Ukraine - Russia Conflict

They've known for years now. They used them well enough that Saudi was running out of Patriot missiles and the UAE kept up almost 24/7 defensive counter air orbits near Abu Dhabi and Dubai using AH-64's. Plus there were several in Syria which I think were tied to Iranian-back groups. This conflict is just demonstrating waterborne swarms.

To that end though, using Pats and Apaches to counter drones is a bucket of fail. All of the high end laser this and high tech that to counter drones is also a bucket of fail if you can't put them on nearly every vehicle and street corner.

Drone tech is so advanced, and our ability to counter it so miniscule, that high school students could destroy large conventional forces using nothing but drones. To further extrapolate that point...people want to take our AR's because those are weapons of war, but where are the calls to stop selling toy drones in the US?

That convo is going to be amazing the first time some kids blow up a high school gym using COTS drones and tannerite.
Last sentence, last part.
Wife and I have had this conversation many times. I'm surprised Tannerite is still on the market. There is a canadian company that was displaying at SHOT awhile that had a "Tannerite" like product where you could combine to get the level of bang desired. They were marketing towards Hollywood, but secondary uses seemed pretty obvious.

Wife and I have had this conversation many times. I'm surprised Tannerite is still on the market. There is a canadian company that was displaying at SHOT awhile that had a "Tannerite" like product where you could combine to get the level of bang desired. They were marketing towards Hollywood, but secondary uses seemed pretty obvious.

Tannerite was the cause of my first arrest, as a teen. I did not exercise good judgment.

Thundershot by Gryphon Energetics or KABOOM by no clue. lol

Gryphon Energetics – Manufacturers of THUNDERSHOT®, the World's Most Powerful Exploding Targets.

Last edited:
Just chunking along in broad daylight high enough where everyone can see you, but too low to maneuver. They looked slow, but that could be an optical effect. Regardless, they pushed their luck after the hit and paid for it, but maybe they knew setting down that close to the Ukrainians was a death sentence.

5 SPHs and 2 trucks in total. I bet a lot of countries want the HIMARS.
That’s one thing that people who are upset about the cost of the war to the west don’t seem to appreciate, this war is a phenomenal weapons testing ground and showcasing just how awesome they are which is already causing other countries to purchase these weapons.
It’s an all around win for the west, on multiple levels.

Here you can see for yourself which countries trade with Russia while they invade and slaughter another country.
This is beyond shameful, Humanity sucks.

View attachment 40883
I don't completely understand this meme. I assume that these are countries' trading with Russia, but it's not entirely clear from the verbiage. The way it is written, and who it's attributed to, could indicate that this is trade with Ukraine.

Some nations are following Einstein's quote: “In the midst of every crisis, lies great opportunity.” Countries like that are why sanctions aren't as effective as we'd hoped. Belgium, the Netherlands, and Japan surprise me though.
"Self-interest is a helluva drug."

rick james cocaine GIF

Here you can see for yourself which countries trade with Russia while they invade and slaughter another country.
This is beyond shameful, Humanity sucks.

This reminds me of something a guy on YouTube I watch says a lot of the time.

In the global game of Politics, ethics and morality are almost going to take a backseat to economics and power dynamics.

It doesn't make it right from our level, but it's the way we've allowed/encouraged our Governments to work.

I don't completely understand this meme. I assume that these are countries' trading with Russia, but it's not entirely clear from the verbiage. The way it is written, and who it's attributed to, could indicate that this is trade with Ukraine.

As best I can see it seems to be total trading volume between those countries and Russia. I don't have the NYT, so I can't see a better look at what those numbers actually are.

Like, a 340% increase in volume with India could be equal to or less than a 3% decrease with Germany, depending on what those trade numbers look like monetarily

That one wasn’t very clear, but It is with Russia.

733BC4CA-E01B-45F1-B5CF-B7006856B652.jpeg

Back