Canadian SOF image compilation.

23j21s1.jpg

c3b7e16f.jpg

Special operations members of the Canadian Forces rappel onto a vessel during Operation Nanook on the Hudson Bay near Churchill, Manitoba August 24, 2012.

c850006d.jpg

Special operations members of the Canadian Forces rappel from a helicopter during Operation Nanook on the Hudson Bay near Churchill, Manitoba August 24, 2012.

75028d08.jpg

Special operations members of the Canadian Forces take part in Operation Nanook on the Hudson Bay near Churchill, Manitoba August 24, 2012.

daaac781.jpg

A special operations member of the Canadian Forces takes part in Operation Nanook on the Hudson Bay near Churchill, Manitoba August 24, 2012.

03ae5639.jpg

Special operations members of the Canadian Forces take part in Operation Nanook on the Hudson Bay near Churchill, Manitoba August 24, 2012.

71c39c87.jpg

A special operations member of the Canadian Forces takes part in Operation Nanook on the Hudson Bay near Churchill, Manitoba August 24, 2012.

cda052a7.jpg

Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper (2nd R) and Defence Minister Peter MacKay (C) talk with a special operations member of the Canadian Forces during Operation Nanook on the Hudson Bay near Churchill, Manitoba August 24, 2012.

7b9e4494.jpg

Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper watches as special operations members of the Canadian Forces take part in Operation Nanook on the Hudson Bay near Churchill, Manitoba August 24, 2012.

9f3719d5.jpg

Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper (R) and Defence Minister Peter MacKay pose with special operations members from the Canadian Forces following Operation Nanook on the Hudson Bay near Churchill, Manitoba August 24, 2012. Harper is on the final day of his annual tour of northern Canada.

Awesome pictures guys. I saw the news on CBC couple nights ago (Video). I doubt we'll be seeing JTF2 in the public eye again anytime soon. Harper flexing his muscles. :p

Looks like CSOR to me.

What makes you to think that? JTF2 doesn't use uniforms in cammo during black tactic training? Or smth else? I'm not trying to defend the theory that it's "OMG JTF2!!!!!", I just like to know If you are really able to recognize who they are by this photo? In PL it's quite easy, one unit use HK G36, other units use HK416, one unit wear TC3002 helmets, other units Ops Core etc., so it's not that hard to recognize what unit are we talking about.

What makes you to think that? JTF2 doesn't use uniforms in cammo during black tactic training? Or smth else? I'm not trying to defend the theory that it's "OMG JTF2!!!!!", I just like to know If you are really able to recognize who they are by this photo? In PL it's quite easy, one unit use HK G36, other units use HK416, one unit wear TC3002 helmets, other units Ops Core etc., so it's not that hard to recognize what unit are we talking about.

No body has the magical ability to tell what unit is what by just looking at a picture - even by looking at uniforms and weapons because units aren't restricted to just one type of firearms or uniforms. Also quite honestly, who cares? It's a SOF unit. That's more than enough for any of us to know.

No body has the magical ability to tell what unit is what by just looking at a picture - even by looking at uniforms and weapons because units aren't restricted to just one type of firearms or uniforms.

Well, If I will see a polish soldier with HK G36 I don't need magic skills to tell that he is from Formoza. There are always some differences between units even in one army(different main rifle, different helmets, body armour, communication equipment etc.), so sometimes it's not that hard to recognize unit. That's why I asked Spencer why he thinks it's CSOR, since I'm not really into Canadian forces, I was wondering how he was able to recognize they were CSOR.

Also quite honestly, who cares?

Me and Ravage ;-)

It's a SOF unit.

You said "nobody has magic ability to tell what unit is what by looking at a picture", so what makes you think they are SOF, and not regular infantry unit? Ok, ok, just kidding, I doubt regular infantry from Canukistan would train with GROM.

That's more than enough for any of us to know.

Damnit.

And seriously, it's not that I will not be able to sleep well Today, If I will not know who they were(except that they were Canadians). Thanks for your input.

What makes you think a "regular Infantry unit" wouldn't train with GROM? It could be any one, it could even be GROM in "borrowed" equipment. You guys are fucking crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was joking actually, hence the smiley. I don't care that much(see below), yes, I care a little, but only a little.

I mean I like looking at pics too but I don't need to know the guys sign and what he had for breakfast.

Mee too, and If you will come back to my original post on the previous page, you will see that I was only asking particular user about how he deducted that they are CSOR, nothing more. I didn't ask, If he know what they had for breakfast or If CSOR folks wear pink underwear. And as I wrote already, if I won't receive an answer, it will not ruin my day, and in case I will receive it, it will not make it the best day of my entire life. Hope it's clear.

Back