Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Well he ain't gonna get it. This is gonna be the downfall of Putin's Russia. Because besides sanctions, there's a shitload of countries who will probably be willing to subsidize a Ukrainian insurgency. His economy will tank, the casualty lists will grow and I think eventually his own people will get rid of his ass.
I am concerned about him doing something really stupid.

One bank has lost more than 90% of its value, in fact, they can't afford to keep the lights on so they're probably closing down. Their economy's worth is almost half of what it was 2 weeks ago.

They've had I think 1800 people arrested for rioting and demonstrating against this? Yeah, they're in a prime spot to destabilize Putin, but it seems no one, no leader or country, wants to knock in the home winning run.

That bank has entered bankruptcy:

European Subsidiary of Russia's Sberbank to Enter Bankruptcy - The Moscow Times

The Russians are arrested grandmas like Trudeaus mounties are trampling them. Over 7,000 people have been arrested.

Watch: Elderly woman in anti-war protest arrested in Russia - CNN Video

Interesting that in the same thread we have calls for cutting off oil imports and also fingerpointing at Biden for high prices at the pump. Personally, I think higher gas prices are a reasonable price to pay for putting Putin's nuts in a vice, but this is a case where everyone's milage will vary.

What do you find "interesting"? On day one he killed energy independence with his rhetoric. Wells got capped overnight. His policies compounded this issue through the next year of COVID idiocy and oil companies couldn't do anything. And then in a massive reversal, he issued more permits between 1 OCT 21 and 31 JAN 21 than Trump did in his entire administration. Yet no one is drilling and no one is uncapping wells because there is no incentive as his rhetoric and policies haven't changed, other than the run up on permits.

Last edited:
Interesting that in the same thread we have calls for cutting off oil imports and also fingerpointing at Biden for high prices at the pump. Personally, I think higher gas prices are a reasonable price to pay for putting Putin's nuts in a vice, but this is a case where everyone's milage will vary.

Both things can be true. Biden's energy policy is an unmitigated work of shit, and this current crisis in Ukraine is increasing prices.

I think this is yet another "feeler" to test how far he will be tolerated and allowed to go. He wants the "breakaway" states back in order to bring back the glory of the "old days." The concern about how far he is willing to go is a valid one. Imagine what he would do if he found out he was sick or something along those lines. No one truly knows what's in the tyrant's mind....

…What do you find "interesting"? On day one he killed energy independence with his rhetoric. Wells got capped overnight. His policies compounded this issue through the next year of COVID idiocy and oil companies couldn't do anything. And then in a massive reversal, he issued more permits between 1 OCT 21 and 31 JAN 21 than Trump did in his entire administration. Yet no one is drilling and no one is uncapping wells because there is no incentive as his rhetoric and policies haven't changed, other than the run up on permits.

QFT. Bravo.

I am concerned about him doing something really stupid.
The irony, of course, is that Putin claims to take these actions in the interest of Russia. Yet, in one week, he's single-handedly done more damage to the Russian people than anyone else in the past 35+ years. The ability of the Russian people to work, travel, and participate with the rest of the "free" world has instantly evaporated through his actions. A quarter of the Russian population is young enough to not even know what it was like in the "old days" of the Soviet Union. So now what?

It's always a dangerous position when a person feels trapped/cornered. The possible off ramps for Putin have become incredibly limited and I don't think any exist where he retains power.

The irony, of course, is that Putin claims to take these actions in the interest of Russia. Yet, in one week, he's single-handedly done more damage to the Russian people than anyone else in the past 35+ years. The ability of the Russian people to work, travel, and participate with the rest of the "free" world has instantly evaporated through his actions. A quarter of the Russian population is young enough to not even know what it was like in the "old days" of the Soviet Union. So now what?

It's always a dangerous position when a person feels trapped/cornered. The possible off ramps for Putin have become incredibly limited and I don't think any exist where he retains power.
He is going to head south after Ukraine, imo. He is not stopping there. He has to find additional wealth and resources for Russia. His economy is going to collapse eventually otherwise. He has been very critical of the Jews and their role in the first Bolshevik party. I would not be surprised.............Israel has some natural resources he might want. Anyways recently he took at shot at the commies for creating the Ukrainian state and how it made no sense to him.

I have no way of knowing if this is true, never heard of "NEXTA_TV" before and I'm not going to take the time to Google Sen. Narusova.

But if this is true, even of just one company... just, wow. 96% casualties is like some WWI-level stuff.

1646449455926.png

I have no way of knowing if this is true, never heard of "NEXTA_TV" before and I'm not going to take the time to Google Sen. Narusova.

But if this is true, even of just one company... just, wow. 96% casualties is like some WWI-level stuff.

View attachment 39000
Crazy numbers, if true. When they say conscripts were withdrawn, it would be interesting to see how this ties to the info I posted a few pages back. In that post, again, entirely reliant on the translation provided and assuming it's accurate, one complaint of the Russian soldiers is that they're being asked to sign and backdate some paperwork. Essentially, the implication is they're conscripts and the backdating is to deny their service and participation in the offensive. They truly were cannon fodder.

View attachment 39000
If true, that’s fucked. Poor guys forced to go fight in Ukraine for reasons they didn’t want and just thrown at the enemy in a human wave. Their morale must be rock bottom right now.

I have my doubts. Russia will have it locked down before April. They have about 600 casualties total.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back