Your 2024 relieved Naval Commander Thread

The haircut in her official photo says everything to me.
…sigh…

I long gave up this battle, but for the sake of saying it again…

On a site filled with serious people, when you openly determine someone’s ability to lead based solely on comments about their appearance, you do not present yourself as a serious person.

“In 2023, the Navy relieved a total of 16 commanding officers of command: 14 were fired “due to a loss of confidence””

It seems to me that there’s a selection and training issue if you have to fire that many senior leaders in a single year.

At what point are the Admirals held responsible for the performance of their sailors? I wont hold my breath considering only one went to jail over Fat Lenard.

“In 2023, the Navy relieved a total of 16 commanding officers of command: 14 were fired “due to a loss of confidence””

It seems to me that there’s a selection and training issue if you have to fire that many senior leaders in a single year.

At what point are the Admirals held responsible for the performance of their sailors? I wont hold my breath considering only one went to jail over Fat Lenard.

In the paper I posed several posts back, this isn't new, and numbers that aren't terribly different than some other years. The kicker is, that paper is a bit dated, and used some dated info as references when it was written. So the navy has been dealing with this for, well, forever it seems.

In the paper I posed several posts back, this isn't new, and numbers that aren't terribly different than some other years. The kicker is, that paper is a bit dated, and used some dated info as references when it was written. So the navy has been dealing with this for, well, forever it seems.
Yes I’m tracking. The thought remains the same though.

Yes I’m tracking. The thought remains the same though.

Oh, no doubt. I only bring it up to say that thing about the definition of insanity.... The paper had some remedies and ways to mitigate the issue, and the navy likes to give lip service to it, but nothing changes.

Back