Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Having worked with Patriot bubbas overseas...they need more money, aka equipment and soldiers. "Low density, high demand" and all that, but when you look at threats to our country, especially forward deployed forces...why the fuck aren't we buying more Pats?

I had an interesting discussion at work today with a colleague who wondered about the security dilemma implications of Russia (and the rest of the world) knowing how easy it is for us to shoot down their ICBMs. I didn’t know enough about ICBMs or interceptors to participate meaningfully in the discussion, but I thought it was interesting.

I had an interesting discussion at work today with a colleague who wondered about the security dilemma implications of Russia (and the rest of the world) knowing how easy it is for us to shoot down their ICBMs. I didn’t know enough about ICBMs or interceptors to participate meaningfully in the discussion, but I thought it was interesting.
I think that's a driving force behind China's hypersonic developments. Sub-orbital and maneuvering all the way. We need to up our laser game.

Of all the things I read about this kid, this may be my favorite. What a fucking tool, he literally lead them right to him.…

Pentagon leak: Jack Teixeira searched classified networks for 'leak' keyword

Jack Teixeira, the 21-year-old Air National Guardsman accused of leaking hundreds of Pentagonclassified documents, searched government networks for the keyword "leak" on the day news of the incident broke, according to his arrest affidavit.

On April 6, the day that the New York Times revealed the existence of the leaked documents, Teixeira "used his government computer to search classified intelligence reporting for the word 'leak,'" the affidavit said.

"There is reason to believe that Teixeira was searching for classified reporting regarding the U.S. Intelligence Community’s assessment of the identity of the individual who transmitted classified national defense information, to include the Government Document," the affidavit said.

From The Wall Street Journal.
=================================================

Leak Suspect Warned Multiple Times Over Classified Information

BY NANCY A. YOUSSEF

Nearly seven months before federal authorities charged an airman with unauthorized retention and transmission of national defense information, members of his unit saw him take notes from classified information, access classified information not related to his job and repeatedly told him to stop, according to memos submitted as part of prosecutors’ latest court filings. [Emphasis added.]

In three memos, dated Sept. 15, Oct. 27 and Feb. 3, Massachusetts Air National Guard commanders expressed concerns about Airman Jack Teixeira’s handling of classified information and told him to “cease-and-desist on deep dives” that weren’t related to his job. Prosecutors arguing Teixeira should remain in custody submitted the memos as exhibits ahead of a Friday detention hearing.

Federal authorities arrested Teixeira in April. In addition to charges of unauthorized retention and transmission of classified information, Teixeira was charged with unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material. He hasn’t entered a plea.

The Air Force declined to comment on the memos, citing the ongoing investigation. Teixeira’s lawyers didn’t respond to a request for comment.

According to a September 2022 memo from a member of his unit, Teixeira “ had been observed taking notes on classified intelligence information” in an area reserved for sensitive information. An unnamed master sergeant asked Teixeira if he planned to shred his notes and Teixeira was also told to stop taking notes. It is unclear from the memo whether Teixeira followed through with the order to shred his notes.

One month later, a master sergeant learned that Teixeira was “potentially ignoring a cease-and-desist on deep dives” after he asked “specific questions” during an Oct. 20 intelligence briefing. The unit offered Teixeira additional training on how to handle classified information but he declined “any cross training opportunity at this time,” according to the memo.

According to a Feb. 3 memo, a master sergeant saw Teixeira viewing classified material on Jan. 30 “that was not related to his primary duty and was related to the intelligence field.” That sergeant informed her supervisor about the incident, according to the memo. The signatory on all three memos was redacted but memos all appear on letterhead for his unit.

Teixeira began posting scores of sensitive material online as early as December 2022, according to charging documents.

Shortly after Teixeira’s arrest, the Air Force suspended commanders within his unit, the 102nd Intelligence Wing at Otis Air National Guard Base on Cape Cod.

“You have here documented evidence of multiple red flags,” said Aram Gavoor, associate dean for academic affairs at George Washington University Law School and a national-security expert. “It is surprising that the Air Force didn’t revoke Teixeira’s access.”

It isn’t clear from the memos whether Teixeira received an official military reprimand from his unit. The memos could have been cited in any potential reprimand. It also isn’t clear whether the suspected violations were reported to the security manager of the unit, who is supposed to be informed about the handling of classified information to determine whether further action was needed.

LINK

I wonder if these were CYA MFRs that someone produced to protect themselves, or if they were turned in to the appropriate channels.

True, but if they weren't turned in their value as a CYA document is nil. Admonish a troop for mishandling classified info and not inform the unit security manager? Twice? THREE times? And if the USM knew and didn't do anything...yikes.

Wait...two memos for two consecutive months and the guy still had access? Seriously?

“You have here documented evidence of multiple red flags,” said Aram Gavoor, associate dean for academic affairs at George Washington University Law School and a national-security expert. “It is surprising that the Air Force didn’t revoke Teixeira’s access.”

It isn’t clear from the memos whether Teixeira received an official military reprimand from his unit. The memos could have been cited in any potential reprimand. It also isn’t clear whether the suspected violations were reported to the security manager of the unit, who is supposed to be informed about the handling of classified information to determine whether further action was needed.

LINK
@AWP

It's the Guard, his dad retired out of the unit.
It's the Guard.

They could have put him elsewhere, but chose not too.

My Guess is the AF doesn't recertify the unit for TS until the Wing Ops Group, Support Group and Squadron Commanders are gone, Com Sqdn Commander is probably toast too, unless they have good political connections; then it's the Guard.

:mad:

Back