Army to Recommend MultiCam for Entire Force

I don't have a clue boss! I think the bulk of the "force" ios wondering why we just didn't use multicam or something similiar from the get go!

Roger.

Some might even wonder why we got away from DCUs and woodland pattern in the first place.

I don't have anything against multicam. I just hate the attitude that a uniform meant for the field needs to have the ability to also look good in a garrison environment. It just doesn't make sense.

The whole purpose of a utility/field uniform is not to look pretty or traditional, it is to conceal the soldier and enable him to effectively engage the enemy in combat situations.

Combat effectiveness comes a distant second to looking good in garrison and you know it. So knock off the rabble-rousing.

^That looks damn sharp. Whats the significance of the tomahawk other then looking bad ass?

I have a general rule of thumb (I don't work for the State Department), one I've never had to practice yet I've developed it for just such a scenario:

If I see a guy wearing a tomahawk, I'm not going to ask WHY he is wearing the tomahawk lest I become one of his reasons.

Arguably one of the more damning paragraphs from Spider's link:

Marines still wear the Marine Corps Combat Utility Uniform the service started fielding in June 2002. The Corps spent $319,000 to develop the MCCCU uniform -- significantly less than the Army and Air Force, which spent $3.2 million on the ACU and $3.1 million on the ABU respectively.

Three cheers for PEO Soldier and all involved!

Hip Hip!

(crickets)

Hip Hip!

(crickets)

Well...at least I have chicken.

^That looks damn sharp. Whats the significance of the tomahawk other then looking bad ass?
Major Rogers' Standing Orders:
1) All Rangers are to be subject to the rules and articles of war; to appear at roll-call every evening, on their own parade, equipped, each with a Firelock, sixty rounds of powder and ball, and a hatchet, at which time an officer from each company is to inspect the same, to see they are in order, so as to be ready on any emergency to march at a minute's warning; and before they are dismissed, the necessary guards are to be draughted, and scouts for the next day appointed.

Not the answer but history is your friend.

Someone please explain to me why each regional command doesnt have the authority to issue whatever combination of uniforms will fit its METTTC dependent needs? Other than the fact that it breaths like bubble wrap in the southern heat and turns yellow like a malaria patient after 6 months ACUs have my vote for general purpose uniform. No sense in wasting more money.

Back