United States & Gun Control discussion.

There was an M15 rifle for a while, a variant of the M14 with a heavier barrel, that was designed to replace the BAR. But modifying the M14 for full auto or semi did the job anyway so the M15 was scrapped.

What is the history of the AR 15?
Did the AR 15 come first or did the M16? I think the AR came first.

I know the answer but I'm not going to tell you. :p

.223 and .22 are the same thing. Duh. Just like all 7.62 rounds are the same. Whatever comes after the "x" is meaningless.

Has anyone seen this group, "Hunters Against the NRA"? https://www.facebook.com/HuntersAgainstNRA/

These cats are koo koo for cocoa puffs....they have a video detailing a plan for "census workers" "scouring" homes looking for and counting guns, plan to have it implemented in two years, then says their "lawyer" says you cannot share the video with any pro-gun or pro-NRA site or people.

My legal disclaimer: I am not sharing the video. I am advertising their site.

There is significant group of people who believe guns are for hunting and sport only, and this crowd will side with left on "assault rifles" and other semi- autos. They seperate themselves from the tactical, self-defense, prepper crowd.

There is significant group of people who believe guns are for hunting and sport only, and this crowd will side with left on "assault rifles" and other semi- autos. They seperate themselves from the tactical, self-defense, prepper crowd.

And that whole thought process is utterly nonsensical to me.

An analogy to me is the 13th amendment, regarding slavery. It's like saying it only applies to black people; people of other skin color can be enslaved.

Ran into a few, mostly upper-crust sporting clay crowd, non-mil rich cats with fancy Benelli shotguns.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen this group, "Hunters Against the NRA"? https://www.facebook.com/HuntersAgainstNRA/

These cats are koo koo for cocoa puffs....they have a video detailing a plan for "census workers" "scouring" homes looking for and counting guns, plan to have it implemented in two years, then says their "lawyer" says you cannot share the video with any pro-gun or pro-NRA site or people.

My legal disclaimer: I am not sharing the video. I am advertising their site.
It's being shared all over the place.

I don't understand this part:

California law states that every weapon must have a unique serial number. So as of July 1, if a person is making their weapon out of parts rather than purchasing a new gun, they must apply to the California Justice Department for a “serial number or other mark.”

Unless I'm milling out my own 80% lower, wouldn't this be completely meaningless? I'm OK with requiring everyone's gun to have a serial # on it. Even if I'm putting a gun together out of parts, the receiver will have a serial # on it already in most cases.

Back