Ukraine - Russia Conflict

I'm smart enough not to believe social media and most media in general. But thanks. Have at it.
There’s not enough bandwidth on this website for me to list all the reasons why social media is a fucking goldmine for intel—and much of it very current or real-time information.

Half the dudes in prison right now are there because cops busted them through social media.

Last edited:
Eagle is a multi-time offender going back to my days on staff. He always returns with a mea culpa ( this time wasn’t necessary of course) and always catches the Hammer. I’m only sorry I wasn’t the one to do it again.

In my new "new year/new me post-cancer" enlightenment I am much freer in what I say. I was 'this' close to saying something to him that would have gotten me banned.

Was thinking about the situation for Putytanks. He started this war and all the other BS in 2014 because he wanted Ukraine to fall under his influence like Belarus. People are saying Belarus came under his control two months ago, that's fully revisionist. Belarus has been a puppet state of Russia's at least 10 years and heavy Russian Rotation of troops for the last five years. Why else has Lukashenko been able to keep power after losing an election eh?

So he wanted to declaw Ukraine. Well this is the exact opposite. Whenever this ends and Ukraine retakes every inch of territory including the separatist region and possibly Crimea. He will have a heavily hostile and militarized neighbor. So, if anything he's getting the polar opposite of what he wants. All the while destroying his own economy.

So he wanted to declaw Ukraine. Well this is the exact opposite. Whenever this ends and Ukraine retakes every inch of territory including the separatist region and possibly Crimea. He will have a heavily hostile and militarized neighbor. So, if anything he's getting the polar opposite of what he wants. All the while destroying his own economy.

I agree. Not sure about the Ukrainians retaking every inch, but if the Russian economy really collapses, combined with military losses and perhaps even widespread domestic unrest…and Ukraine continues to get massive support it’s certainly possible.

I agree. Not sure about the Ukrainians retaking every inch, but if the Russian economy really collapses, combined with military losses and perhaps even widespread domestic unrest…and Ukraine continues to get massive support it’s certainly possible.
I think they get pretty close, I just don't have a timeline. Could be a year? Two years? Ten years. But when Russia beats retreat it will be bloody.

And to be clear, I never thought Putin would attempt to drive on Kyiv either. I thought he was still doing rational piece meal things when it came to territory grabs. Clearly I was wrong. But based on how Ukraine has fought, they will fight to take what's theirs.

Putin is clearly no longer a rational actor.

Last edited:

Watching that now. I don't remember Maidan as much as it was a thing, weirdly remember the Orange Revolution much more. But holy shit. Where do these people find so many cops?

ETA-
So, the Berkut, which was some quasi Special Force Police, a huge organization. Quasi FBI. But also basically a hardcore security apparatus that was a relic of the USSR. Was dissolved in 2014, the units in Crimea helped Russia annex the peninsula and defected to Russia.

Last edited:
China is shrewd and always looking out for itself. It's interesting to keep an eye on their reactions. So far their responses have been very measured. Thought this article was an interesting read:
China Declared Its Russia Friendship Had ‘No Limits.’ It’s Having Second Thoughts.
The PRC has also quietly said to Russia that sovereignty is to be respected. Not exactly word for word but as didling like that is no-no & keeping out of nations affairs a core belief of theirs. Ive read several opinions on what China will do & it looks like no-one knows. I don’t think their politburo knows either. Xi had a plan as part of the B&R to join the Pacific to the Atlantic with a rilly Kewl railway…running through Ukraine.

The PRC has also quietly said to Russia that sovereignty is to be respected. Not exactly word for word but as didling like that is no-no & keeping out of nations affairs a core belief of theirs. Ive read several opinions on what China will do & it looks like no-one knows. I don’t think their politburo knows either. Xi had a plan as part of the B&R to join the Pacific to the Atlantic with a rilly Kewl railway…running through Ukraine.

I think B&R is going to struggle considerable in the next few years and they might need to either temper their expectations or scale it back. (I feel like that's the wrong temper).

But what will they do? Who knows. They keep everything pretty close to their chest up there. I think the CCP is having one of their big meetings at the moment so might learn more shortly.

Are there any thoughts out there that people are possibly growing tired of Putin and he is realizing it and upping his tyrannical game?

Back