Covid-19

“Looking back, I still can't believe how unprofessional the news media was. So much spin, so few hard facts. All those digestible sound bites from an army of 'experts' all contradicting one another, all trying to seem more 'shocking' and 'in-depth' than the last one. It was all so confusing, nobody seemed to know what to do.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

Marine Corps is pausing separation for for all Marines that hit all the wickets in claiming religious exemption. It will continue separating those who did not hit all the wickets.

So there for context based on the article. 1100 Marines hit all the wickets based on some arbitrary timeline and there are some 2000+ more Marines that applied for the exemption but didn't hit every arbitrary benchmark. Then there are Marines not accounted for in this article that just told the Corps to pound sand.

COVID-19 dismissals suspended for Marines seeking religious exemptions

You would think the Corps would have a clue and after missing recruitment numbers every month since the end of Spring that maybe it should retain these Marines?🙄

Marine Corps is pausing separation for for all Marines that hit all the wickets in claiming religious exemption. It will continue separating those who did not hit all the wickets.

So there for context based on the article. 1100 Marines hit all the wickets based on some arbitrary timeline and there are some 2000+ more Marines that applied for the exemption but didn't hit every arbitrary benchmark. Then there are Marines not accounted for in this article that just told the Corps to pound sand.

COVID-19 dismissals suspended for Marines seeking religious exemptions

You would think the Corps would have a clue and after missing recruitment numbers every month since the end of Spring that maybe it should retain these Marines?🙄
Air Force received a mandate from a Federal Judge to halt separations over this COVID insanity. Probably gonna apply to all services.
Federal judge temporarily halts Air Force’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate

This has been bubbling on a lot of the definitely extremist Instagram accounts I follow... the sheer amount of information they've been able to collect, interpret and lay it all out in one or two threads is insane. The idealist in me thinks that this overwhelming pile of (many times) clear video evidence and black and white malfeasance will finally lead to some break in accountability, that the floodgates will open, and some people will actually get fired.

The cynic in me, though, has already moved past the inevitable disappointment.
YouDontSay.jpg

Great post, sarcasm directed at everyone who thought their cute lil ducky mask was making them a better person than those around them, not you.

Back