National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

Well that's either being intentionally obtuse or just trying to mislead us by suggesting that you were only linking an article without commentary.
No, it isn't, nor does it suggest anything about whether my post had commentary - much less try to 'mislead' people into thinking that something they can scroll up to see is suddenly not there.

Hell, I don't even have those editing privileges. :ROFLMAO:

It focuses on the fact that you asked about how to judge 'something' that was 'brought up a couple of weeks ago when that was published' in terms of 'figurative cost in votes going to Trump or actual cost of over a billion dollars'.

Unless a claim in my commentary directly prompted that question in those metrics, there is no basis to construe my pointing out the disparity between your question and the actual claims in the article as an intentional bait-and-switch, since there is no advantage to be gained for me by doing it.

This being the case, what you did may be the actual misleading element in this discussion, since you're purposely shifting attention towards a less relevant element of the post that ultimately holds no bearing to the original point.

Or, as some prefer, a classic red herring.

or watched as their dad gets executed while they're in the backseat of the car didn't wake them up. This won't either.

That's a bit very inflammatory given that their dad was at the residence of a woman that he had sexually assaulted, had a knife, not just any knife, but a karambit, had been tased and fought back before going for the front seat of the car while continually making threats against the police.

I hate it for the kids, I really do, but let's not use them as pawns to make points.

That's a bit very inflammatory given that their dad was at the residence of a woman that he had sexually assaulted, had a knife, not just any knife, but a karambit, had been tased and fought back before going for the front seat of the car while continually making threats against the police.

I hate it for the kids, I really do, but let's not use them as pawns to make points.

That's not what I was talking about at all, I was referencing the massive increase in terms gang violence and shootings across the Country. Nothing I said had anything to do with Police related shootings.

To add, I'll have to find the specific instances I had referenced give me a few.

No, it isn't, nor does it suggest anything about whether my post had commentary - much less try to 'mislead' people into thinking that something they can scroll up to see is suddenly not there.

It focuses on the fact that you asked about how to judge 'something' that was 'brought up a couple of weeks ago when that was published' in terms of 'figurative cost in votes going to Trump or actual cost of over a billion dollars'.

Unless a claim in my commentary directly prompted that question in those metrics, there is no basis to construe my pointing out the disparity between your question and the actual claims in the article as an intentional bait-and-switch, since there is no advantage to be gained for me by doing it.

This being the case, what you did may be the actual misleading element in this discussion, since you're purposely shifting attention towards a less relevant element of the post that ultimately holds no bearing to the original point.

So the riots weren’t that big of deal?

That's not what I was talking about at all, I was referencing the massive increase in terms gang violence and shootings across the Country. Nothing I said had anything to do with Police related shootings.

To add, I'll have to find the specific instances I had referenced give me a few.
You were vague. I made the same assumption that @compforce did.

"Studies" showing how "peaceful" the riots are are proof the unrest is hurting democrats and helping Trump.

@compforce

Here you go, I wasn't able to find the one where the parent was executed but I may have misread the article I'll see if I can find it but if I don't post anything then I'll own it.

Just wondering, what part of that post made you think I was hanging the kids deaths on police? Or had anything to do with the shooting in Kenosha?

Infant critically wounded in Bishop Ford Expy. shooting

Interestingly these were normal headlines from the town south of mine every month if not weekly when I was growing up. We used to call it Gang Violence, but now newspapers are calling them mass shootings and sometimes without referencing that it is gang violence, because the focus seems to be to defund police departments and restricting gun rights for the law abiding.

Noticing that is from the south side of Chicago it's unsurprising. Crime in the South Side has been skyrocketing since the Mayor basically gave in to the mob.

Interestingly these were normal headlines from the town south of mine every month if not weekly when I was growing up. We used to call it Gang Violence, but now newspapers are calling them mass shootings and sometimes without referencing that it is gang violence, because the focus seems to be to defund police departments and restricting gun rights for the law abiding.

Noticing that is from the south side of Chicago it's unsurprising. Crime in the South Side has been skyrocketing since the Mayor basically gave in to the mob.

The worst part of it all is, for those who didn't grow up around those areas they don't really have an understanding of it. They see it on the news or hear about it on social media and the immediate reaction is "oh that's unfortunate" then move on immediately to whatever they were doing. Since it doesn't affect them directly it's in essence out of sight out of mind.

I think that's what's going on with a lot of the defund the police crowd. I'm not really seeing the mom of 3 on EBT with the dude slinging on the corner calling for no more police, but the college kid with a Che body pillow doing it.

I don't know, not really sure how to word what I'm trying to say effectively right now.

The worst part of it all is, for those who didn't grow up around those areas they don't really have an understanding of it. They see it on the news or hear about it on social media and the immediate reaction is "oh that's unfortunate" then move on immediately to whatever they were doing. Since it doesn't affect them directly it's in essence out of sight out of mind.

I think that's what's going on with a lot of the defund the police crowd. I'm not really seeing the mom of 3 on EBT with the dude slinging on the corner calling for no more police, but the college kid with a Che body pillow doing it.

I don't know, not really sure how to word what I'm trying to say effectively right now.

Al Sharpton said it best: the latte liberal from the Hamptons.

That the riots were allowed at all under the misleading label of "protests" is criminal and speaks volumes about the municipal leadership who allows it.
Oh they were find and dandy here in Portland, hell the mayor even took part (and PPB had fun macing his ass) until they moved it to outside his house. Now they were a problem and he "has to move because of what this did to his neighbors". :rolleyes:

Back