Election Day and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pins are being worn as an expression of support for those who feel Trump’s election has made them vulnerable.

Craft stores struggle to keep safety pins in stock after they become social activism symbol

88FE4BFF-85E5-4543-B2C1-D4AC724FDCC8_zpseyztwouc.jpeg

Looks like there is already some good from the election!

Moore has met with Conway and tried to meet Trump. Van Jones sat down with Trump supporters to talk WITH them.

The messy truth about the gulf between Trump and Clinton voters - CNN.com

One thing that has always been odd to me, is how and why did Van Jones ever become important? I remember the whole controversy during Obama's first term, and I thought he disappeared after that. But now I keep seeing him on the news again.

The pins are being worn as an expression of support for those who feel Trump’s election has made them vulnerable.

Craft stores struggle to keep safety pins in stock after they become social activism symbol

88FE4BFF-85E5-4543-B2C1-D4AC724FDCC8_zpseyztwouc.jpeg

Well that's cute, "I'm feeling vulnerable so I wear this safety pin". Some of this stuff really couldn't get much more bizarre than it has. Once I finally get out of the city again, I ain't never coming back. I'm going to go buy my peice of a mountain, build my shack and shoot the double middle fingers off.

I love that song. But they just couldn't stay away from the politics, could they? "I'm not giving up, neither should you."
I was PUMPED until she closed. I had no idea McKinnon could even sing, let alone play the piano. Would have been better left unsaid.

Harry Reid's comments are disgraceful, unprofessional, and needlessly inflammatory. I appreciate that another Democratic senator came out publicly against him. This is not the time for other elected officials to fuel the fires. There is enough wrong behavior being perpetrated by both sides right now. Fear-mongering and accusing everyone who voted for PE Trump of being a white nationalist is not going to help the issue. Senator Reid had a chance to take the high road, and he showed his true colors.

Trying to decide how I feel about this. I see her point, and it's a good one, but it also gives Trump an "out" when he cannot deport everyone he wants to.

Going to be a pretty interesting 2017 boys and girls...

I believe NY City has already put out a similar edict.

To add - I had not ever heard of "sanctuary cities" and did not know my fair city of Minneapolis was one until I read this.

Minneapolis mayor issues warning to Trump on illegal immigrants

Last edited:
Trying to decide how I feel about this. I see her point, and it's a good one, but it also gives Trump an "out" when he cannot deport everyone he wants to.

To add - I had not ever heard of "safe cities" and did not know my fair city of Minneapolis was one until I read this.

Baltimore is also a sanctuary city. I don't understand why anyone would be against his deportation plan as noted below, which is from Trump vice the spin machine.

“What we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, where a lot of these people, probably two million, it could be even three million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate,” Trump said in an interview with CBS’ “60 Minutes.” “But we’re getting them out of our country, they’re here illegally.”

He continued by saying that after the border is “secure,” immigration officials will begin to make a “determination” about the remaining undocumented immigrants in the U.S.

After the border is secure and after everything gets normalized, we’re going to make a determination on the people that they’re talking about who are terrific people, they’re terrific people but we are gonna make a determination at that,” he said. “But before we make that determination...it’s very important, we are going to secure our border.

President-elect Trump says how many immigrants he’ll deport

Harry Reid's comments are disgraceful, unprofessional, and needlessly inflammatory. I appreciate that another Democratic senator came out publicly against him. This is not the time for other elected officials to fuel the fires. There is enough wrong behavior being perpetrated by both sides right now. Fear-mongering and accusing everyone who voted for PE Trump of being a white nationalist is not going to help the issue. Senator Reid had a chance to take the high road, and he showed his true colors.

There's a lot of well paid people who are supposed to be showing leadership at this time, acting like spoiled children.

It's insane.

To add - I had not ever heard of "sanctuary cities" and did not know my fair city of Minneapolis was one until I read this.

She can go to jail.

Media is rigged.

So, "main stream media" has blown another election. How does this play out for them? Tough to recover.

Someone (I forgot who) recently asked the question: "What exactly is the main stream media?" or words to that effect.

Well, anyone with who followed this caravan of talking heads and cheerleaders for HRC, along with those who did their utmost to demonize Trump during this election, whether satire or not, who watched it play out, over and over and over, time and time again, almost 24 hrs a day.

In a nutshell, better than I could ever hope to put it into words, the following puts it into perspective and frames it perfectly.

Last edited:
The President-Elect is on 60 Minutes and is worth watching. I was pretty annoyed at Stahl for her interview style, something that previous Presidents never encountered...perhaps Nixon...but other than that, it was pretty informative.

Especially his claim that he will only collect $1 per year salary because he believes some type of monetary compensation is required by law.

Reid's only purpose at this point is to keep himself in the news. I've personally witnessed him breaking federal law in his former office inside the capital building. He is as low of a person as I ever hope to meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back