Military Misconduct

Obviously no sense among these S/NCOs that they're actually engaged in a military/defense role. It's like they're working for the post office, or the DMV, just fucking around, sucking that government tit.

Therein lies is the real problem - "we the people" have created and cultivated a society that ENCOURAGES people to treat their military service as though they are just doing eye exams for the DMV.

What do you mean I can't play "Pokemon-GO" while I am on shift?

Why can't the Army pay off the student loan debt for my "Advanced Ancient Egyptian Women's Studies" degree?

I'll enlist, but only if the Navy will cover the cost of my transition.

We have too many white guys flying fighter jets in the Air Force!

You can't run the nations defense department like you have spent the last 45 minutes sniffing spray paint from a plastic bag and then wonder why shit is going off the rails...

I get that people want to join the military to learn a life skill then get an MOS that supports that like admin, finance, supply, whatever. But living the 8-4 M-F life in the military does not absolve you from the fact that you are still, in fact, in the military, and the military's job is to kill people and break shit in the name of foreign and national security policy.

Therein lies is the real problem - "we the people" have created and cultivated a society that ENCOURAGES people to treat their military service as though they are just doing eye exams for the DMV.

What do you mean I can't play "Pokemon-GO" while I am on shift?

Why can't the Army pay off the student loan debt for my "Advanced Ancient Egyptian Women's Studies" degree?

I'll enlist, but only if the Navy will cover the cost of my transition.

We have too many white guys flying fighter jets in the Air Force!

You can't run the nations defense department like you have spent the last 45 minutes sniffing spray paint from a plastic bag and then wonder why shit is going off the rails...
I've often stated elsewhere that the US mil, any mil regardless, isn't a social experiment to do social engineering goals for social justice with. You get them killed because you wanted DEI that trains to feelings and trains to time and not the actual standard where not passing is a boot in the ass then really bad things are going to happen. These are people that do not get a respawn.

I get that people want to join the military to learn a life skill then get an MOS that supports that like admin, finance, supply, whatever. But living the 8-4 M-F life in the military does not absolve you from the fact that you are still, in fact, in the military, and the military's job is to kill people and break shit in the name of foreign and national security policy.
That's a leadership issue. Get rid of the herbivores and and start rewarding those that eat meat instead so that those choosing to be a herbivore get motivated to be a meat eater too wanting those same rewards the old fashion way; earning it.

The bayonet course true was the old way of doing things. But the spirit of the bayonet is very real. Make it mandatory and even quarterly to do. It helps with maintaining fitness to a degree as well. We'll get admin ready to face shoot or a supply be functional to do a guard shift, do convoy work as a gunner or driver, and with zero grief and zero distractions.

That's a leadership issue. Get rid of the herbivores and and start rewarding those that eat meat instead so that those choosing to be a herbivore get motivated to be a meat eater too wanting those same rewards the old fashion way; earning it.

The bayonet course true was the old way of doing things. But the spirit of the bayonet is very real. Make it mandatory and even quarterly to do. It helps with maintaining fitness to a degree as well. We'll get admin ready to face shoot or a supply be functional to do a guard shift, do convoy work as a gunner or driver, and with zero grief and zero distractions.

Leadership and culture. The Marines do a good job of protecting both, their brand. But the navy, my goodness.

Leadership and culture. The Marines do a good job of protecting both, their brand. But the navy, my goodness.

It’s been a long, long time since the average USN sailor has faced hostile fire or had to worry about his/her ship getting blown up.

Of course, if I were on an LCS, I think I’d want to blow the ship up myself.

It’s been a long, long time since the average USN sailor has faced hostile fire or had to worry about his/her ship getting blown up.

Of course, if I were on an LCS, I think I’d want to blow the ship up myself.

Except for the folks in the Red Sea. Those are average sailors worthy of their CARs or whatever they receive.

The LCS? Curiously those sailors aren't aren't engaging the Houthis. Guess you have to be in the fight and all...

What is the LCS anyways? A corvette that also wants to be used as a destroyer?

That can of worms...

My perspective is the Navy thought it could do a somewhat shallow water multi-mission job with the seagoing abilities of a frigate. "We're brown water, but we're also ocean-going."

Um, got it, check, roger, except the lynch pin of this capability, a multi-mission module, proved to be a failure. Anti-surface, anti-air, minesweeper, whatever else the Navy thought... those modules or capabilities came in well overtime and overbudget.

Then the hulls...their performance life is in the toilet. It was a failure in almost every single way. They are literally cracking so no matter your electronics, the ship is in drydock. That's even before you go into the propulsion systems' failures...

That can of worms...

My perspective is the Navy thought it could do a somewhat shallow water multi-mission job with the seagoing abilities of a frigate. "We're brown water, but we're also ocean-going."

Um, got it, check, roger, except the lynch pin of this capability, a multi-mission module, proved to be a failure. Anti-surface, anti-air, minesweeper, whatever else the Navy thought... those modules or capabilities came in well overtime and overbudget.

Then the hulls...their performance life is in the toilet. It was a failure in almost every single way. They are literally cracking so no matter your electronics, the ship is in drydock. That's even before you go into the propulsion systems' failures...
CNO demanded a 40 knot speed, which meant a hybrid drive system which has caused massive problems.

This part of her official Bio jumped out at me:

She was Sailor of the Year at Combat Direction Systems Activity Dam Neck, completed two combat deployments with Mobile Communications Team attached to SEAL Team Two,

Makes me wonder if she's done this before.

Back