Ukraine - Russia Conflict

The host specifically asked her to "break it down in layman's terms for people who don't understand what's going on".

Where are you picking up racism in her response?
Sigh... OK.

KH "Yes my people are dumb, so let me explain..."

She was not putting that in layman's terms, she was talking to a kindergarten audience. 'The big mean one, hit the little one, that's bad. M'Kay?'

Have you looked at The Morning Hustle? Do you realize who the audience overwhelmingly is, and more importantly who the show is targeted at?
Think about it.

Sigh... OK.

KH "Yes my people are dumb, so let me explain..."

She was not putting that in layman's terms, she was talking to a kindergarten audience. 'The big mean one, hit the little one, that's bad. M'Kay?'

Have you looked at The Morning Hustle? Do you realize who the audience overwhelmingly is, and more importantly who the show is targeted at?
Think about it.

We'll have to agree to disagree on whether there's a functional distinction between "simple language that anyone can understand" and adequately explaining something to what you call a "kindergarten audience".

We should also probably discontinue the segue at this point since it is veering more and more off-topic.

I read that earlier. Guess they have to put on an extension since they are bogged down on the road.

An extension would be optimal, assuming Putin permits himself the humility to accept anything less than success within that timeline instead of accelerating it and ultimately taking anyone else conceivable down with him on the sinking Putinic.

Edit to the last post:

The first line should finish as, "adequately explaining something to a kindergarten audience".

I realize you were neither calling them that nor saying she called them that, but rather suggesting that she spoke to them as if they were that. My phrasing was inaccurate and this is the correction to it.

My mention of Senior NCOs and Officers with beards was another way of saying that our government's special operators might be used to hold these positions. When you are Regiment size you are going to need high ranking and experienced personnel to not only be commanders but staff personnel from Regiment down to Bn and companies. I do not believe the Ukrainians will be taking individuals away from their own units to man an International Regiment. Plenty of privates and lower ranking, former military personnel volunteering but cannot see that many E-7s and above volunteering. Shall we say that we are not having troops on the ground when we are.

I think those options are actively being discussed in Congress, judging from the desire to do more to help out. However, I just am very concerned about people taking the wrong idea about what this is going to mean.

Completely agree that there is a lot we can be doing to help in a deniable way and that the NCO corps there needs to be strong.

Watching all this play out, I am wondering why the UN is still in operation. They voted to condemn Russia, but all the votes and sanctions are not going to change Putin's mind. So, one country after another will fall to Russia, and because they are not NATO or EU, nothing will be done. After it is all over then things will return back to normal, and we will have a Cold War.

This reminds me of something my son told me the other day. He said it is like a Loan Shark going into a church during services and beating up the pastor and no one stopping him. The reason - They all owe the Loan Shark.

International institutions like the UN exist because powerful nations--the only real power in the international system--find them useful. But at about 3:05 of the following video, we see the limits of the UN and "soft power." ;)

Most people who have had dealings with the UN will absolutely speak up that it's an awful organization, a cabal, of self-interest and good-old-boy back slapping. It needs to burn to the ground, and the sub organizations that actually do any good saved and supported as such (i.e., WHO, UNICEF, etc.).

RE: Ukraine, man, the wheels fell off of that D-day +3. No wonder Putin has gone lunatic.

And raise gas prices in an election year?
Bro, he already raised it with his policies. Normal gas price for me this time of year? Sure 2.25. But it's 3.50. And he already told us we had to "sacrifice". But we have plenty of wells that are uncapped that can come online if he ends a bunch of stupid policies and changes his rhetoric.

Build Back Better needed 500B for Nuclear Power Plant investment.

If there's a post-occupation insurgency they'll be lucky if it lasts 15 years.

Considering their “intervention” in Afghanistan was one big war crime, I can’t imagine the Ukraine will go well for the Russians. Right now there are civilians, in broad daylight, tossing Molotov’s at tanks. An insurgency will bleed the Russians dry. We can make Javelins faster than Russia can build tanks.

Bro, he already raised it with his policies. Normal gas price for me this time of year? Sure 2.25. But it's 3.50. And he already told us we had to "sacrifice". But we have plenty of wells that are uncapped that can come online if he ends a bunch of stupid policies and changes his rhetoric.

In my area gas prices have gone up .40 cents in 2 days.

Of all the things I despise about Biden, near the top of the list is his green-at-all-costs-screw-energy-independence policies.

Because they are low now right?
Biden screwed the US when he took us away from energy independence.
I agree with you 100% But I wouldn’t be surprised that the thought has crossed their mind

Your right. I was just trying to be sarcastic with the comment.

Back