The self identity thread.

I mean I wouldn't want my wife or daughter going into a bathroom with this lady.

Well unless you have some facial recognition software and a link to the CCTV just before you enter the restroom, how would they know?

ETA: going back to my point I cryptically was trying to make, this thread is supposed to be about self identity and not the women's bathroom. Although I understand the link, it doesn't have to consume the thread...

Well, should my wife or daughter go into a public bathroom and some hairy ape decides to go in there after them...rest assured...I am following suit and standing next to their door. That, or he isn't going in until they leave.

It's truly that simple for me.

I mean compared to someone who may or may not be a woman vs some sort of anti-trans vigilante, I'd choose the trans person. At least they're not walking into the bathroom looking for a gun fight

Well, should my wife or daughter go into a public bathroom and some hairy ape decides to go in there after them...rest assured...I am following suit and standing next to their door. That, or he isn't going in until they leave.

It's truly that simple for me.
And you wouldn't be questioned for that. Because it would be hypocritical.

I mean compared to someone who may or may not be a woman vs some sort of anti-trans vigilante, I'd choose the trans person. At least they're not walking into the bathroom looking for a gun fight

Someone wanting to protect themselves or their kids, from the theoretical possibilities of a man dressing like a woman as disguise to assault them, is now a anti transgender vigilante?

Really man? She is making an inflammatory comment, and trying to draw attention to herself. The only thing she did, is get herself a guaranteed murder conviction if she shoots and kills anyone in a restroom.

That said, with your vast knowledge and training, I'm sure you will be able to protect your wife from the crazy cat lady making stupid "I don't like this and I have a Glock" post's.

So, when will they put urinals in ladies room for all those pre-op transgender folks? Talk about discrimination...:D

It is posts like this that make me think there is no point in reading The Onion anymore.

You could tell me right now that there really is a group calling for urinals in women's bathrooms, and I would be inclined to believe it.

Someone wanting to protect themselves or their kids, from the theoretical possibilities of a man dressing like a woman as disguise to assault them, is now a anti transgender vigilante?

Really man? She is making an inflammatory comment, and trying to draw attention to herself. The only thing she did, is get herself a guaranteed murder conviction if she shoots and kills anyone in a restroom.

That said, with your vast knowledge and training, I'm sure you will be able to protect your wife from the crazy cat lady making stupid "I don't like this and I have a Glock" post's.
Self-appointing yourself to fill the gap for authorities is literally the definition of a vigilante.
As for my vast amount of knowledge, everything I said was in the lvl.1 concealed carry class. Which is why it's important. The very first thing they teach you is not to talk about your firearm. So the moment someone says something like this, it's obvious they have received NO training. Which is irresponsible concealed carrying.

Self-appointing yourself to fill the gap for authorities is literally the definition of a vigilante.
As for my vast amount of knowledge, everything I said was in the lvl.1 concealed carry class. Which is why it's important. The very first thing they teach you is not to talk about your firearm. So the moment someone says something like this, it's obvious they have received NO training. Which is irresponsible concealed carrying.

Go read her actual tweet and tell me how she implies she is taking the law into her own hands?

As for vast knowledge, you're wrong or your course was wrong. Either way, I'll clarify with you that advertising that you have a firearm is a useful strategy (in some cases) to deter an assailant, but not in all situations. In many states open carry is common and lawful, and something I do from time to time. Also many of my buddies to include myself wear gun related t-shirts that we have been given at the many competition and fundraisers we take part, I doubt you want to compare resumes with me on training or experience. If you want to continue the conversation regarding experience/knowledge/training, shoot me a message. Let's get back to the topic of the thread otherwise.

Go read her actual tweet and tell me how she implies she is taking the law into her own hands?

As for vast knowledge, you're wrong or your course was wrong. Either way, I'll clarify with you that advertising that you have a firearm is a useful strategy (in some cases) to deter an assailant, but not in all situations. In many states open carry is common and lawful, and something I do from time to time. Also many of my buddies to include myself wear gun related t-shirts that we have been given at the many competition and fundraisers we take part, I doubt you want to compare resumes with me on training or experience. If you want to continue the conversation regarding experience/knowledge/training, shoot me a message. Let's get back to the topic of the thread otherwise.
You're trying to attack my credibility. And it has nothing to do with what I said. I was trying to correlate her lack of regard for public safety by being untrained and armed and show how it was more dangerous than a trans. person entering a bathroom.
I didn't realize this was a pissing contest

No worries he made the ignore list ;-)

Transgender teen fights bathroom suspension - CNN.com

Some pictures of him at the end of the article.

Here is what I got out of this article. Another case of a busybody getting into someone else's business. Everyone thought she was a boy, and everything was fine. Teacher finds out he is a she, and has to make an issue out of it.
Suddenly the school is making him choose to use the girls bathroom or go to the nurses office. Pretty nerve racking for a high-school student to have to deal with. I still struggle with how I feel about this whole situation of bathrooms, but as I get older I seem to fall back on compassion vs. what the religious right tell me I should feel. Fuck, I hope this doesn't mean I'm turning into a liberal, I don't identify as a liberal, but I sure as hell am tiring of what so-called Republican's are tossing around -

By seventh grade, R. was shopping for clothes from the boys' section. Based on his appearance, girls in middle school began to complain when he used the girls' room. His family reached a decision with school administrators to use the boys' room to make everyone more comfortable, his mother said. Since then, he has used the boys' room at school and in public places, Lynne said. Except for family and a few close friends, people at school knew him as a boy, until October. That's when a teacher found out he was born a girl and complained to administrators about him using the boys' room, the law center's letter states.

Here is what I got out of this article. Another case of a busybody getting into someone else's business. Everyone thought she was a boy, and everything was fine. Teacher finds out he is a she, and has to make an issue out of it.
Suddenly the school is making him choose to use the girls bathroom or go to the nurses office. Pretty nerve racking for a high-school student to have to deal with. I still struggle with how I feel about this whole situation of bathrooms, but as I get older I seem to fall back on compassion vs. what the religious right tell me I should feel. Fuck, I hope this doesn't mean I'm turning into a liberal, I don't identify as a liberal, but I sure as hell am tiring of what so-called Republican's are tossing around -
No my friend, that is called evolution. Welcome to the club :D

See? Even Marines can evolve! lol :troll::-"

By seventh grade, R. was shopping for clothes from the boys' section. Based on his appearance, girls in middle school began to complain when he used the girls' room. His family reached a decision with school administrators to use the boys' room to make everyone more comfortable, his mother said. Since then, he has used the boys' room at school and in public places, Lynne said. Except for family and a few close friends, people at school knew him as a boy, until October. That's when a teacher found out he was born a girl and complained to administrators about him using the boys' room, the law center's letter states.

I actually agree on the compassion aspect. But also wonder if there is a school policy requirements for the teacher to report.

Remember a few months ago when none of this was a media issue?

Fuck, I hope this doesn't mean I'm turning into a liberal, I don't identify as a liberal, but I sure as hell am tiring of what so-called Republican's are tossing around -

I used to say I was socially liberal and fiscally conservative. I am still conservative about basically one issue, and that is gun control. The thing was as I looked at all the things that "shouldn't matter" or should not "sway my vote" like abortion, gay marriage, and other "social progressive bullshit" I found that the people that oppose those things, are often the people I respect the least (politically). I found that in order to say you are pro-choice, you cannot then vote for a politician who, while fiscally conservative, also has to cater to the religious nut-jobs to win his primary. Those fiscal conservatives turn into real conservatives. Also, unfortunately social issues like the ones I outlined tend to say a lot about where someone stands on other issues, like education.

I used to say I was socially liberal and fiscally conservative. I am still conservative about basically one issue, and that is gun control. The thing was as I looked at all the things that "shouldn't matter" or should not "sway my vote" like abortion, gay marriage, and other "social progressive bullshit" I found that the people that oppose those things, are often the people I respect the least (politically). I found that in order to say you are pro-choice, you cannot then vote for a politician who, while fiscally conservative, also has to cater to the religious nut-jobs to win his primary. Those fiscal conservatives turn into real conservatives. Also, unfortunately social issues like the ones I outlined tend to say a lot about where someone stands on other issues, like education.

Interesting, I've got to admit my upbringing limits my abilities to accept things and my personal idea's of religion and theories of rationalization tend to lead me to the same areas of thought. Like I can accept someone for being homosexual, even though I think its wrong, and don't believe it should be forced upon society as normal or common. Example, I would accept my child was a homosexual, because I love them. I don't however agree that it should made something that's common or pushed upon them to feel that it is cool or right.

If that makes any sense at all.

I kinda base it on what environment I want my children to grow up in and what I want them to be exposed to as young kids. Not to shelter them completely as at some point they will be exposed and make their own decisions, but the idea of forced opinions vs personal opinion based on logic and beliefs.

That said my kids are not forced into religious beliefs, but are forced to conform to cultural normality and manners/customs.

Back