Canadian SOF image compilation.

1e0sx3.jpg

A Canadian special forces soldier (L) stands by to take part in the assault teams event of the 9th edition of the commando forces competition at the military base of Tolemaida, Colombia on June 9, 2012. Elite troops from 21 American countries take part in the competition.

Tattoos, tattoos and more tattoos... I could have swore I've seen those tats in other photos.. :-"
CSOR gets to have all the fun!

On that topic: Im sure this question has been answered before but I havent seen it. Whats the deal with the cut-out helmets? I mean, Peltors seems to fit just fine under MICH/ACH helmets, and even the LWH, so why cut out a portion covering the ear? Is there some tactical advantage to it?
Those are Opscorp (not sure of the spelling) helmets. They are the cat's meow. The cutout works nicely with Bose headsets and will never touch your Peltors no matter how you turn your head or shoulder your weapon- it is a bit more comfortable. They also have a much better/comfortable suspension system. There are also a few ACHs in the pictures with the Opscorp rails mounted on them, they are the ones with the full ears.

Those are Opscorp (not sure of the spelling) helmets. They are the cat's meow. The cutout works nicely with Bose headsets and will never touch your Peltors no matter how you turn your head or shoulder your weapon- it is a bit more comfortable. They also have a much better/comfortable suspension system. There are also a few ACHs in the pictures with the Opscorp rails mounted on them, they are the ones with the full ears.

http://www.ops-core.com/FAST_Ballistic_Helmet_P7C6.cfm

The Occ-Dial system (similar to bike helmet systems) is great, but for some it limits movement of the head making firing from prone uncomfortable. Other than that cat's meow indeed...

EDIT to add: For me personally peltors touch ear portions of ACH/TC-2000, and when used with eye pro, even oakley 2.0, it causes uncomfortable feeling during longer periods of wear (Medium ACH, fits perfectly without ear pro, but i have wide head or something :/). No such issue with ops-core. Yes, the protected area is smaller (Same amount of head coverage / size as MICH 2002 "Gun-Fighter" model cut) but for me the comfort/protection ratio is in ops-core favour.

6768496bin.jpg

"pehota" written on his neck = infantry in Russian

If i had cyrillic tattoos going into MEPS that had mafia written somewhere. With my Bulgarian birth I would have never stepped foot in basic.

Back