Post up Your pet pics, not Youtube

We adopted a new dog from the shelter a couple of weeks ago. His name (now) is Jack Elam. He's a spaniel mix of some kind... just a mutt. He's learning how to go running with me without weaving around in front of me, or randomly turning and jumping up on me so that I trip and face plant into the sidewalk.

jack1.png

jack2.png

Dexter's been doing pretty well lately as his BP medicine seems to be doing the trick. He's active in short spurts but still sleeps alot. Today he had some trouble with his hind legs working though.

Here's a picture about 15 minutes after returning a long road trip back from Alabama.

photo_dexter.jpg

He was an accountant at one time but supposedly his occular divergence, so to speak, prevented him to continue this line of work...

Yeah, that "occular divergence" is where this dog gets his name; he's definitely a little googly-eyed. Didn't know that about the actor, though.

lindy, that's a very beautiful dog. You probably said earlier in the threat, but what kind of dog is it?

Dame, is that a Cavalier King Charles pup?
Yes, ma'am it is. Blenheim color. Hubby paid for him out of his poker money.

ETA: Before you ask, yes, he has the spot on top of his head. He's beautiful and possibly show quality. Now if I can just get him to wait until he is outside to pee.

Dexter had another nose bleed while I was away for Guard training. The wife was awakened by our other little dog who was "panicing" at 0300 so she turned the light on and he was covered in blood (I guess he was trying to help Dexter). She then saw the floor was all bloody too and saw Dexter in his been where he'd been bleeding for quite awhile. Apparently he was downstairs when it started then retreated upstairs to his bed. She helped calm him down and gave him a traquilizer so he would stop sneezing the clots out. Eventually he went to sleep and the bleeding stopped (our carpet is trashed). He was groggy the next day and was shivering all day but by the time I got home a few days later he was fine.

The vets still haven't been able to figure out what's wrong. We've shorted the walks and are just trying to ensure he has as many good times as possible.

New dog acquired (not by me specifically, but it is dwelling and slobbering all over my apartment). Jack Elam has a thought bubble saying "Da fuck is this stranger bitch..."

jack_and_bear1.png

I'm guessing when you shop, you sometimes stop by the aisle with the fuzzy throw blankets thinking: "ooooh the dog will like that!" and have a ton of 'em at home.

Typical pet owner... ;)

I have half a dozen on our bed as I write this, BTW... And one draped on the computer chair...

Dexter had another nose bleed while I was away for Guard training.
So sorry about this. It's so difficult. Even the other dog panicking is tough. Lilliput still howls when we mention Truffle's name.

I'm guessing when you shop, you sometimes stop by the aisle with the fuzzy throw blankets thinking: "ooooh the dog will like that!" and have a ton of 'em at home.

Typical pet owner... ;)

I have half a dozen on our bed as I write this, BTW... And one draped on the computer chair...

Well, actually... I guess so. I have a floral one on now. That Seahawks one was a gift, it just ended up being there, so I didn't have to sleep in the hair and the drool all over my nice clean sheets.

The Newfoundland above ended up not working out on the home trial. Now we have this little rat terrier named Esther (other end of the size spectrum). Jack and Esther get along.. a little too well. They're hilarious. I will resist the urge to spam the shit out of everyone with photos and videos. But it's pretty funny. She started raping him within a few hours of being here. I guess he's learned his place now.

----

lindy, ugh that really sucks. Poor thing. :(

Back