Watches

@Topkick

No shit, I still have my first GShock from my time in the Corps (1993). It's pretty beat up, but it's nailed to a wall in my garage. Sits out there thru winter after winter, summer after summer...keeps working with an occasional battery change.

I have 6 assorted watches that I rotate thru, usually depending on what I am wearing that day. My everyday is a Citizen eco-drive diver, the Suunto when I'm working out, and the Apple watch goes on as soon as I get home for the day. Nice to be able to put the phone on the desk and answer the phone, texts, etc from my watch.

My Grail watch is a Rolex Explorer.
Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 8.32.26 PM.png

Out of curiosity, have you tried a different jeweler? I too have a Swiss Army, (Victorianox) and have never had to have it sent in for battery change and cleaning.
I am told this watch back has to be removed at a facility that has some sort of special equipment so the water proof seal isn't disrupted. My former boss gave me the watch and the lifetime warranty, he went to Jared lol. One time when it was off on it's vacation to Switzerland, I bought my Citizen for 129 bucks just to have a timepiece. I love that cheap Citizen. I beat the crap out of it, but it looks ok and never fails.

I am told this watch back has to be removed at a facility that has some sort of special equipment so the water proof seal isn't disrupted. My former boss gave me the watch and the lifetime warranty, he went to Jared lol. One time when it was off on it's vacation to Switzerland, I bought my Citizen for 129 bucks just to have a timepiece. I love that cheap Citizen. I beat the crap out of it, but it looks ok and never fails.
A Citizen is a good watch. With watches,
i don't think price is a sign of quality. Casio, Seiko, Citizen, and even Timex provide affordable quality. IMO, the high dollar watches are great quality, but mostly serve as eye candy.

Is this the watch thread? O_o

The reason I ask is that I ran into this Stainless Aqua
while surfing the net. Anyone heard of this or have one? (Not the ladies sea pearl for you guys unless you are into that sort of thing, but I dont judge)
I would volunteer to "field test" the Ladies Sea Pearl in Aqua for the maker just in case he is a member here. ;-)
This is from the "about us" on the web page.
Interesting. I try to stay apprised of American Watch Brands. I have a Martenero, Automatic from NY. I also have a Shinola...they came out with the Erie Lake Monster...wish I could have justified that price.

My dream watch is a Breitling USVI edition that they sell in the store on St Thomas.

My dream watch is also a Breitling. The Emergency.
Breitling Emergency E7632522/BC02/159E Titanium Watch | World's Best

What is the one you are talking about? I Googled but did not find much.

It's not for sale on the website, special edition for their St Thomas Store. The dial is a baby blue with all three US Virgin Islands on it. It cost 5Gs there, which was -20% MSRP and duty free. Hopefully they're still selling them when I go back because that's the main reason I'll be going haha. I did google it and couldn't find any information on it.

Rado and Rolex also have stores on St Thomas. Rado having the craziest of the markdowns though.

Last edited:
My daily wear is an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean, my weekend watch is a Christopher Ward C60 GMT, and my deployment watch is a Tag Heuer Aquaracer (quartz). The Tag may seem like a weird choice, it is! But it was my first watch as a SF guy, and it has become a bit of a tradition to wear it downrange. It will be an heirloom I pass to my son someday, lots of stories in its dings, plus its accurate, and durable.

I also have an Apple watch, but it has yet to make it into the routine. Though it does have some cool features.

My grail is a Rolex GMT II, either black bezel, or black and blue bezel.

My daily wear is an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean, my weekend watch is a Christopher Ward C60 GMT, and my deployment watch is a Tag Heuer Aquaracer (quartz). The Tag may seem like a weird choice, it is! But it was my first watch as a SF guy, and it has become a bit of a tradition to wear it downrange. It will be an heirloom I pass to my son someday, lots of stories in its dings, plus its accurate, and durable.

I also have an Apple watch, but it has yet to make it into the routine. Though it does have some cool features.

My grail is a Rolex GMT II, either black bezel, or black and blue bezel.
You hit my top 4!
Omega
Tag
Apple
Rolex

If you are willing, would love to see a pic of the Tag!

Wonderful! Thank you, Chief.

The Tag is absolutely gorgeous, the stories it could tell!

I’ve never seen the Chris Ward with the Trident 2nd hand...very very cool.

Thanks again for sharing the pics.

I made the switch to the Gen 3 watch. LOVE IT!!!!

Much faster response time and “Hey Siri” seems to work better.

- Update -

"Hey Siri" is SO much better on this watch.

My first generation had to be charged every night. Today I put the watch on the charger at 25%...after not charging it since Monday morning!

It gets quite a bit of use; so if I can consistently get 2+ days out of one charge that will be very nice if I don't have to take the charger with me if I go away for a weekend.

My Fenix is good for 8-10 days.

Agreed. My Suunto will go on for about the same. That said, two very different purposes. My Apples Watch is a great every-day work watch. The Suunto is for extended bike rides and overnight camping/hiking trips. Not anything I'd use the Apple Watch for.

It adds to the bioengineered human of today; glasses, hearing aids, pacemakers, (incoming from a certain person in the NW to follow), 😎where does the data go? Is it stored for what purpose? There’s a privacy debate elsewhere here & for mine, my watch goes tick, tick, tick.

Back