Post up Your pet pics, not Youtube

We don't call him the Ten Pound Terror for nothing! He's actually the best dog I've ever owned, he just doesn't realize he's a dog. When he's mad at you, he turns his back on you and glares over his shoulder to ensure you know his displeasure. If you're laughing and cutting up, he smiles too. If my son is feeling anxious or sick, PJ somehow knows it and goes to sleep in his bed instead of mine as he usually does.

Oh--and he LOVES kids. He'll jump in a stroller if I'm not paying attention. One of the black spots on his back looks like Mickey Mouse's head and all the kids notice it. It gets him quite the bit of attention. I'd like to get him certified as a Good Citizen or therapy dog and let him go visit sick kids, he'd be perfect for it.

At a ripe 25 years of age, I would hope not! haha. Forget teenagers...I don't plan on having infants for atleast 3-4 more years.... I like to spend my money on me and occasionaly my wife!
LOL. Easy to tell. You THINK you can win against an adolescent bent on destruction.

Update: Vet gave Dexter an ultra-sound today and imaged his liver, kidneys, lungs, and heart. No sign of cancer but they still do not know why his white cell count is so high. He has polyps kidneys, stomach, and liver; fluid in his stomach; bladder stones; heart disease with high blood pressure causing mini-strokes (he sometimes acts very confused and lost).

The biggest threat is his damaged heart (bad valve) so he's on some meds to slow his heart rate and lower his blood pressure. He has so many things wrong inside so now we're just going to enjoy the time we have with him.

He's a great dog. I remember several years ago coming home around Christmas time thinking that our outside lights popped a breaker. Nope. Dexter chewed through the orange extension cord that was plugged in outside.

Update: Vet gave Dexter an ultra-sound today and imaged his liver, kidneys, lungs, and heart. No sign of cancer but they still do not know why his white cell count is so high. He has polyps kidneys, stomach, and liver; fluid in his stomach; bladder stones; heart disease with high blood pressure causing mini-strokes (he sometimes acts very confused and lost).

The biggest threat is his damaged heart (bad valve) so he's on some meds to slow his heart rate and lower his blood pressure. He has so many things wrong inside so now we're just going to enjoy the time we have with him.

He's a great dog. I remember several years ago coming home around Christmas time thinking that our outside lights popped a breaker. Nope. Dexter chewed through the orange extension cord that was plugged in outside.

Glad to hear Dexter is enjoying life at home. "(he sometimes acts very confused and lost)." Dexter sounds like me :sneaky: .

RF 1

Poor dog had a terrible nightmare last night. We woke up and he was sitting up whining but totally asleep. After we nudged him awake, he looked around, curled up in a ball, and fell back asleep. His appetite is good, plays with the other dog for short spurts, and overall seems ok but has slowed down though. There are times where does thing that just don't make sense.

Poor dog had a terrible nightmare last night. We woke up and he was sitting up whining but totally asleep. After we nudged him awake, he looked around, curled up in a ball, and fell back asleep. His appetite is good, plays with the other dog for short spurts, and overall seems ok but has slowed down though. There are times where does thing that just don't make sense.
My heart goes out to you & your dog.

Sorry to hear that lindy. Sounds like some good and some sad things there. :( In some ways I was fortunate that while my dog was tired and coughing all the time, he wasn't in pain. And we knew he was nearing the end, but he still passed suddenly and without warning. I didn't have to watch him decline. I can't imagine that, really. *hug*

Back