Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Ultimately that is my concern. This will turn into war tourism or something for all the gear hoarders or wannabe militiamen in Reddit or /k/ to finally serve in a way that fits their fantasies. I hope that the Ukrainians are able to do some screening to ensure that they are getting legit people.
Here's to hoping the Ukranians make short work of the Russians so it doesn't get to having to use them.

I hope those clowns go over there and get merked out. Big boy rules. All of the high speed, Gucci, pseudo-operator gear in the world can’t save stupid. If they want to go over, I hope they are treated like the clowns they are. Idiots, children playing adult games.

I think she's also being politically correct to the point of being racist, assuming that a certain population are so ignorant that it needs to be broken down Barney style.
The host specifically asked her to "break it down in layman's terms for people who don't understand what's going on".

Where are you picking up racism in her response?

Last edited:
Ultimately that is my concern. This will turn into war tourism or something for all the gear hoarders or wannabe militiamen in Reddit or /k/ to finally serve in a way that fits their fantasies. I hope that the Ukrainians are able to do some screening to ensure that they are getting legit people.

Good question. Desperate times lead to desperate measures, often including lowering the bar for enlistees. If you need cannon fodder, just about anybody will do.

Last edited:
The host specifically asked her to "break it down in layman's terms for people who don't understand what's going on".

Yeah, that's my understanding too. It's another example of the media taking something out of context and blowing it up. Unfortunately she also has a habit of distracting mannerisms (cackling when she's nervous) and saying things people think are silly, so this just adds to it.

Yeah, that's my understanding too. It's another example of the media taking something out of context and blowing it up. Unfortunately she also has a habit of distracting mannerisms (cackling when she's nervous) and saying things people think are silly, so this just adds to it.

She's dug such a deep hole over the years with her..."less than intelligent" responses and behavior. She's made herself an easy target for spicy out-of-context soundbites that are unfavorable to her.

Make no mistake, I cannot stand the woman on so many levels Qbert would tire of jumping between them, but everyone deserves a fair shake. Besides, give her 24 hours and she'll say something legitimately stupid.

My mention of Senior NCOs and Officers with beards was another way of saying that our government's special operators might be used to hold these positions. When you are Regiment size you are going to need high ranking and experienced personnel to not only be commanders but staff personnel from Regiment down to Bn and companies. I do not believe the Ukrainians will be taking individuals away from their own units to man an International Regiment. Plenty of privates and lower ranking, former military personnel volunteering but cannot see that many E-7s and above volunteering. Shall we say that we are not having troops on the ground when we are.

My mention of Senior NCOs and Officers with beards was another way of saying that our government's special operators might be used to hold these positions. When you are Regiment size you are going to need high ranking and experienced personnel to not only be commanders but staff personnel from Regiment down to Bn and companies. I do not believe the Ukrainians will be taking individuals away from their own units to man an International Regiment. Plenty of privates and lower ranking, former military personnel volunteering but cannot see that many E-7s and above volunteering. Shall we say that we are not having troops on the ground when we are.

I know there are some former Canuck Senior NCO's with beards, already there. But not enough to make a huge difference.

Seems to me Putin is just creating fertile ground for another insurgency that's going to drain Russian lives, money and resolve for years to come. Like Afghanistan. Surely he must've realized this going into it.

Do the benefits of this adventure make it worth fighting another long counter-insurgency? Or is his ego so big that he feels confidant he'll be able to keep any resistance contained or reduced to manageable levels? For years?

Last edited:
I seriously think that Putin wants his legacy to be that he brought back the USSR of old. He has nothing else to offer. I don’t necessarily think he cares one bit about his people.

I think he's looking further back to the Imperial Russia.

Well he ain't gonna get it. This is gonna be the downfall of Putin's Russia. Because besides sanctions, there's a shitload of countries who will probably be willing to subsidize a Ukrainian insurgency. His economy will tank, the casualty lists will grow and I think eventually his own people will get rid of his ass.

Well he ain't gonna get it. This is gonna be the downfall of Putin's Russia. Because besides sanctions, there's a shitload of countries who will probably be willing to subsidize a Ukrainian insurgency. His economy will tank, the casualty lists will grow and I think eventually his own people will get rid of his ass.
I am in total agreement...however, that's his mindset for what it's worth and I feel it will be his downfall as well.

Watching all this play out, I am wondering why the UN is still in operation. They voted to condemn Russia, but all the votes and sanctions are not going to change Putin's mind. So, one country after another will fall to Russia, and because they are not NATO or EU, nothing will be done. After it is all over then things will return back to normal, and we will have a Cold War.

This reminds me of something my son told me the other day. He said it is like a Loan Shark going into a church during services and beating up the pastor and no one stopping him. The reason - They all owe the Loan Shark.

I think she's also being politically correct to the point of being racist, assuming that a certain population are so ignorant that it needs to be broken down Barney style. Has she used the same framing to other audiences?

Many Americans do not center their lives around Europe, international affairs, or war. I think Vice President Harris understands that people have different frames of reference and answered the question as asked in the allotted time.

Back