Ukraine - Russia Conflict

I think it's, for lack of better term, a missed opportunity on Putin's part.

If they'd successfully assassinated Zelensky early in the war they likely would have gotten away with it, but after the first few weeks I think that option has become untenable.

Once the war moved from initial invasion to military support rolling into Ukraine, I think Putin's space to do that without a NATO response had faded.

Agreed. I think Russia's plans never went to plan, and now they are, like, on Plan R1.5. I think kill, capture, or control was in the early plans and when could do none of that, they had to change tactics.

Interesting interview.

This guy has zero concept of persec. Between giving names of his team, showing his face and there's even interviews with his mother with a quick google search.

Last edited:
Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

What do they want? What's in it for them? What is their play?
Spitballing, pretty sure there is a huge Muslim population that might be concentrated along that corridor that connect them to Russia. Turkey might be able to expand it's field of influence with a weakened Russia. ( Dagestan?)

I think with Turkey it's as simple as equipment. They wanted F35s but they got...shot down and it didn't happen. I doubt they'll get those but maybe some block 60 F16s?
In todays national daily Turkey has accused Sweden & Finland of offering a safe haven to "Kurdish militants." It was a little vague but Turkey has "got what it wanted."

In todays national daily Turkey has accused Sweden & Finland of offering a safe haven to "Kurdish militants." It was a little vague but Turkey has "got what it wanted."
Part of the deal apparently involved the extradition of 30+ people Turkey identified as militants to itself as a nation.

Whatever the National Daily is saying now is what Turkey had accused Sweden and Finland of doing up until they came to the recent agreement that resulted in Turkey overturning its 'nay' bid to both Sweden and Finland joining NATO.

Back