National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

On your own property, filming legally, not breaking the law. I don’t care if a cop says get inside, there is no cause for force. Paint rounds is irrelevant, still a probability of bodily harm.

I dont think all cops are bad, but how much further are we gonna go defending, defending, defending them until we admit they have a systemic issue. I’m not implying they are all bad, or corrupt. I do believe there is a training issue, I think there is a mentality issue, and when a cop on your street says “Light me’ up” at your home while on your front porch, it leads me to believe there’s an ego issue.
Curfew means inside, so they were actually breaking a law.

Well, a colleague of HH6 sent a photo of her living room window. She lives in a lower end apartment complex near the government core (she normally walks to work), brick went through her front window last night. These dickheads are now attacking homes and apartments of the very people they claim to be protesting for.

And now this. About time Antifa made the list.

So I can't find a list of designated domestic terrorist organizations. Is there one, or would this be the first?

If we're starting one, migh as well just chuck all the other "terroristic" groups (Aryan Nation, ALF, KKK, etc) on there as well.

I say this because, even though I'm not a Trump guy, if he doesn't make this seem apolitical it will blow up in his face.
Designating ANTIFA alone is going to open the floodgates of prime "whataboutism" and further reinforce the "Trump supports white hate groups" narrative.

Well, a colleague of HH6 sent a photo of her living room window. She lives in a lower end apartment complex near the government core (she normally walks to work), brick went through her front window last night. These dickheads are now attacking homes and apartments of the very people they claim to be protesting for.

Colleague went out to join the clean up. The PHX PD Wives network is out cleaning up DT PHX.

So I can't find a list of designated domestic terrorist organizations. Is there one, or would this be the first?

If we're starting one, migh as well just chuck all the other "terroristic" groups (Aryan Nation, ALF, KKK, etc) on there as well.

I say this because, even though I'm not a Trump guy, if he doesn't make this seem apolitical it will blow up in his face.
Designating ANTIFA alone is going to open the floodgates of prime "whataboutism" and further reinforce the "Trump supports white hate groups" narrative.
How is that when most of the ANTIFA movement is white?

There was already a white supremist group declared the same.

U.S. designates Russian white supremacist group as terrorist organization

And the list is probably here some where.

Terrorist Designations and State Sponsors of Terrorism - United States Department of State

How is that when most of the ANTIFA movement is white?

I used the phrase "white hate groups" because that is usually all encompassing for both White Nationalist groups and White Supremacy groups (slight distinctions between both).

I'm referring specifically to domestic ones. We have a whole smorgasbord of ideologies designated as foreign terror organizations.

IIRC, ALF and ELF already are listed as domestic terrorist orgs, and have been for a hot damn minute. Try again...

You are applying your political ideology framework to this. This is not usually helpful and a huge oversimplification. Once you start applying left/right, democrat/republican, it starts to get easy to demonize one side, because that's the enemy, and not objectively look at your own. If you don't believe the Aryan Nation, ALF/ELF, and the KKK don't get their fair share of federal scrutiny; maybe there is an argument to be made there. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of active investigations to anything they do that is beyond an ideological view. People can still belong to groups with very unpopular opinions, yet never act upon them.

But who knows.. Viva la raza!

IIRC, ALF and ELF already are listed as domestic terrorist orgs, and have been for a hot damn minute. Try again...

That's what I'm asking though; is there actually an official designated list of domestic terrorist organizations?
Because all those groups would commonly be considered terrorist organizations, but I don't know if it's "officially" been done before. I just haven't been able to find it.

@Florida173 other than my comment about how I feel this could backfire, I'm trying to look at this apolitically. What I'm getting at is (as best I can find) it has been policy to treat these groups how your last sentence was. Individuals get charged, not groups.

People can still belong to groups with very unpopular opinions, yet never act upon them

I'm not a fan of ANTIFA/Blac-bloc/other violent leftist groups, and I understand fully how this designation could apply to them.

But as I've been saying repeatedly, I'm very cautious about allowing something to happen one group because we agree with it, because it always seems to backfire on us as a population.

ETA: Seems like DHS keeps a "domestic watchlist", but that's really all I'm finding so far.

Last edited:
I'm referring specifically to domestic ones. We have a whole smorgasbord of ideologies designated as foreign terror organizations.
Legally-speaking, there is no “domestic terrorism” designation. I don’t really know what designating Antifa a terrorist org does, other than throw a bone to the base.

This article talks about possible avenues for enacting that kind of legislation:A Road Map for Congress to Address Domestic Terrorism

Legally-speaking, there is no “domestic terrorism” designation. I don’t really know what designating Antifa a terrorist org does, other than throw a bone to the base.

This article talks about possible avenues for enacting that kind of legislation:A Road Map for Congress to Address Domestic Terrorism

Does this list have to be public? Couldn't i just play a shell game with names every time my group gets named?

Chapter 12, section 12 of the MN laws is a good place to start.

Thanks, I’ll read it now.

While I do, let me ask you how you can justify what occurred in that video as proportional force? Isn’t disproportionate force exactly how this all started? I’m interested to see where you’re coming from on this as your initial response to the video seems pretty apathetic to fellow Americans being assaulted unjustly by law enforcement.

Here’s the info I have been looking for if anyone is interested. It seems they’re threatening misdemeanor and arrest to breaking the curfew. Fair enough.

Still haven’t gotten a solid explanation as to how assaulting the citizens on their porch is justified. Further up on this MN FAQ page it states law enforcement are supposed to inquire on why you are breaking these rules.

Me having met Americans before, I can more than assume most don’t know this exact rule. A police officer telling me to go inside then shooting at me with a less lethal doesn’t explain anything. At my home, on my property, telling me what to do smells grossly unconstitutional.

https://dps.mn.gov/macc/Pages/faq.aspx

Can I be outside my house (on my property) after 8 p.m. and before 6 a.m.?

Yes. You can be on your porch, yard, patio, etc., but if a law enforcement officer or other public safety official asks you to go inside, or take any other action, you must follow the instruction.

Back