Post up Your pet pics, not Youtube

TR graduated from The Basic School today. He got a diploma and a bandana...and chicken nuggets from Wendy's. In April it's off to Swim School, and then Dock Diving. If he does well there, maybe Tracking School.

IMG_3266.JPG

Dude...how much you love that dog? he is so awesome.

He's looking at me through the window right now. He wants me to get my ass off the chair and come outside so he can herd the horses to their feed buckets even though they don't need to be herded. So, in other words, he's trying to herd me away from my morning coffee...and he just barked at me so I better go. ☕

Update on Lyla just for some feel good vibes.

Last friday she was adopted by a woman upstate in NY who owns a 16 acre chicken farm. So, for once... "the dog went upstate to live on the farm" is actually legitimate.

TR graduated from The Basic School today. He got a diploma and a bandana...and chicken nuggets from Wendy's. In April it's off to Swim School, and then Dock Diving. If he does well there, maybe Tracking School.

View attachment 21678

AKC Star puppy class.... go for the Canine Good Citizen too.

TrollPardus has swim class #2 today. Swim class #1 was...well, he wasn't thrilled with the pool. So we're taking Benny along today (our golden ret. who loves the water) and a bag of grilled chicken strips to inspire TR to embrace the suck.

He has to be a good swimmer before he can move on to dock-diving. I'll try to get some pics.

I'm curious what the deciding factor was in bringing her back to you? The farm sounded ideal.

Start putting notes up at all the Vet Offices in the area. We have a county-run ASPCA Shelter that has a 97% success rate. Look for a similar shelter, you already know she needs a one dog home. Any idea how she is around cats?

We had two dogs, a huge 100 # Collie, and a smaller Scottie/Corgi mix both intact males ( Max & Sam ) who fought whenever they had the chance. Even seeing each other resulted in them both trying to go through the glass. We managed this for a good five years of keeping them out of sight from each other. We would separate them by floors of the house and that worked pretty well. It would break down when visitors came who did not understand the reason behind the gated stairway. I would suggest having a barrier separating the two dogs until you find a home Lyla. I know what you are trying to manage and it is frustrating as hell. I wish you and Lyla luck.

She was brought back to the shelter I volunteer at so she's not at my house.

I haven't talked to anyone from shelter yet (trainer/behavioralist) but I heard she went after the woman's neighbor.

Essentially her getting adopted is in the shelters hands. Not much I can do at this point.

I don't want to speculate but I agree with @DC, this sounds like she was previously abused or mistreated to an extent that she isn't trustworthy of many people or animals anymore.

An ex of mine had a Rottie Pit mix, extremely wary of strangers and other dogs to the point she would become aggressive and become territorial that we had to muzzle her in public. It's a damn shame too, once she got to the point she trusted me she was the sweetest damn dog I've ever met. I honestly believe that dog would give it's life for me and my ex if it decided that was the course of action.

I'm by no means to the point of PETA but I whole heartedly believe the punishment for animal abusers is way too light.

Back