas companies could charge far less if they decided to. Depending on the delivery contracts they had purchased. We have over 415M Barrels in storage. Last week that increased by 2.5M. Peak cheap gas prices was when we were maxed at storage capacity. Our max is close to 800M Barrels.

I want the Soviets to lose more than I want the Ukraine to win. For the...what are up to now? 55 billion or something?...that we've earmarked for the Ukraine, think of what we could do here in the US with a fraction of that money.

Fucking Congress...if you asked them to send a billion to the UA, they wouldn't blink. Ask for a billion to address mental health in this country and they will lose their minds. As much as we scream about our children, for the children, we're sending a lot of money elsewhere to help other people's children.

I want the Soviets to lose more than I want the Ukraine to win. For the...what are up to now? 55 billion or something?...that we've earmarked for the Ukraine, think of what we could do here in the US with a fraction of that money.

Fucking Congress...if you asked them to send a billion to the UA, they wouldn't blink. Ask for a billion to address mental health in this country and they will lose their minds. As much as we scream about our children, for the children, we're sending a lot of money elsewhere to help other people's children.
I don't think we've delivered even a fraction of what we've appropriated.

We certainly do send a lot of money overseas to support freedom...and do shit to education our children here what that actually means.

Back