Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Yes, sir, he’s got our nuts in a vice. If it weren’t for nukes, we might be engaging.
Putin himself can't launch the missiles, it is his commanders. Would they push the button when Putin gave the order, knowing what the results would be.

Putin himself can't launch the missiles, it is his commanders. Would they push the button when Putin gave the order, knowing what the results would be.

That’s a crapshoot. Depends on what scares them most, Putin or nuclear retaliation. You’d like to think it would be the latter.

Now if you ask that question about Kim and North Korea…launch or death by flamethrower firing squad, the devil you know rather than the devil you don’t.

Last edited:
I think they were expecting it to be jammed once the invasion began and were going to use LORAN.

Well, GLONASS has been integrated into our survey software and I am a bit concerned about reliability...I haven't seen anything on the professional boards to that effect, but in many ways, since we do not perceive ourselves as directly involved, I wonder if anyone is even thinking about it...

Can’t beat the timing.
Yeah. You know I'm wondering what's on those islands now. I mean in 2014 they put a data collection station in Crimea after "annexing" it. If the Japanese poke the Bear on these islands it might be over something juicier than just "Hey assholes, look over here!"

Sorry, my imagination is on overload these days. I gave up hard alcohol for lent.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight...Ukraine sink a battleship using land based ARTILLERY?!
OK, I read this quickly on my phone first. So, a patrol ship, not a battleship...but still. And MLRS, not old school artillery...but, again, still!

Yeah. You know I'm wondering what's on those islands now. I mean in 2014 they put a data collection station in Crimea after "annexing" it. If the Japanese poke the Bear on these islands it might be over something juicier than just "Hey assholes, look over here!"

Sorry, my imagination is on overload these days. I gave up hard alcohol for lent.

I think the Japanese are doing just that, giving the Bear a little jab in the ass while its attention is diverted. An minor irritation for Putin at the moment but nothing more. From what I gather Russian communities are pretty firmly ensconced on those islands.

Now pour yourself a stiff shot and forget this silly lent business.

No problem, we'll get all our oil from Canada and the Keystone Pipeline........oh, wait.....
I'm sure this was as well thought out as the withdrawal from Afghanistan. Which is to say, it wasn't planned or thought out well at all.

Besides, good ol' Jen Psaki tells us we're still receiving all the oil Keystone would've provided, it's just coming in through different methods. 🙄

Back