Ukraine - Russia Conflict

If you're going to Ukraine to fight you have to start at the Ukrainian embassy. You can email them to get the process started. Then you get your documents in order (Proof of military or law enforcement service, yada yada.)

Then you have to go into the embassy for an interview with your paperwork. You speak to the Defense Attache. If he thinks you're the real deal, he'll give you an application for enlistment. Voluntary service on a contract basis in the Territorial Defense for the Armed Forces of Ukraine. You'll probably end up in the Georgian Legion. (I think it's for 3 years).

If that goes well, they'll give you instructions on how to get there and what to bring. If you have your own gear that's great...helmet, body armor, belts, vests, all that tacticool shit that's been collecting dust in your closet. Then they'll give you what assistance you need, who to contact, etc.

Bring your own cigs.

VWPCIZ3QVFACLOZOYJEINGEFI4.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah, ammo dump, air-launched kalibr cruise or…fucking huge bomb.

Miscellanea: Understanding the War in Ukraine

Anyone care to share their thoughts on this?

I agree that this was planned way in advance and that negotiations were pointless. I agree that since every country’s economy is inextricably interconnected in the web of the Global Economy, that sanctions can hurt even the countries that impose them.

I also agree the Ukraine has traditionally been a fiercely independent region of the Empire and the Soviet state since the days of the Cossacks, and has never really been a voluntary heart and soul part of Russia.

I also agree that this will not become a nuclear exchange between superpowers.

Us old farts need to go to give some rank and experience. I have been reading about all the volunteers from the US and Canada that are going with no military or combat experience. They are being assigned to the International Regiment. Wonder how many senior NCOs and officers from the US and Canada that wear beards will be in those positions.

Sadly, this may represent the full depth of her understanding:

I read a story about that earlier and listened to it in the posted link. I'm not particularly a fan of the Vice President, but given the context, I'm not upset about the way she broke it down. I mean, at the very least it was 100% accurate, unlike almost everything else coming out about the war in Ukraine right now.

I read a story about that earlier and listened to it in the posted link. I'm not particularly a fan of the Vice President, but given the context, I'm not upset about the way she broke it down. I mean, at the very least it was 100% accurate, unlike almost everything else coming out about the war in Ukraine right now.
I think she's also being politically correct to the point of being racist, assuming that a certain population are so ignorant that it needs to be broken down Barney style. Has she used the same framing to other audiences?

I think she's also being politically correct to the point of being racist, assuming that a certain population are so ignorant that it needs to be broken down Barney style. Has she used the same framing to other audiences?

Well she used to keep people in prison past their sentences when she was AG of California, so I doubt she cares for the people who elected her.

Us old farts need to go to give some rank and experience. I have been reading about all the volunteers from the US and Canada that are going with no military or combat experience. They are being assigned to the International Regiment. Wonder how many senior NCOs and officers from the US and Canada that wear beards will be in those positions.

Ultimately that is my concern. This will turn into war tourism or something for all the gear hoarders or wannabe militiamen in Reddit or /k/ to finally serve in a way that fits their fantasies. I hope that the Ukrainians are able to do some screening to ensure that they are getting legit people.

Back