Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Did you even read the article? There is nothing there. Cool, he HQ'd his production company in BVI. It's a pretty bad smear job if it's a smear job of an article as all those funds transferred was for licensure of programs. Which went out to various television networks (as explained in the article).

So how dirty does that make him? Not any dirtier than any US based politician.

That amount of Corporations HQd in Delaware because it's a tax haven and has friendly corporation laws in case there's a dispute is innumerable, even though 99% of companies incorporated in Delaware have never set foot there. Oh, and we have a lifelong senator from Delaware currently fumbling about in the White House.

AND, even if he was a "crook" that doesn't stop him from being a HERO for the world and his people. Democratically elected leader of a country who was invaded without provocation by Russia? His crookedness becomes wholly irrelevant.

I have my doubts. Russia will have it locked down before April. They have about 600 casualties total.

Using a Russian based number is not accurate, and it's peddling disinformation.

Putin vs. the web: Russia tries to hide casualties and searing war images

Russian Troop Deaths Expose a Potential Weakness of Putin’s Strategy

Last edited:
While looking for information on the conscript situation. I found this tidbit. This won't go well for Putin if true.
"Ms Narusova spoke as the Russian Duma passed a new law punishing citizens with 15 years in prison if they are peddling "fake" information about the actions in Ukraine.
These mainly refer to calling the conflict a "war" rather than the Putin-approved "special operation"."
'96 percent dead' Russian senator opens up on huge soldier losses in one military company

ETA: True. News media are the target but reports say little old ladies are being arrested at protests as well.
Russia Targets Media Outlets With ‘Fake News’ Law, Blocks Facebook

Last edited:
Did you even read the article? There is nothing there. Cool, he HQ'd his production company in BVI. It's a pretty bad smear job if it's a smear job of an article as all those funds transferred was for licensure of programs. Which went out to various television networks (as explained in the article).

So how dirty does that make him? Not any dirtier than any US based politician.

That amount of Corporations HQd in Delaware because it's a tax haven and has friendly corporation laws in case there's a dispute is innumerable, even though 99% of companies incorporated in Delaware have never set foot there. Oh, and we have a lifelong senator from Delaware currently fumbling about in the White House.

AND, even if he was a "crook" that doesn't stop him from being a HERO for the world and his people. Democratically elected leader of a country who was invaded without provocation by Russia? His crookedness becomes wholly irrelevant.

Using a Russian based number is not accurate.

LOL. You are fine with corrupt American politicians? I'm not. On your last comment and the Ukrainian one is? There is no truth during war.

LOL. You are fine with corrupt American politicians? I'm not. On your last comment and the Ukrainian one is? There is no truth during war.
I guess it depends on how you've followed the war. Western and Ukrainian sources are far more accurate, they may be some propaganda on estimates of dead bodies, but the equipment numbers wholly check out.

Oryx

There's tons of sources you can look at that don't come close to backing up any bullshit that comes from Russia. To include the French and UK MoDs.

Here's a guy on twitter who has whole threads documenting Russian losses.

https://twitter.com/RALee85

I guess it depends on how you've followed the war. Western and Ukrainian sources are far more accurate, they may be some propaganda on estimates of dead bodies, but the equipment numbers wholly check out.

Oryx

There's tons of sources you can look at that don't come close to backing up any bullshit that comes from Russia. To include the French and UK MoDs.

Here's a guy on twitter who has whole threads documenting Russian losses.

https://twitter.com/RALee85
You link me an article about a drone to support your argument? Twitter? Rob Lee? Ok. Have a good day.

This whole things seems like such an unnecessary own-goal for Putin. His country is in a situation that we could have only dreamed of even just a year ago. The whole thing seems to be on the edge of falling completely apart.

Diplomatically, few countries that matter are backing him. He is getting totally wrecked on the Information front, which is something Russia usually does somewhat well. He's getting embarrassed Militarily by a (strongly Western-backed) Ukrainian military that he should have been able to completely steamroll. And Economically? Holy shit are things about to get bad for the Russians. Putin dorked this up so bad that even the Europeans are agreeing to meaningful sanctions. Hell Putin even motivated some freeriding European countries to start taking their own defense seriously and to start paying their NATO 2%. He's even got the king of electric cars calling for increased fossil fuel production in the US.

So far, all of this seems to be good for US national security interests, and very bad for Russia. Short of an all-out war with Russia, it's hard for me to see right now how this doesn't end up being a net win for the US. Maybe Russia will fuck themselves up so bad over this that they'll be sidelined for the next 20 years, which will give us the opportunity to focus on the real threat, which is China.

You link me an article about a drone to support your argument? Twitter? Rob Lee? Ok. Have a good day.

@ThunderHorse has many faults; mainly, he is ugly. That said he's pretty objective about the stuff he posts and will call out all sides. Instead of scoffing and engaging in ad hominem, why not check it out and assess the veracity for yourself? Best case (for you) is you maintain your rightness; worst case you change your mind.

This whole things seems like such an unnecessary own-goal for Putin. His country is in a situation that we could have only dreamed of even just a year ago. The whole thing seems to be on the edge of falling completely apart.

Diplomatically, few countries that matter are backing him. He is getting totally wrecked on the Information front, which is something Russia usually does somewhat well. He's getting embarrassed Militarily by a (strongly Western-backed) Ukrainian military that he should have been able to completely steamroll. And Economically? Holy shit are things about to get bad for the Russians. Putin dorked this up so bad that even the Europeans are agreeing to meaningful sanctions. Hell Putin even motivated some freeriding European countries to start taking their own defense seriously and to start paying their NATO 2%. He's even got the king of electric cars calling for increased fossil fuel production in the US.

So far, all of this seems to be good for US national security interests, and very bad for Russia. Short of an all-out war with Russia, it's hard for me to see right now how this doesn't end up being a net win for the US. Maybe Russia will fuck themselves up so bad over this that they'll be sidelined for the next 20 years, which will give us the opportunity to focus on the real threat, which is China.

He does seem to have totally underestimated the level of support he would get as well as the level of military engagement it would take to be successful.

@ThunderHorse has many faults; mainly, he is ugly. That said he's pretty objective about the stuff he posts and will call out all sides. Instead of scoffing and engaging in ad hominem, why not check it out and assess the veracity for yourself? Best case (for you) is you maintain your rightness; worst case you change your mind.
Twitter? No thanks.

He does seem to have totally underestimated the level of support he would get as well as the level of military engagement it would take to be successful.
What I'm wondering is maybe whatever his end goal is, and I won't pretend to know what it is, if he just thinks it's worth all of this. And how much is China in bed with him on this? If those two worked in close concert it would definitely make life hard for the US. But maybe China is looking at the world's reaction right now and are like, "You now, maybe we hold off for a little while on our little Pacific land grab."

What I'm wondering is maybe whatever his end goal is, and I won't pretend to know what it is, if he just thinks it's worth all of this. And how much is China in bed with him on this? If those two worked in close concert it would definitely make life hard for the US. But maybe China is looking at the world's reaction right now and are like, "You now, maybe we hold off for a little while on our little Pacific land grab."
Look up Kievan Rus. Vlad sees himself as a Prince. Look at the nations that made that empire up. He secured Belarus two months ago without war. This goes back further than the Russian Empire.

Deepening Ties: Belarus and Russia Sign Union State Treaty

Kievan Rus' - Wikipedia

The modern nations of Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine all claim Kievan Rus' as their cultural ancestors,[6] with Belarus and Russia deriving their names from it.

I'm smart enough not to believe social media and most media in general. But thanks. Have at it.

OK, I will break it down Barney style. You want to think in binary terms? That's OK. But you will always be wrong. I have not been around S2 types (civ or mil) in, well, a long time, but 'back in the day' they looked at WSJ, NYT, Pravda, CNN, Fox, now Twitter, Insta, and every other source they could get. Then they start looking for trends and patterns. Then they start digging. If YOU want to discount Twitter (or any other source) as lying twaddle, well, OK then. Remember, even The National Enquirer and Drudge Report broke real, hard stories. But if you are comfy wearing the tinfoil crown and going all dark web to find your truth, then to quote you, "have at it." But maybe I have it all wrong. You told me you smart enough, so I guess I will go back to being a knuckle-dragging troglodyte.

OK, I will break it down Barney style. You want to think in binary terms? That's OK. But you will always be wrong. I have not been around S2 types (civ or mil) in, well, a long time, but 'back in the day' they looked at WSJ, NYT, Pravda, CNN, Fox, now Twitter, Insta, and every other source they could get. Then they start looking for trends and patterns. Then they start digging. If YOU want to discount Twitter (or any other source) as lying twaddle, well, OK then. Remember, even The National Enquirer and Drudge Report broke real, hard stories. But if you are comfy wearing the tinfoil crown and going all dark web to find your truth, then to quote you, "have at it." But maybe I have it all wrong. You told me you smart enough, so I guess I will go back to being a knuckle-dragging troglodyte.
You are adorable. Have a good day.

I agree that China may be thinking "if Russia can't waltz into Ukraine, how are we going to mount an historic amphibious assault on the biggest island an amphibious assault has been launched against, successfully?"

It's hard to divine what Putin's end game is for sure. But you know what he has is not what he was expecting.

Back