Ukraine - Russia Conflict

These are cute and green to boot. Who wouldn't want one?

Thanks to their speed, size and relatively low heat signature, the Atom Military motorbikes are used for reconnaissance missions, among several other tasks.

“The enemy cannot hear you even at close range,” said Vanda, chief marketing officer at Sunoco Trading and Ryder Ukraine.

They also increase communications in areas where Russians use electronic warfare to jam signals — messengers on bikes is a long-proven form of battlefield courier correspondence. They also offer the ability to transport small cargo and provide quick medical relief to the wounded via traveling medics. Eventually, said Vanda, they can be placed on inflatable boats and moved around thanks to their size and weight.

Commander In Ukraine Wants Quiet Electric Bikes For His Sniper Teams - USA News

Fact check: Ukraine's 'Ghost of Kyiv' fighter pilot | DW | 04.05.2022
I agree. Having been to Ukraine and been speaking Russian for a few years now, I've picked up on the cultural norms. Russians and Ukrainians share a lot of the same mannerisms that they don't really want to admit. Both are head strong, family/community oriented, very proud of their cultures, and emotionally driven, and that seems to manifest in their media and decision making process in the military. It's still pretty Soviet.

I called it, but not this particular event. I don't know if this was posted earlier or not, but the Ghost of Kyiv was a giant propaganda piece. I can't blame them for using something to unite the country on a common problem, but my point about the old Soviet ways are still very much alive. I think a lot of us here were right to be skeptical about the "official" numbers reported.

Fact check: Ukraine's 'Ghost of Kyiv' fighter pilot | DW | 04.05.2022

I called it, but not this particular event. I don't know if this was posted earlier or not, but the Ghost of Kyiv was a giant propaganda piece. I can't blame them for using something to unite the country on a common problem, but my point about the old Soviet ways are still very much alive. I think a lot of us here were right to be skeptical about the "official" numbers reported.
It's almost like... a government will literally lie to it's people and conduct massive IO campaigns in order to garner friendly interest and support for an operation that would normally be abhorred by the general population, and those campaigns are conducted at the local, larger and overarching governmental levels, nearly all the time.

Glad this is a single instance of this happening with Russia and Ukraine, and not a tactic our own federal agencies and government use in times of war AND peace so much that it's essentially accepted practice by our own citizens writ large; either through ignorance or negligence (with some nihilism thrown in for spice).

"...We aren’t officially in a state of war, so they could not force me to go.”

US DoD since WWII:

View attachment 39462

Apparently "we" are in a state of war. I must have missed the Congressional vote on this?

https://katv.com/news/nation-world/...edia-with-claim-about-ukraine-russia-conflict

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer stunned social media Friday when he claimed 'we're at war,' apparently referring to the U.S.'s position in the conflict between Russia and Ukraine.

The comments came when Sen. Hoyer, D-Md., was arguing on the House floor about the current energy crisis, which has led to record-high gas prices for Americans.

Hoyer then said he wished “we’d get off this and really focus on the enemy,” adding he knows “there’s a lot of politics here, but we’re at war.” He later repeated himself, saying, “we’re at war.”

Apparently "we" are in a state of war. I must have missed the Congressional vote on this?

https://katv.com/news/nation-world/...edia-with-claim-about-ukraine-russia-conflict
It’s almost as if politicians don’t realize, that now more than ever, words can mean things and have global repercussions.

Russian officials have already been heard saying that NATO staging troops in Sweden and Finland would make those countries legal targets. Saying that Poland is next for “denazification”.

You can’t just run around saying things like “we’re at war” or someone might take that seriously.

It's almost like... a government will literally lie to it's people and conduct massive IO campaigns in order to garner friendly interest and support for an operation that would normally be abhorred by the general population, and those campaigns are conducted at the local, larger and overarching governmental levels, nearly all the time.

Glad this is a single instance of this happening with Russia and Ukraine, and not a tactic our own federal agencies and government use in times of war AND peace so much that it's essentially accepted practice by our own citizens writ large; either through ignorance or negligence (with some nihilism thrown in for spice).

I think I'd take that IO versus interning tens of thousands of loyal citizens because of their ethnic makeup.

Democrats and their Octogenarian leaders. But at least he admits the country needs to produce energy. Keep saying trash like that and homeslice on the other end will get itchy and slip on the red button.

Last edited:
Ukrainian Counteroffensive at Kharkiv continues to make gains. Thread and article from the Telegraph. Part of this success is obviously because the Russians have thrown more resources into Donbas. But these retreats have also been pretty bloody and it will take Russia years to refit these units. On a replacement basis, you could have some of these units at full strength manpower wise I suppose within a year with conscripts. But they will lack any true experience needed to do much and will take years of training as a unit to be at any competent level...if we even thought they were competent before the war.

If Finland's parliament approves, Putin will have another NATO country on his border. He'll piss and moan and threaten, my guess...but can't afford to pull another Ukraine. Also guessing that if Finland get's the go-ahead, the admission process will happen at record speed.

Finland announces it wants to join NATO

If Finland's parliament approves, Putin will have another NATO country on his border. He'll piss and moan and threaten, my guess...but can't afford to pull another Ukraine. Also guessing that if Finland get's the go-ahead, the admission process will happen at record speed.

Finland announces it wants to join NATO
This is a very good guess, since both Finland and Sweden (which also intends to join) already fulfill and even surpass some current member nations in all the criteria that have kept other countries in membership limbo for years.

Last edited:
Back