Milo Yiannopoulos - discuss

Breaking stuff, no. Conservatives at the highest levels stopped Elizabeth Warren from speaking at the senate confirmation hearing though....

I know the circumstances, but generalizing right?
Yeah, because she was attacking the character of another Senator. Tells me everything about her, already thought she was an asshole. I'm guessing this is where the Roman Senate was, no we need to remove pens so there's no stabbings in the Senate Chamber.

Yeah, because she was attacking the character of another Senator. Tells me everything about her, already thought she was an asshole. I'm guessing this is where the Roman Senate was, no we need to remove pens so there's no stabbings in the Senate Chamber.

Like I said, I know the circumstances. But we are generalizing everything here.

It's Berkeley. They have been, and probably always will be several degrees to the left of everyone. Do we use Liberty University or Bob Jones University to define the right? No, we do not. We should also not look to Berkeley as the milepost for leftism.

So, don't use any violent protestors, don't use BLM, don't use Berkeley. What else is not allowed to be included when talking about the left?

So, don't use any violent protestors, don't use BLM, don't use Berkeley. What else is not allowed to be included when talking about the left?

No shit. Lets reference fringe one off wackjobs in our defense, but all these commonplace things are fringe elements that aren't representative, and shouldn't be construed as our core membership.

Just like how everything but liberal is racist.

Have we seen more violence coming from left-leaning groups recently? Yes, I think that is fair to say.
Has political violence come under the purview of the mainstream left? No.

Look, the American leftist movement is a big intellectual organism, which is comprised of many different interests and movements. A short list includes: organized labor, immigration advocates, pro-choice groups, communists, anti-fascists, environmental advocates, poverty advocates, LGBT groups, the DNC, black and hispanic supremacists, and many others in between. I include the savory as well as the less-savory just to illustrate the scope of American leftism, and as an admission that not all leftist groups are sanguine. Of these groups, organized labor is the largest by a huge margin. Granted, union membership has been in decline since the 60's, but there are still almost 15 million union members in the country.

What is the size of Black Lives Matter? What is the size of the Black Bloc? The Berkeley editorial board? The first one is a trick question because it's not an organized movement and is itself a mishmash of ideologies, and even then the violent elements are only part of it. The second one is in the thousands, perhaps. The third is made up of 16 people, excluding administration staff.

What I'm trying to illustrate is that until advocates of this kind of political violence reach a critical mass on the left, it will continue to be in the domain of the fringe.

What @TLDR20 and others are trying to illustrate is that we don't apply the same standards to American conservatism as we do to the left. Why don't we make a similar list for the right? We've got business interest groups, evangelicals, Constitutionalists, Libertarians, the GOP, States Rights groups, anti-immigration, militias, the Tea Party, pro-life groups, and others. During the Tea Party ascendancy, did the left say "Look, this is now conservatism"? Do we define conservatism through a mixture of militias, anarcho-capitalists, and white nationalists? No, we do not. Nor should we.

Now, if you suddenly have an influential person of power (either politically or economically) on either side begin to advocate violence, then you can start to figure that violence is in the process of being legitimized. Like, if Obama or Clinton came out tomorrow and said "Yeah, let's burn this place down," then you would have a fair argument. The same principle would apply if the Kochs, Peter Thiel, or Newt Gingrich began speaking on behalf the Volksfront.

During the Tea Party ascendancy, did the left say "Look, this is now conservatism"? Do we define conservatism through a mixture of militias, anarcho-capitalists, and white nationalists? No, we do not. Nor should we.

Last I checked, the majority of the commentary coming from the left on anyone who supports Trump, or identifies as conservative, labels them as "racist", "bigots", "misogynists", "deplorable", "sexist", "ignorant", etc. You seem to be confusing the fact that you and @TLDR20 are in the minority with what the majority is saying/doing.

Last I checked, the majority of the commentary coming from the left on anyone who supports Trump, or identifies as conservative, labels them as "racist", "bigots", "misogynists", "deplorable", "sexist", "ignorant", etc. You seem to be confusing the fact that you and @TLDR20 are in the minority with what the majority is saying/doing.

You are generalizing. The majority says that those on who voted for President Trump are all racists? Or do they say they voted for someone who is those things.

I think that the President has said some ignorant, sexist, bigoted bullshit. I don't think everyone who voted for him believes those same things. Maybe I am in the minority who can differentiate there. Shouldn't you also try and differentiate between what is the minority of opinion in widely held beliefs, and what the majority actually believes?

Do you not see a double standard being applied? If I wanted to, and it would be easy, every time someone who supports Trump did say something racist, mysoginist, or ignorant, I could hold it up as an example of the "right". I don't do that because it isn't representative of the right. Now when the President says those things, or his cabinet, or advisors, I will ALWAYS point it out. But if some dude from Ohio, or David Duke says something dumb, I don't post on here attempting to generalize it to 49% of the voting population.

This is the libtard life-

Kevin Plank said:
I think he’s highly passionate, to have such a pro-business President is something that is a real asset for the country. People can really grab that opportunity. He wants to build things, he wants to make bold decisions and be really decisive. I’m a big fan of people that operate in the world of publish and iterate versus think, think, think, think, think. So there’s a lot that I respect there.

Now...the controversy of a Pro Business President-
The Rock said:
I appreciate and welcome the feedback from people who disagree (and agree) with Kevin Plank's words on CNBC, but these are neither my words, nor my beliefs. His words were divisive and lacking in perspective. Inadvertently creating a situation where the personal political opinions of UA’s partners and its employees were overshadowed by the comments of its CEO. A good company is not solely defined by its CEO. A good company is not defined by the athlete or celebrity who partners with them. A good company is not a single person. A good company is a team, a group of brothers and sisters committed to working together each and every day to provide for their families and one another and the clients they serve.
We don’t partner with a brand casually. I partner with brands I trust and with people who share my same values. That means a commitment to diversity, inclusion, community, open-mindedness and some serious hard work. But it doesn't mean that I or my team will always agree with the opinion of everyone who works there, including its executives. Great leaders inspire and galvanize the masses during turbulent times, they don't cause people to divide and disband. My responsibility here is not only to the global audience we serve, but also to the thousands of workers who pour blood, sweat, and tears into making Under Armour strong. A diverse group of hardworking men and women who possess integrity, respect and compassion for one another and the world they live in. Debate is healthy. But in a time of widespread disagreement, so is loyalty. I feel an obligation to stand with this diverse team, the American and global workers, who are the beating heart and soul of Under Armour and the reason I chose to partner with them.

Misty Copeland said:
I have always appreciated the great support and platform that Under Armour has given me to represent my community, gender, and career on the world stage. However, I strongly disagree with Kevin Plank's recent comments in support of Trump as recently reported. Those of you who have supported and followed my career know that the one topic I've never backed away from speaking openly about is the importance of diversity and inclusion. It is imperative to me that my partners and sponsors share this belief. I have spoken at length with Kevin privately about the matter, but as someone who takes my responsibility as a role model very seriously, it is important to me that he, and UA, take public action to clearly communicate and reflect our common values in order for us to effectively continue to work towards our shared goal of trying to motivate ALL people to be their best selves.

Steph Curry said:
I spent all day yesterday on the phone with countless people at Under Armour, countless people in Kevin Plank’s camp, my team, trying to understand what was going on and where everybody stood on the issue. There is no amount of money, there is no platform I wouldn’t jump off if it wasn’t in line with who I am,” Curry said.“... It’s a fine line but it’s about how we’re operating: how inclusive we are, what we stand for. He’s the President. There are going to be people that are tied to them. But are we promoting change? Are we doing things that are going to look out for everybody? And not being so self-serving that it’s only about making money, selling shoes, doing this and that. That’s not the priority. It's about changing lives. I think we can continue to do that.

Since I actually listened to the interview in its entirety, I do not understand the controversy created by that statement in context. I don't know what Curry wants clarified. Even in a vacuum, that's not offensive. Getting offended about literally nothing. These three people can influence a lot people.

You are generalizing. The majority says that those on who voted for President Trump are all racists? Or do they say they voted for someone who is those things.

I think that the President has said some ignorant, sexist, bigoted bullshit. I don't think everyone who voted for him believes those same things. Maybe I am in the minority who can differentiate there. Shouldn't you also try and differentiate between what is the minority of opinion in widely held beliefs, and what the majority actually believes?

Do you not see a double standard being applied? If I wanted to, and it would be easy, every time someone who supports Trump did say something racist, mysoginist, or ignorant, I could hold it up as an example of the "right". I don't do that because it isn't representative of the right. Now when the President says those things, or his cabinet, or advisors, I will ALWAYS point it out. But if some dude from Ohio, or David Duke says something dumb, I don't post on here attempting to generalize it to 49% of the voting population.

You're right, I am generalizing. I am generalizing because the majority of the commentary I notice says the same things. You and SaltUSMC are the minority left. The ones who can have an intelligent, reasoned debate with minimal emotion. You, IMHO, represent the minority left. The majority left is not those things. That's my point. I do not put you guys in the same category, but I believe you are unintentionally being a bit blind to what is happening in leftist America.

You're right, I am generalizing. I am generalizing because the majority of the commentary I notice says the same things. You and SaltUSMC are the minority left. The ones who can have an intelligent, reasoned debate with minimal emotion. You, IMHO, represent the minority left. The majority left is not those things. That's my point. I do not put you guys in the same category, but I believe you are unintentionally being a bit blind to what is happening in leftist America.

I do get where you are coming from. There is no snark here: if all you see is articles characterizing something you may like or agree with as all those negative things, you may think that is the majority viewpoint. BUT: as was shown, sometimes our media is much more partisan than the average person. The commentary is often much more biased than that of most people. Most of it almost all "liberals" are more centrist than is portrayed here. It seems to me that often one cannot even have an opposing viewpoint without being a "libtard" or a "racist redneck" in reality the enormous majority of both parties is full of people like you and I that CAN have a rational discussion.

If I see one more instance of "libtard" or whatever else is used to describe both liberals or conservatives alike, Ima start dropping bombs. FFS, no one can make a point without junior high-level name calling? Christ, I'm just to the left of a Mongol warlord on some issues and the name calling bullshit is old. "Libtards" or "Nazis" for the right, do y'all have idea how ridiculous you sound?

Back