Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Serious question: at what point will nations start running out of ammo to "sell" to Russia? NK's only going so deep into its reserves. China...don't see it. Belarus certainly can't possess massive stocks of viable ammo to give away AND reserve some for national defense. If Russia's industry could keep up, none of this would happen. Russia is expending more ammo than it can beg, borrow, buy, steal, or manufacture, and is still losing the war.
There’s a lot of ammo on the grey market out there. I don’t see Belarus sticking around much longer than Poland during WW2 should WW3 breakout anyways, so they are hedging on Russia to be their savior. NK will supply them with a lot too. I’d imagine they’ll get some newer Russian made equipment in return. Iran will be wary to give them too much due to Israel, and the Russians have a lot of influence in Africa (though it may be waning some as a result of Ukraine and China being the new toy in town with money).

I don’t know if I would necessarily call or compare that to drone swarms, that are currently being developed, possibly also by Iran. It seems to me more like they ( or Russia ) were "just" carrying out saturation strikes, like iirc happened in Saudi Arabia. Coordinated swarm attacks will prob become the next big thing though.

Last edited:
I think Iran is noting how well drone swarms work. Hopefully Taiwan and DoD is paying attention.

They've known for years now. They used them well enough that Saudi was running out of Patriot missiles and the UAE kept up almost 24/7 defensive counter air orbits near Abu Dhabi and Dubai using AH-64's. Plus there were several in Syria which I think were tied to Iranian-back groups. This conflict is just demonstrating waterborne swarms.

To that end though, using Pats and Apaches to counter drones is a bucket of fail. All of the high end laser this and high tech that to counter drones is also a bucket of fail if you can't put them on nearly every vehicle and street corner.

Drone tech is so advanced, and our ability to counter it so miniscule, that high school students could destroy large conventional forces using nothing but drones. To further extrapolate that point...people want to take our AR's because those are weapons of war, but where are the calls to stop selling toy drones in the US?

That convo is going to be amazing the first time some kids blow up a high school gym using COTS drones and tannerite.

... Drone tech is so advanced, and our ability to counter it so miniscule, that high school students could destroy large conventional forces using nothing but dones. To further extrapolate that point...people want to take our AR's because those are weapons of war, but where are the calls to stop selling toy drones in the US?

Drones seem to have a great destructive potential and the prospects are terrifying. Loitering ( conventional and CBRN ) munition of all sizes. If you wanted, they could be nigh impossible to detect. Can be configured as swarms. I know that some countries, incl Germany are working on countermeasures, but it feels like they'll be lagging behind. Maybe ( hope & wish really ) that's an unfair assumption.

Last edited:
Drones seem to have a great destructive potential and the prospects are terrifying. Loitering ( conventional and CBRN ) munition of all sizes. If you wanted, they could be nigh impossible to detect. Can be configured as swarms. I know that some countries, incl Germany are working on countermeasures, but it feels like they'll be lagging behind. Maybe ( hope & wish really ) that's an unfair assumption.

Drone Swarms...do I have my movies right, but reminds me of Enders Game?

Some OSINT I just received…

“Massive missile attack on Ukraine! What is known now:

▪️ Kyiv region. Klitschko confirmed the strike (Труха⚡️Киев) on the capital's critical infrastructure, and Kuleb - flights to the region. Repeated explosions are reported.

▪️ Zaporozhye region. Starukh confirmed the missile attack on the regional center and damage (Труха Запорожье) to critical infrastructure.

Vinnytsia region. Borzov reported that a missile was shot down over the region (Труха ⚡️ Вінниця) and fell on civilian objects. There are no casualties.

▪️ Mykolaiv region. Explosions are reported (Труха⚡️Николаев). Details have not yet been disclosed.

▪️ Kharkiv region. Terekhov confirmed the strike (Труха⚡️Харьков) on the critical infrastructure of the regional center.

▪️ Rivne region. Explosions are reported (Рівне⚡️Труха).

▪️Lviv region. Explosions are reported (Львів⚡️Труха).

▪️ Zhytomyr region. Strong explosions are reported (Труха⚡️Житомир).

▪️ Kirovohrad region. Raykovich confirmed the strike (Труха⚡️Кропивницький) on an energy facility in the Svitlovodsk region.

▪️ Chernivtsi region. Zaparanyuk reported that there is damage (Чернівці⚡️Труха) to critical infrastructure.”

Back