Dieting and Living....

I suppose you could call it real paleo. All the man eats is steak. A friend of mine has modified it a little bit with adding 200 grams of broccoli and a whey shake.

I've been zero carb and OMAD since jan 1. Have been primarily eating fattier grass fed ribeyes to maintain a 70/30 fat to protein ratio. I occasionally add a few strips of thick bacon and have been cooking the steak in the bacon fat.

Feeling pretty great. my weight is down to the lowest in 15 or so years, energy levels are good, and mental clarity is up. As long as I don't OMAD on days where I go to the gym at the tail end of fasting, I am still performing well in the gym.

Been cutting on a few supplements though because a lot of them will spike an insulin response and that's the easiest way to kick out of ketosis; especially BCAAs with its leucine.

I'm generally buying butcherbox with their 2x10oz packages.. 20oz puts me at a slight caloric restriction which is why I might add a few slices of bacon. Sometimes I will just pick something up at the grocery store if it's on sale for the 1.5lb+ cuts if I'm a little more hungry.

I am looking to source the meat locally through a butcher, and want to also add a bit of organ meat to the mix. Liver is the usual addition, but some will add heart or marrow too.

I initially approached this for reasons other than losing weight. I wanted to see if it would clear up my eczema and some of inflammation in the joints. I absolutely didn't expect it to be this good though. Absolutely has been exceeding my expectation. I was planning on cheat meals/days every so often, but decided to give it a full 8 weeks before introducing a few controlled carbs. I don't want to have too bad of an effect because of how I've changed my microbiome thus far.

Biggest problem with this way of eating is sustainability. Since I still go forward on my contract, most of us know how difficult it is to get good clean meat, so I will likely have to move back to doing keto(ish).

What was the transition period like from what I'm assuming was a normal 3meals/day or multiple smaller meals, to OMAD? Any noticeable differences from one to another or are you attributing that to Ketosis and/or fasting?

I was already doing a 16/8 fast somewhat consistently and never been a big fan of breakfast. Just learned to drink coffee. Trying now too transiting off coffee to a strict water fast

Back