Ukraine - Russia Conflict

In my area gas prices have gone up .40 cents in 2 days.

Of all the things I despise about Biden, near the top of the list is his green-at-all-costs-screw-energy-independence policies.
I am feeling your pain here too my friend. The station near my house went up .30 cents a gallon last night.

Considering their “intervention” in Afghanistan was one big war crime, I can’t imagine the Ukraine will go well for the Russians. Right now there are civilians, in broad daylight, tossing Molotov’s at tanks. An insurgency will bleed the Russians dry. We can make Javelins faster than Russia can build tanks.
It's crazy. Like you said, people are driving right up to tanks with molotovs in the middle of the day...or apparently even farm tractors and towing tanks away.

There are a lot of head scratchers with this campaign so far.

As just one example, it's tough to imagine a reportedly 40-mile long convoy -- in a country they border by land, mind you -- stalled out for, what, 3+ days now? Are their loggies really so bad they can't figure out how to get this done? Certain dudes are drooling all over themselves over stuff like this. They write songs about it:
"When I saw me close to 69 trucks parked in a row
I knew I shouldn't do it, but I just could not say no
So, I called up twenty mike-mike and I rolled in for the pass
Knowing my commander, he was going to chew my ass"

At the same time, the Ukrainians apparently haven't done anything about it either.

Russian Air? Maybe it's there but just not visible and that's what's allowing to the convoy to still exist?

With all the misinformation out there, who knows what's really happening but so much of it just seems odd.

Last edited:
I am feeling your pain here too my friend. The station near my house went up .30 cents a gallon last night.

$4.19 this morning for diesel. Half a tank for my old flatbed truck cost me $90. When gas prices go up, the cost of everything goes up. Yeah, fuck this ridiculous push for electric cars.

It's crazy. Like you said, people are driving right up to tanks with molotovs in the middle of the day...or apparently even farm tractors and towing tanks away.

There are a lot of head scratchers with this campaign so far.

As just one example, it's tough to imagine a reportedly 40-mile long convoy -- in a country they border by land, mind you -- stalled out for, what, 3+ days now? Are their loggies really so bad they can't figure out how to get this done? Certain dudes are drooling all over themselves over stuff like this. They write songs about it:
"When I saw me close to 69 trucks parked in a row
I knew I shouldn't do it, but I just could not say no
So, I called up twenty mike-mike and I rolled in for the pass
Knowing my commander, he was going to chew my ass"

At the same time, the Ukrainians apparently haven't done anything about it either.

Russian Air? Maybe it's there but just not visible and that's what's allowing to the convoy to still exist?

With all the misinformation out there, who knows what's really happening but so much of it just seems odd.
First of all, love the proposed song lyrics.

Also, I wonder if those columns are actually stalled out, or if they're simply staging on the roads in advance of forward movement? I'm not tracking the situation closely so I don't know.

First of all, love the proposed song lyrics.

Also, I wonder if those columns are actually stalled out, or if they're simply staging on the roads in advance of forward movement? I'm not tracking the situation closely so I don't know.

Apparently instead of attacking the point ends of these columns, the Ukrainian Army went after the log in the rear...which is why the "fuel truck" count is so high.

It is very interesting. If they are in fact stopped their due to logistics, why? I mean I know logistics are hard, but if you control the air and the roads, and you've had literally months to build up and stock pile supplies, why is it hard now? Do they really suck so bad at this, or are they being degraded/intercepted/interdicted somehow?

And if Russia doesn't control the air, why isn't Ukraine going all "highway of death" on the convoys? And if the air is contested and we know literally exactly where these convoys are--big fat targets stuck for days--why isn't Ukraine massing forces on the ground to get after them?

It is very interesting. If they are in fact stopped their due to logistics, why? I mean I know logistics are hard, but if you control the air and the roads, and you've had literally months to build up and stock pile supplies, why is it hard now? Do they really suck so bad at this, or are they being degraded/intercepted/interdicted somehow?

And if Russia doesn't control the air, why isn't Ukraine going all "highway of death" on the convoys? And if the air is contested and we know literally exactly where these convoys are--big fat targets stuck for days--why isn't Ukraine massing forces on the ground to get after them?

I'm pretty sure there have been issues with a log train before...Patton, G Khan, Alex the Great, Napoleon, and 1st MARDIV in Iraq. In these cases they outran the log train, went further faster than the log train could keep up. You know this, just looking at it with the question of, if history has shown us these case studies, what happened to them? They could/should have anticipated and prepared for an eventuality. Kinda same question you have.

I'm pretty sure there have been issues with a log train before...Patton, G Khan, Alex the Great, Napoleon, and 1st MARDIV in Iraq. In these cases they outran the log train, went further faster than the log train could keep up. You know this, just looking at it with the question of, if history has shown us these case studies, what happened to them? They could/should have anticipated and prepared for an eventuality. Kinda same question you have.
The odd part is that they seemingly shouldn't be outrunning anything; the distance from Kiev to the Russia border is ~230 miles. They're something like 20 miles outside Kiev with a 40 mile train...for 3+ days.

If this video and translation is true, maybe it explains some of the problem but it raises probably that many more questions:

Last edited:
Could be they used up just about everything during the 30 day exercise and figured they would hop over the border and take the capital in a few days. They didn't expect the resistance they got, thus the long line that was to roll in. I agree on where is the air power. It would only take a few planes and a short run. And where is Russia's air force to protect the convoy? I'm not hearing of any dog fights either.

Just another follow up, in looking back, I guess it took ~2 weeks to get from Kuwaiti border to Baghdad in '03 -- that's about 350 miles. Large forces don't move fast. So, maybe it's like @Marauder06 suggests, maybe they're staging?

Just in case America has to get involved in a land war in Europe, the United States Marine Corps would like you to know that—while we’d love to help out—we gave all our tanks to the Army.

Thank you.

Armor? Who needs armor? /sarc

Just another follow up, in looking back, I guess it took ~2 weeks to get from Kuwaiti border to Baghdad in '03 -- that's about 350 miles. Large forces don't move fast. So, maybe it's like @Marauder06 suggests, maybe they're staging?

I have no idea. If there is no relative threat, staging makes sense. I brought up outrunning the log train only because it has happened a billion times before.

Back