Dieting and Living....

Ooh-Rah,

I track my beers every time. The problem with a lot of them is nutrition facts aren't widely available so sometimes you have to guess. In theory Alcohol is sort of straight carbohydrate, but not in practice when it comes to nutrient absorption. People that buy frappucino's are funny because they're like: FROZEN COFFEE, YUM. But it's really a milkshake with a little bit of coffee.

Because Alcohol has to hit the liver to be processed completely it's KCAL value is higher than regular carbohydrate.

Protein 1g-4KCal
Carboydrate 1g-4KCal
Fat 1g-4KCal
Alcohol 1g-7Kcal.

Last edited:
Ooh-Rah,

I track my beers every time. The problem with a lot of them is nutrition facts aren't widely available so sometimes you have to guess. In theory Alcohol is sort of straight carbohydrate, but not in practice when it comes to nutrient absorption. People that buy frappucino's are funny because they're like: FROZEN COFFEE, YUM. But it's really a milkshake with a little bit of coffee.

Because Alcohol has to hut the liver to be processed completely it's KCAL value is higher than regular carbohydrate.

Protein 1g-4KCal
Carboydrate 1g-4KCal
Fat 1g-4KCal
Alcohol 1g-7Kcal.

Thanks for this bit of info @ThunderHorse , now that I relate that to the past weekend it explains the number on the scale for me a bit better.

Reading through this again, I see a few of you, such as @lindy , have tried or are juicing at some level. I'm curious to see what kind of fresh pressed juices some of you are making. I'm looking for some new concoctions.

Over the past couple months I've been integrating juicing into my diet. I'm not all about juicing but I'm trying to eat healthier and use it as a was to supplement my daily intake. I started by visiting a local store and buying a fresh glass of juice every couple days. I found that I really liked the juice they made...like, even if I wasn't trying to be healthier, I'd drink it. I've since purchased a juicer and make my own.

My favorite juice "recipe" is:
3 large carrots
2 full apples (medium size; 1 green - granny smith, 1 red - gala or similar)
1/2 lemon (medium size)
3 large strawberries

This makes about a 12 oz glass of pure awesomeness.

I'd like to mix it up a bit and try some other recipes. The store I originally went to also has an apple, cucumber, celery, and kale juice that was tasty but I can't quite seem to get the mix correct.

Anyone else have a favorite juice they would recommend?

Reading through this again, I see a few of you, such as @lindy , have tried or are juicing at some level. I'm curious to see what kind of fresh pressed juices some of you are making. I'm looking for some new concoctions.

Over the past couple months I've been integrating juicing into my diet. I'm not all about juicing but I'm trying to eat healthier and use it as a was to supplement my daily intake. I started by visiting a local store and buying a fresh glass of juice every couple days. I found that I really liked the juice they made...like, even if I wasn't trying to be healthier, I'd drink it. I've since purchased a juicer and make my own.

My favorite juice "recipe" is:
3 large carrots
2 full apples (medium size; 1 green - granny smith, 1 red - gala or similar)
1/2 lemon (medium size)
3 large strawberries

This makes about a 12 oz glass of pure awesomeness.

I'd like to mix it up a bit and try some other recipes. The store I originally went to also has an apple, cucumber, celery, and kale juice that was tasty but I can't quite seem to get the mix correct.

Anyone else have a favorite juice they would recommend?

Your recipe looks tasty;-) but would have a lot of sugar in it. I try to use more veggies than fruit, but certainly some fruit is necessary for taste. I have found that you can add spinach leaves to just about any mix and it the provides the green and adds to the tastes, but I really like spinach....so there is that. I know Kale is healthy, I just don't like the taste as much.

Last edited:
Your recipe looks tasty;-) but would have a lot of sugar in it.
Agreed and this is a concern of mine.

I don't consider myself on a diet or anything but just trying to eat better; mostly cutting portion sizes, fewer carbs, and less sugar. Cold pressed fruit juices can contain a high amount of sugar.

At this point I only do one glass every other day or two. However, if I can come up with a good tasting mix to increase my vegetable intake, that would be good.

Agreed and this is a concern of mine.

I don't consider myself on a diet or anything but just trying to eat better; mostly cutting portion sizes, fewer carbs, and less sugar. Cold pressed fruit juices can contain a high amount of sugar.

At this point I only do one glass every other day or two. However, if I can come up with a good tasting mix to increase my vegetable intake, that would be good.

Cut the sugar and you cut the carbs, and without too much effect on the taste. But, because I am not too worried about sugar I always put a lot of strawberry in the mix to make it taste less like a styrofoam samich:thumbsup:

At the gym Cafe' listening to a personal trainer trying to sell supplements to his new client:

"Brand X is good, it has 2 grams of fiber per scoop, but our Lifetime Fitness brand has 8 grams per scoop. That more grams than your brand which makes it much better for you "

LOL - that's really what he said.

At the gym Cafe' listening to a personal trainer trying to sell supplements to his new client:

"Brand X is good, it has 2 grams of fiber per scoop, but our Lifetime Fitness brand has 8 grams per scoop. That more grams than your brand which makes it much better for you "

LOL - that's really what he said.

The personal training industry is such a crock of shit. I know there are good ones out there, but to have the ability to sift through the bullshit and find one means you have to be enough of a SME that you probably don't need a trainer anyways.

If your coach doesn't have CSCS I tend to walk away...what's worse is all of the instahoes without certifications starting their own certification programs. People are sheep.

Sooooo where is everyone at? :D

I am working with a PTer once a week and we are also looking at my diet/eating. Making small micro changes. I want to be 170lbs.

Did you decide to do the LTF Tri?

September was LifeTime Tempe, did not do the Lifetime Indoor Tri, just ended up not working out because we moved out of our apartment to a house that weekend. We're doing LifeTime New York City Tri because she qualified for Championships and it was open registration (normally a lottery) so I registered as well. We'll do LifeTime Tempe again with the intentions of it being in the training Cycle for IMAZ Half or Palm Springs Half.

Tip: SOFLETE has launched a nutrition programme, available on their app. Subscribed to it, and a lot of tasty recipies indeed. Some cool features, such as customizing intake according to your body type and goal (cutting, maintaining, bulking, hulk bulking etc.).

Tip: SOFLETE has launched a nutrition programme, available on their app. Subscribed to it, and a lot of tasty recipies indeed. Some cool features, such as customizing intake according to your body type and goal (cutting, maintaining, bulking, hulk bulking etc.).

Do they have Swedish Meatballs in Norway? Or do they call them Norwegian Meatballs?

Back