Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Look like CBU dispensors, @racing_kitty what say you.
That’s what I was thinking. But something’s off. There are a lot of spent arty casings in the pic. The Russians weren’t shooting casings. That’s what’s left over after the cannon goes off and a round goes down range. So if that’s in an Ukraine-held city, the those casings were probably from outgoing, rather than incoming, fire.

Look like CBU dispensors, @racing_kitty what say you.

Ah, thanks...did some googling.

Ukraine war: Evidence shows widespread use of cluster munitions in Kharkiv

Ukraine: Cluster Munitions Launched Into Kharkiv Neighborhoods

That’s what I was thinking. But something’s off. There are a lot of spent arty casings in the pic. The Russians weren’t shooting casings. That’s what’s left over after the cannon goes off and a round goes down range. So if that’s in an Ukraine-held city, the those casings were probably from outgoing, rather than incoming, fire.

I completely forgot how many Cluster munitions were used in the Kharkiv bombardment.

One of Russias major strategic bomber bases was hit by drones. At least two Tu-95 were reportedly damaged. Other sources suggest, destroyed.

That is quite the deep penetration into Russian airspace, if confirmed.

Whatever may be the case, the Russian side is foaming over this.

Explosion Hits Engels-2 Airbase, Russia, Reportedly Damaging At Least Two Tu-95 Bombers

Some of them even suggest, that it prompted nuclear retaliation

Last edited:
I’m guessing it’s from the captured Russian arty positions outside of the city, but who knows.

Back