US Army SOF Photos

Any info about this pic? Maybe a Special Reconnaissance mision? Anyone have any info or pics about this tipe of misions actually?

Stop asking for "inside" information on this site. No one is going to share privileged, technical, special, or "secret" information with you. If I see it again, or hear from another member that you're contacting them with questions related to their military service, you're out of here.

A U.S. special operations forces team member shines a light on a suspicious area during a clearing operation in Kishim district, Babakashan province, Afghanistan, Sept. 13, 2011. With the support of special operations forces, Afghan National Army commandos clear a village to disrupt insurgent activity.
U.S. special operations forces tactically approach a compound during a clearing operation in Kishim district, Babakashan province, Afghanistan, Sept. 13, 2011. With the support of special operations forces, Afghan National Army commandos clear a village to disrupt insurgent activity.

A U.S. special operations forces team leader directs a maneuvering element while searching for enemy positions during a clearing operation in Kishim district, Babakashan province, Afghanistan, Sept. 13, 2011. With the support of special operations forces, Afghan National Army commandos clear a village to disrupt insurgent activity.

A U.S. special operations forces team member watches for enemy movement during a clearing operation in Kishim district, Babakashan province, Afghanistan, Sept. 13, 2011. With the support of special operations forces, Afghan National Army commandos clear a village to disrupt insurgent activity.

U.S. special operations forces team members pull overwatch during a clearing operation in Kishim district, Babakashan province, Afghanistan, Sept. 13, 2011. With the support of special operations forces, Afghan National Army commandos clear a village to disrupt insurgent activity

458102.jpg

U.S. special operations forces team members pull overwatch during a clearing operation in Kishim district, Babakashan province, Afghanistan, Sept. 13, 2011. With the support of special operations forces, Afghan National Army commandos clear a village to disrupt insurgent activity

Download HiRes
U.S. special operations forces team members pursue an insurgent through a ravine during a clearing operation in Kishim district, Babakashan province, Afghanistan, Sept. 13, 2011. With the support of special operations forces, Afghan National Army commandos clear a village to disrupt insurgent activity.

A U.S. special operations forces team member climbs up a goat path during a clearing operation in Kishim district, Babakashan province, Afghanistan, Sept. 13, 2011. With the support of special operations forces, Afghan National Army commandos clear a village to disrupt insurgent activity.

A UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter lands to pick up U.S. special operations forces at the end of a clearing operation Kishim district, Babakashan province, Afghanistan, Sept. 13, 2011. With the support of special operations forces, Afghan National Army commandos clear a village to disrupt insurgent activity.

zsv24p.jpg
Romanian and Croatian special operations forces conduct fast rope familiarization training with Soldiers from the Army's 10th Special Forces Group on a Chinook helicopter from the Army's 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment in Romania Sept. 15, 2011. Jackal Stone is an annual multinational special operations exercise designed to promote cooperation and interoperability between participating forces, build functional capacity and enhance
readiness. This year nine nations are participating in various locations in Bulgaria, Romania and Ukraine. (160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment Photo approved for public release by SOCEUR PAO, MSG Donald Sparks)

Quick question, SFers are doing VBSS ?​

Just out of curiosity, any equipment failures with the nods while freefalling? Heh....the old rhinos would fail I bet.

I've only jumped the 15's with the wilcox mount. I know of guys who jumped the 14's and 6's with the wilcox. I myself had two issues with it and that was me messing up on my modified pull sequence.

Yes,
I've been to one of those countries mentioned and I know that an sister ODA did do VBSS while we did MFF.
That is a pretty cool mission. I have heard the older 7th group dive bubbas talking about roping onto submarines. Other than that I haven't heard of too much VBSS type stuff. Good info.

Back