Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Georgians and Wagnerites seem to be in a downright feud. Wagner declared a hunt. In return the Georgians attacked ( this time ambushed ? ) another Wagner position, killing 11 of them. (link) - Warning, graphic.

Meanwhile, the AFU engaged and disabled another T-90M. With 9 so far, that's nearly 10% of their total number.

More US weapons deployed by the AFU

A tank-on-tank, ending in favour of the AFU.

Last edited:
6 weeks after my last post w/ numbers and we've jumped from 1306 destroyed or captured tanks to 1455, a delta of 149 or an average of almost 25 per week.

At that rate, a year from now the war will have cost them a total of 2748 tanks. Russia will literally have almost zero front line tanks and depleted much of what's in storage. Think of the corners her depot soldiers and civilians will have to cut to refurb all of those old T-72's, -64's, and -62's for the front, only to have a life expectancy measured in days.

I won't even begin to estimate where critical systems like armored vehicles, artillery, and prime movers stand, but those numbers have to be ghastly.

If you assume 12 fixed wing a/c per squadron and 20 helos per squadron (the best numbers I can find though you may have better results)
1 squadron of SU-30M (Roughly equivalent to our F-15E Strike Eagles or F/A-18 Hornets)
2 squadrons of SU-25 (Roughly equivalent to our A-10)
1 squadron of SU-34 (Also roughly equivalent to our F-15E Strike Eagles or F/A-18 Hornets)

A US Fighter Wing has 3 squadrons and a US Carrier Air Wing typically has 4 strike squadrons. Go to Mountain Home, Seymour Johnson, or Lakenheath and fly every a/c and their crews into a mountain. OR, reduce an an entire carrier to a token force of strike aircraft. If you tack on various other strike aircraft losses you have another squadron of mixed airframes.

Helos, roughly 2 squadrons of their Apache equivalent models or 2 battalions/ squadrons in the US. When you add their transport losses, you have essentially an entire US Combat Aviation Brigade.

6 weeks after my last post w/ numbers and we've jumped from 1306 destroyed or captured tanks to 1455, a delta of 149 or an average of almost 25 per week.

At that rate, a year from now the war will have cost them a total of 2748 tanks. Russia will literally have almost zero front line tanks and depleted much of what's in storage. Think of the corners her depot soldiers and civilians will have to cut to refurb all of those old T-72's, -64's, and -62's for the front, only to have a life expectancy measured in days.

I won't even begin to estimate where critical systems like armored vehicles, artillery, and prime movers stand, but those numbers have to be ghastly.

Most of the Russian tanks have defense systems which were developed back in the 80s. Apparently they've been upgraded a number of times to "protect" against Javelins, etc; but if your numbers are right they're not doing the job.

Last edited:
Most of the Russian tanks have defense systems which were developed back in the 80s. Apparently they've been upgraded a number of times to "protect" against Javelins, etc; but if your numbers are right they're not doing the job.
I’m pulling my loss data from Oryx and overall strength numbers from the most reputable sources I can find. The numbers in this war are almost unlike anything in modern times, including the Gulf War.

With that said, if anyone can run down better numbers for pre-war unit and equipment strength, I’m happy to stand corrected.

I’m pulling my loss data from Oryx and overall strength numbers from the most reputable sources I can find. The numbers in this war are almost unlike anything in modern times, including the Gulf War.

With that said, if anyone can run down better numbers for pre-war unit and equipment strength, I’m happy to stand corrected.

It's why he's doing missile barrages now, doesn't have the ability to reach much beyond the front. Which shows he thought he'd be welcomed as a liberator of some kind and wanted to keep infrastructure. And now they're using their doctrine as it relates to artillery but getting nowhere since their competent soldiers are all dead.

There’s been a lot of hoopla over the T14 in trade shows and mags etc, Russia’s newest battle tank. But apparently, despite it’s advanced protection system, it can’t defend itself against top-attack munitions.

And the whole program seems to be stalled. For many reasons. Not the least of which is cost to maintain with sanctions in place, tank losses in Ukraine, the incredible expense of the war etc.

And of course they’ve sent none to Ukraine. Might as well be a tortoise on it’s back.

Back