Covid-19

Do physical measures such as hand-washing or wearing masks stop or slow down the spread of respiratory viruses?

So, this morning, I had to get an upper GI/small bowel GI study via barium study. The hospital is associated with a large Philly hospital system.

I walk into main lobby, 2 slightly older volunteers are there, double masked, holding a box of masks and salad tongs. Dude grab tongs, retrieves mask to give to me, I take it but don't put muzzle on.

Behind them, 2 nurses are sitting at desk, masks around their chins.

Masked lady tells me I can go to radiology when I put my mask on. I tell her, when your fellow medical providers wear theirs.

Their response? They are not dealing with pts.

Hypocrisy at its finest I say.

Their response?

We are just following orders, sir

My response? Sure, lots of immoral characters were following orders. I walk away, no mask, to radiology. The entire time, 3 hours in radiology, no mask, drinking barium, multiple x-rays/flouroscopy, not one person bitched.

It's fucking immoral, it's programmed. And fuck them, I don't care if they are doing their jobs. 3 years later to slow the curve.

Attachments

• 50335.jpeg
    50335.jpeg
    309.8 KB · Views: 1
Do physical measures such as hand-washing or wearing masks stop or slow down the spread of respiratory viruses?

So, this morning, I had to get an upper GI/small bowel GI study via barium study. The hospital is associated with a large Philly hospital system.

I walk into main lobby, 2 slightly older volunteers are there, double masked, holding a box of masks and salad tongs. Dude grab tongs, retrieves mask to give to me, I take it but don't put muzzle on.

Behind them, 2 nurses are sitting at desk, masks around their chins.

Masked lady tells me I can go to radiology when I put my mask on. I tell her, when your fellow medical providers wear theirs.

Their response? They are not dealing with pts.

Hypocrisy at its finest I say.

Their response?

We are just following orders, sir

My response? Sure, lots of immoral characters were following orders. I walk away, no mask, to radiology. The entire time, 3 hours in radiology, no mask, drinking barium, multiple x-rays/flouroscopy, not one person bitched.

It's fucking immoral, it's programmed. And fuck them, I don't care if they are doing their jobs. 3 years later to slow the curve.

The article supports what I understand to be true, hand hygiene is important. It is more important with GI bugs, but also with respiratory.

Back