Post up Your pet pics, not Youtube

133501900569.jpg

Xerxes, road trippin from Alaska south.

Went hiking on Monday with Jack Elam and Esther. First part detoured through a cow pasture. Let's just say there are very valid reasons to keep your dog leashed in a livestock pasture aside from them not getting stomped on by or scaring cows.

wrl_not_2.png

He's on bath #2 and still vaguely smells of manure.

8H8rV.jpg

Weirdest looking dogs I've ever seen. Meet Shithead and Apple. Hatched them a little bit before Easter, and they're a blast. I keep them in the stall next to my alpacas. Let them out, and they keep my company for my morning chores. They only stop quacking to listen to me talk, and continue on. :ROFLMAO:

Labradors have been in my family for over a century, both of these are a mix of my old bloodline, my father’s blood line and my sister’s bloodline. It’s a pretty unique thing, due to these blood lines being in our family for so long (my dad’s dating back to his father and grandfather). Anyway, Texas (Black Male) is from Dakota (Yellow Male) & Montana (Chocolate Female). AXE (Yellow Male) is from Dakota and Shelby (Yellow Female).

Dakota is a descendent of my sister’s bloodline, roughly 2 decades in the family bloodline.

Montana was from my father champion field trial bloodline, dates back to my great grandfather.

Shelby is a descendent of MAX (Black Male), my first Lab and by far my favorite dog (passed away during my first deployment), who was also from my father’s bloodline.

Both TX & AXE still have their nuts, but I am keeping them as pets and not breed'ers. I may breed TX down the road due to his outstanding pedigree, but I enjoy just having him standing guard over my children. He is trained as a field dog, and cross trained as a cell phone detection dog (long story, don't ask). lol

Pictures suck because the are from my cell phone,

TEXAS.jpgAXE.jpgTX & AXE.jpgTX & AXE 2.jpg

We had a Golden Retriever when I was in high school. Bought him as a puppy, like your new nephew. Everyone loved him when he was small and cute. Then after about 6 months he was tall enough to look in the windows of our house...on the 2nd floor. No one wanted to take care of him then, so guess who got stuck with it. This guy. We ended up giving him to some family friends who owned acres of land. Our non-fenced-in back yard wasn't doing him any justice. Awesome dogs though!

Back