Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Last edited:
If any SOF is sent it ought to be Marine SOF. The Dress Blues stay home, but don't outsource an exclusive Marine Corps role.

(PS. The new US Ambassador, Bridget Brink? Any relation to

View attachment 39529

Small world story, I know him a bit through a different venue. He got my nutrition and strength/fitness on the right track after my hospitalization.

I agree re: USMC mission. They have everything they need to do the job, and I think SOF is a shiny toy for them to use.

Small world story, I know him a bit through a different venue. He got my nutrition and strength/fitness on the right track after my hospitalization.

I agree re: USMC mission. They have everything they need to do the job, and I think SOF is a shiny toy for them to use.

He was an SS member back in 08, 09 or thereabouts when I was here under a different callsign. He made an impression.

And that’s all I’m gonna say.

He was an SS member back in 08, 09 or thereabouts when I was here under a different callsign. He made an impression.

And that’s all I’m gonna say.

He's not a vet but definitely orbits the peri-SOF world. He is opinionated and has a, ah, robust view of himself and can be an ass. That said, he really helped me out.

So by now we all know that Russia has invaded Ukraine.
NATO is refusing to join the conflict unless it spills over into a NATO country. The west is mobilizing some forces for such an eventuality.
Chechnya is sending troops to fight with Russia against Ukraine. Ukraine is asking for military trained volunteers to come and fight with them.

What do you think Putin’s ultimate goal is? Conquer and annex Ukraine? A limited offensive to weaken Ukraine so much that he will be able to manipulate them to his will? Limited territorial gains to secure a land bridge and water for Crimea and secure a buffer zone for Russia’s security?
Something different?

Tell us your thoughts, post updates, pics and videos.
So by now we all know that Russia has invaded Ukraine.
NATO is refusing to join the conflict unless it spills over into a NATO country. The west is mobilizing some forces for such an eventuality.
Chechnya is sending troops to fight with Russia against Ukraine. Ukraine is asking for military trained volunteers to come and fight with them.

What do you think Putin’s ultimate goal is? Conquer and annex Ukraine? A limited offensive to weaken Ukraine so much that he will be able to manipulate them to his will? Limited territorial gains to secure a land bridge and water for Crimea and secure a buffer zone for Russia’s security?
Something different?

Tell us your thoughts, post updates, pics and videos.
What is Putin’s ultimate goal? Certainly this is the million dollar question.

I opine…

To understand what Putin’s ultimate goal is one must consider the unholy alliance between Russia, China and Iran.

The above mentioned unfriendly nations engage in joint training exercises. China funded the 2014 invasion of Ukraine as well as the 2022 invasion. And they also funded other border aggression. China is insulating Russia from sanctions, but what is in it for them?

China has verbalized their stance on Taiwan they continue aggression on India’s border and in the South China Sea.

Millions of pieces of propaganda are deployed against citizens of the United States. Active measures are abundant and well documented by the Department of State.

So, I’m stating the obvious…Well, I am, because it’s real and the threat is palpable.

The foreign intelligence agencies of the hostile nations listed above would LOVE to see the U.S. in turmoil leading up to a civil war.

Internal struggle was cause for Russia to bow out of WWI…What would happen to America’s readiness if the shit hits the revolving oscillator in the homeland? At the very least we would protect Europe with one arm behind our back.

I could go on, but I’ll stop here and say that Putin’s ultimate goal is the same as China’s and Iran, to degrade the U.S.A. and become the new power brokers of the world, taking land, air, sea and space.it just so happens that Putin is now doing his part, out in the open.

I opine…

To understand what Putin’s ultimate goal is one must consider the unholy alliance between Russia, China and Iran.

The above mentioned unfriendly nations engage in joint training exercises. China funded the 2014 invasion of Ukraine as well as the 2022 invasion. And they also funded other border aggression. China is insulating Russia from sanctions, but what is in it for them?

China has verbalized their stance on Taiwan they continue aggression on India’s border and in the South China Sea.

Millions of pieces of propaganda are deployed against citizens of the United States. Active measures are abundant and well documented by the Department of State.

So, I’m stating the obvious…Well, I am, because it’s real and the threat is palpable.

The foreign intelligence agencies of the hostile nations listed above would LOVE to see the U.S. in turmoil leading up to a civil war.

Internal struggle was cause for Russia to bow out of WWI…What would happen to America’s readiness if the shit hits the revolving oscillator in the homeland? At the very least we would protect Europe with one arm behind our back.

I could go on, but I’ll stop here and say that Putin’s ultimate goal is the same as China’s and Iran, to degrade the U.S.A. and become the new power brokers of the world, taking land, air, sea and space.it just so happens that Putin is now doing his part, out in the open.

Does anything you’ve seen give you th impression Russia are leaders in land, sea, air or space?

I opine…

"Liked" because I appreciate you emphasizing the soft strategies deployed by those regimes to secure their shared goal.

What is your analysis on how Russia's invasion trajectory has affected its progress toward that ultimate goal, and if you feel it has hurt it what other activities, in lieu of invasion, that weren't already in play should Russia have deployed to optimize its progress toward that goal? What wasn't done with active elements in play that should have been done to further progress to that goal? Were there other solid reasons (time sensitivity, etc.) for Putin to conduct such an open-faced attack with less than solid intelligence on Ukraine's capabilities and Russians own willingness to participate in a land invasion?

This started as a response question to @MikeDelta but I'd enjoy hearing everyone's input. Note: Agreement with the premise (Putin's ultimate goal) isn't necessary to entertain what Putin could have done to maximize headway toward its success.

"Liked" because I appreciate you emphasizing the soft strategies deployed by those regimes to secure their shared goal.

What is your analysis on how Russia's invasion trajectory has affected its progress toward that ultimate goal, and if you feel it has hurt it what other activities, in lieu of invasion, that weren't already in play should Russia have deployed to optimize its progress toward that goal? What wasn't done with active elements in play that should have been done to further progress to that goal? Were there other solid reasons (time sensitivity, etc.) for Putin to conduct such an open-faced attack with less than solid intelligence on Ukraine's capabilities and Russians own willingness to participate in a land invasion?

This started as a response question to @MikeDelta but I'd enjoy hearing everyone's input. Note: Agreement with the premise (Putin's ultimate goal) isn't necessary to entertain what Putin could have done to maximize headway toward its success.

I hypothesize based on what I know about Russian sociocultural aspects that impact how they lead, feedback from colleagues on the ground in Ukraine and observing the invasion thus far is…Well, the Russians have tripped out of the gate. They didn’t have a will to fight because leadership failed to deliver orders on a clear objective, among other blunders. Secondly they have failures on the strategic,tactical and logistical levels. Like Gen. Omar Bradley said (paraphrasing) “amateurs talk tactics, professionals talk logistics.” However, the Russians fail to meet many of the most basic standards. And their soldiers lack discipline and training. So, to answer your questions broadly I feel that IF there is a timeline Russia’s military failures have delayed it and they have lost the initiative. And simultaneously NATO is ramping up support. As far as what Russians could have done to be more combat effective…Well, they would have to rearrange their society so that more people take pride in their service and country, followed by solid training. There is no foundation to build on with a broken ideology. The leadership of their officers hasn’t changed much in 60+ years, they bully their men, instead of leading from the front and by example.
I hypothesize based on what I know about Russian sociocultural aspects that impact how they lead, feedback from colleagues on the ground in Ukraine and observing the invasion thus far is…Well, the Russians have tripped out of the gate. They didn’t have a will to fight because leadership failed to deliver orders on a clear objective, among other blunders. Secondly they have failures on the strategic,tactical and logistical levels. Like Gen. Omar Bradley said (paraphrasing) “amateurs talk tactics, professionals talk logistics.” However, the Russians fail to meet many of the most basic standards. And their soldiers lack discipline and training. So, to answer your questions broadly I feel that IF there is a timeline Russia’s military failures have delayed it and they have lost the initiative. And simultaneously NATO is ramping up support. As far as what Russians could have done to be more combat effective…Well, they would have to rearrange their society so that more people take pride in their service and country, followed by solid training. There is no foundation to build on with a broken ideology. The leadership of their officers hasn’t changed much in 60+ years, they bully their men, instead of leading from the front and by example.

So, with all that you get a lot of dead Russian’s and with undisciplined scared soldiers you get a lot of dead Ukrainian civilians.

This would be a great convo. A bitch to write, but a topic of interest for sure.

What’s your take? I’ll answer your questions specifically sometime this week, when I’m not in bed and using a phone keyboard

Last edited:
Kissenger is a legit commentator even if you disagree with what he says and you're surprised he's both still alive and younger than you thought he'd be.

Kissenger is a legit commentator even if you disagree with what he says and you're surprised he's both still alive and younger than you thought he'd be.

Kissinger is riding high on his memoirs. He has been stuck in cold war/Soviet-era policy. But I admit a broken clock is right twice a day, so even can be right every now and then.

Back