The "CrossFit Culture" is a bunch of DORKS!!!

My conclusions about cross fit are pretty simple, using HIIT intermixed with other parts of a program will greatly affect strength on the next level. But it is not even close to being the solitary thing to do. If you do the workouts, are safe about everything, great. The kool-aid is where I have issues.

Am I really going to be the only one who posts his scores in here? I know there are some of you who should be well into the 300s on this one.

So, I know this is going to sound weird and I am going to catch shit for it, but after my wife (an avid crossfitter) and the owner of my local gym (which my wife attends) asked me to, I am in the open. I am also judging as well.

Anyway, here is my score for 14.1- 207.

I dont know the last time I have been more disappointed with the way that I performed, and I have a couple excuses, but none that I will list here. Couple rules I went in with- 1 time workout, no re-do's, and as prescribed in the strictest sense, so today was power snatches, no clean and jerk.

Good lord dude. I can't imagine trying to do power snatches all the way through, my shoulders would be like Jello. Good on ya, my friend. :thumbsup:

Good lord dude. I can't imagine trying to do power snatches all the way through, my shoulders would be like Jello. Good on ya, my friend. :thumbsup:
It was a mistake. A really, really bad mistake, lol.

This was actually my second snatch workout in about 3 years- I found out that I could hold weight with a snatch grip about 2 weeks ago, because of a past shoulder injury.

But yea, I just absolutely bombed out of this workout. Really hurt posting that score.

Today's fun :-)

3RFT (40kg weight)
Buy in: 30 box jumps
15 STO
15 push-ups
15 C&J
15 push-ups
15 thrusters
Buy out: 30 box jumps

My time: 30:11

I was destroyed....

P.S: I.HATE.THRUSTERS.

It was a mistake. A really, really bad mistake, lol.

This was actually my second snatch workout in about 3 years- I found out that I could hold weight with a snatch grip about 2 weeks ago, because of a past shoulder injury.

But yea, I just absolutely bombed out of this workout. Really hurt posting that score.
Work smarter, not harder bro.
OK, no more beating you up. ;-)

Work smarter, not harder bro.
OK, no more beating you up. ;-)
hahah! Totally legal here.

The story goes like this- I hurt my shoulder the same time I broke my back/pelvis/ribs. With all the other stuff going on, I never really stood up and said "I need shoulder surgery along with all this other stuff", because it was touch-and-go for a while if they were going to let me be a PJ anymore.

Anyway, fast forward two years, and I finally cracked the code on how to do mobility/correct exercises and stuff to get my shoulder to tolerate things. Another 6 months and I was back to doing pullups to standard, living without constant pain, etc. I had been saying "I cant snatch" for so long, I actually forgot to just try it out. I did, I put up some moderate weight, and didnt feel too bad after. That was two weeks ago-ish.

And now, poof, 14.1 comes up.

Jesus Christ...

So, how many of you kids reading this are whining about your PAST scores and asking "Is xxx enough for Indoc?"
Well, to clarify- it wasn't like I completely shattered my pelvis or anything. I basically put pretty large fx through the body of the pelvis and the iliac crests on both sides, like lots of stress fractures from impact. So, it wasn't the worst it could have been.

The worst part of the pelvic injury is that I basically hit so hard it realigned my pelvis/spine at the SI joint- so I had to learn to lift again (because that basically changed my pelvic angle, which is important for lots of olympic lifting).

Anyway, enough of my whining, back to how shitty I did on 14.1

WOD 14.2

Every 3 minutes for as long as possible complete:

From 0:00-3:00

2 rounds of:

10 overhead squats

10 chest-to-bar pull-ups

From 3:00-6:00

2 rounds of:

12 overhead squats

12 chest-to-bar pull-ups

From 6:00-9:00

2 rounds of:

14 overhead squats

14 chest-to-bar pull-ups

Etc., following same pattern until you fail to complete both rounds

MEN - includes Masters Men up to 54 years old
95-lb. overhead squats
Chest-to-bar pull-ups

WOMEN - includes Masters Women up to 54 years old
65-lb. overhead squats
Chest-to-bar pull-ups

MASTERS MEN - includes Masters Men 55+
65-lb. overhead squats
Chin-over-bar pull-ups

MASTERS WOMEN - includes Masters Women 55+
45-lb. overhead squats
Jumping chest-to-bar pull-ups

http://games.crossfit.com/workouts/the-open/2014#tabs-2

And 14.3.... don't like the programming on this one.

High rep, high weight deadlifts are not smart in my opinion. Especially with an 8 min. time cap

Especially when coupled with box jumps. There is a high potential for an Achilles rupture with this workout.

Back